Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-30-2004, 10:08 PM   #61
Shelob's Hubby
Enting

I work at a maritime museum which also provides overnight boat docking for members. One day I was taking a reservation for a dock slip and I asked, "Would you like electric with that?"

I think so Brain, but without ears, we look like weasels.

"The next time I lent an ax to a surgeon, I would pick my century." A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court.

The Last Alliance of Orcs and Spiders
Shelob's Hubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 04:21 AM   #62
Draken
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthBound
Draken, I use to teach physics as a high school teacher a few years ago. For a demonstration we built solid fuel rockets and took them out to the desert to fire off. One particular kid could not do anything right. He was a favorite of mine. His rocket was more glue, tape, and brocken pieces of plastic than actual "rocket". We were a bit nervous firing it off but he was excited to try. Well . . . it flew straight up . .....about 50 ft., jetsoned a fin or two, then shot "like a rocket" (hehe) into the nearby sage, that had recently been dryed out to a ripe tinder dryness. The rocket disappears into the brush spitting flame, soon the brush is on fire, so the rest of the class and myself are stomping out the flames, screaming, sweating panic . . . it was hilarous. Can't remember if we really learned anything that day . . . lol

btw - the US is trying to locate 1 of the 11 !!!!! broken-arrows (a lost or misplaced nuclear bomb). Grief....
Ah you can have so much fun with physics! Though not that much fun over here I'd guess, what with the Explosives Act, etc! Well at least our bomb wasn't nuclear, just an inert 1000 pounder. Last seen heading for the Bristol Channel.

....or am I?
Draken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 11:52 AM   #63
Telcontar_Dunedain
Warrior of the House of Hador

Uh-oh.
'Ducks and take cover'
I live near Bristol.
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

The Silmarillion, Nirnaeth Arnoediad, Page 230
Telcontar_Dunedain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 11:00 PM   #64
Meriadoc Brandybuck
Magnificent Master of Buckland

Quote:
Originally Posted by trolls' bane
LTNS, Merry.
What's that stand for?
Quote:
In 6th grade, we did a market day project for math, and against my judgement we decided to sell shirts rather than school supplies. We were going to put designs on the shirts, with markers, etcetera. One day, while we were making posters in the Computer Lab (where I now have a math class). Donald, who was often behind since he went into 5th grade, was making a poster that was supposed to say shirts. Well, I wondered why the teacher was looking over his shoulder, and not saying anything, so I looked at his screen, and noticed something was wrong with 'Shirts.'
I said "Uh, Donald, you left out the R.

Is there anything I can do that wouldn't inconvenience me?.-Adrian Monk

Hogan: What's a definate factor that we can count on?
Newkirk: We don't know what we're doing.

Do you wanna split a pineapple? -Shawn Spencer
Meriadoc Brandybuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2004, 06:08 PM   #65
trolls' bane
Entmoot Secretary of the Treasury

Long Time, No See . I'm always at school or on my board.
Old 10-02-2004, 06:18 PM   #66
Meriadoc Brandybuck

Quote:
Long Time, No See
I knew that!
We were watching a TV show on Food Network about nuts, and the host said 'peanuts'. Suddenly, my sister jumps up from the floor (where she usually lays when watching TV) and yelled "Peanuts aren't nuts!!!" My 17 pound cat, who was laying on my dad jumped off, frightened, and dug his back claws into our dad's gut while jumping off.

Old 10-04-2004, 04:45 AM   #67
Draken
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telcontar_Dunedain
Uh-oh.
'Ducks and take cover'
I live near Bristol.
Ah don't worry, didn't get very far. Landed on a beach somewhere in Pembrokeshire. Buried itself and some very expensive onboard measuring kit, never to be found.

....or am I?
Old 10-04-2004, 05:52 AM   #68
Nerdanel
Spammer of the Happy Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meriadoc Brandybuck
I knew that!
We were watching a TV show on Food Network about nuts, and the host said 'peanuts'. Suddenly, my sister jumps up from the floor (where she usually lays when watching TV) and yelled "Peanuts aren't nuts!!!" My 17 pound cat, who was laying on my dad jumped off, frightened, and dug his back claws into our dad's gut while jumping off.
i just love cats.

- C. Sagan

My (photography) website
My Flickr page
Nerdanel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 07:21 AM   #69
EarthBound
Lady Tipple & Queen of Blessed Thistle

Loud and Deadly

I worked for Macy's for several years and during the Christmas season 2 years ago I was beat and tired and working (as we all were) way to much. I finally got a break from the onslaught and ran to the bathroom. It was full of mothers, teenagers, and very sophisticated ladies wearing very sophisticated watches and expressions. I rush into a stall, and begin to, uh, "find some relief" (lets keep it PG here) when an unstoppable, colossal, levitating fart emits from (gasp!) ME!!! The restroom went deathly quiet, then a quick and silent march was made to the door by everyone.

I'd successfully cleared the room.

I waited until about 15 other people came and went before I went back out to the selling floor......

Happy to be here

The HACBR has been alerted to my postings…..Hobbits Against Constant Beer References

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. --Ben Franklin

I want my Mooter T-Shirt!
EarthBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 08:38 AM   #70
Draken
Elf Lord

*lol* EB!

That is close to being too much information!

....or am I?
Old 10-09-2004, 10:05 PM   #71
Elanor's Angel
Elf Lord

Location: Hiding under my bed reading LOTR at 1:43am, Middle earth (Seattle WA)
lol! (Did you miss me?)(Jk)

And mine was'nt? (I'm sorry I'm not on as much now, I am totally swamper with homework)
Once, I was at a reserant and my little sister started playing with my mom's make-up. Later, in her cute three year old charm, she kissed me on the cheek; evryone started to look at me funny. It was'nt untill I went to the ladies room that I had a great big, red, lipstick lip mark accross my cheek.

Vote Trolls' Bane/Elanor's Angel 2008!!!
Elanor's Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004, 05:03 PM   #72
Meriadoc Brandybuck

I was serving a funeral mass yesterday, and I put the cross that you carry up and laid it against the wall. I was walking over to my seat when the cross crashed down with a rather large boom (it echoed). I put it back up and didn't go back until I was sure it wouldn't fall.

Old 10-11-2004, 04:36 AM   #73
trolls' bane
Entmoot Secretary of the Treasury

Well, this was more sad, since no one was around to make it embaressing exceot my dad (it was his idea in the first place). It's another rocket story.
Yes, it exploded. We were always used to putting an engine one size bigger, and never had any trouble witg it, though it was only cardboard and balsom wood. It always went the highest, and the fastest. But one day, we sent it up, and about 300 feet up (after only about two seconds after takeoff)I saw a ouff of smoke, accompanied with a pop, and peices floating toward the ground. I'll never let my dad talk me into stuffing the parachute that deep again. I found all of the peices, including the remains of the hull(?), and the melted remains of the parachute.
Then there was the time the X-wing rocket exploded in my dad's face (that was a different trip). And of course the time we had to walk half a mile to retrieve the other rocket we brought on the trip I mentioned first, which flew clear over the highway and we found it witg its nose in the dirt, stuck strait up.
Old 10-12-2004, 09:37 PM   #74
Elanor's Angel
Elf Lord

I was in rocket club.
(It was kind of a tradition to chatch your rocket.) One kid's rocket got it stuck in a tree, and when he was trying to get it down (he was supposed to wait for the principal to bring a ladder) he got stuck in the same tree!

Old 10-15-2004, 05:01 PM   #75
Eowyn, Lady of Rohan
The Evil One

Oh i have one; when we were doing soccer drills I like knocked over 3 of the 6 cones and missed the shot. Arg. Also, we were playing soccer and some one shot the ball at the goal (I was goalie) and i tried to kick the ball back, but i lost my balance and fell over.

How come all my embarrassing moments happen in soccer?
Eowyn, Lady of Rohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2004, 09:44 PM   #76
Elanor's Angel
Elf Lord

With objects being kicked, head-butted, and chased; with kids running madly after something, with crowds, and coaches and refferies?
Hmm.. I wonder why!

(I'm just teasing Ya'! )

Old 10-26-2004, 07:37 PM   #77
Eowyn, Lady of Rohan
The Evil One

lol lets see...oh yeah, then there was just a couple days a go when i was a t a fancy hotel in boston and i had a migrane and i really needed to throw up but there was n't a bathroom any where near, so i threw up in the sand ash tray. lol
Eowyn, Lady of Rohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 02:44 PM   #78
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Location: Mirkwood, well actually I live in North-west Scania, Sweden
Today when I was biking home I had a moment's distraction and drove onto a 3 inch space between a street lamp and the road and fell over.
Grey_Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 12:37 PM   #79
Thain Peregrin Took I
Thain of Randomness

I just remembered another embarrassing moment....

One time when I was about 6 or 7 years old, we were visiting our grandparents house. I though the back door was open, so I was running to go outside and play or something, but it turned out that the screen door was closed, and I ended up breaking it.

Monk: I'm 100% sure that she probably killed him.
Stottlemeyer: What does that mean?
Monk: 95%...

I feel like Pepé Le Pew when he look up "pew" in the dictionary. *French accent* Le pew? Moi? Noo. -Shawn Spencer

*British accent* It's a bobble head Bobbie! *head bob* -Special Agen Seely Booth
Thain Peregrin Took I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 03:14 PM   #80
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

I think a lot of people have done stuff like that. Your story reminded me of one I heard where someone broke their nose running into a glass patio door.

I've got an embarassing moment for ya...

I had been sick for two days, a Thursday and Friday. This put me a bit behind in class, so on the Monday, I went to my prof's office to ask for an extension on an assignment. Now, I actually had forgotten my prof's name! So I went to the hall and knocked on the door of a prof with a likely looking name, figuring that I'd recognize him. Well, the guy turns around, and I have no idea if it's my prof or not! I started phrasing my question, but I couldn't decide if he was the right guy or not. So I trailed off lamely and said, "... never mind... ", then basically fled! I then looked up his name, and it had been my prof! So I went back to his office on the pretense that I just needed to get my schedule first, but by then he was on lunch break. But seriously, I was so embarassed that I nearly cried! And I don't get embarassed that easily either. Oddness. I blame it all on being a foreigner!
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Nurvingiel is offline   Reply With Quote