Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2006, 04:21 PM   #761
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

THANKS BIG TIME

I just love the opening .."The Koran also spelled Quran is a scientific and mathematical miracle so there can be no doubt that it is from a supernatural source,"

Belief....about a fallacy.
Old 03-21-2006, 04:42 PM   #762
inked
Elf Lord

You are WELCOME, Spock.

I'm sure you'll ROTFL with this one (which is, for the uninitiated, sarcasm)
http://theanchoressonline.com/2006/0...nterview-ever/

DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVE A DEFICIENCY IN YOUR HUMOUR GENES/JEANS!
"And there is always the danger of allowing people to suppose that our modern times are so wholly unlike any other times that the fundamental facts about man's nature have wholly changed with changing circumstances." Dorothy L. Sayers, 1 Sept. 1941
Old 03-21-2006, 04:45 PM   #763
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

HUMOUR GENES working overtime.......lmao !
Old 03-21-2006, 04:49 PM   #764
inked
Elf Lord

Seriously, Indian politicians cannot be accountable under law if ...

http://www.jihadwatch.org/archives/010655.php

and for lyrics of love and peace in Islam with a sound clip site:

http://www.jihadwatch.org/archives/010632.php
"And there is always the danger of allowing people to suppose that our modern times are so wholly unlike any other times that the fundamental facts about man's nature have wholly changed with changing circumstances." Dorothy L. Sayers, 1 Sept. 1941

Last edited by inked : 03-21-2006 at 04:53 PM.
Old 03-21-2006, 05:08 PM   #765
Jonathan
Entmoot Attorney-General,
Equilibrating the Scales of Justice, Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock
How they vote in the United Nations:

Below are the actual voting records of various Arabic/Islamic States which are recorded in both the US State Department and United Nations records:
This is anti-muslim propaganda.

Consider this - in many questions that America has voted against, the rest of the world has often been in touching agreement and voted for. Not just Arab or muslim states, but everyone.

A recent example would be the forming of a new human rights body. The US, and only two other nations, voted against it. Judging from what I read in the papers, the US seems to vote different than the great majority often in the General Assembly.
An unwritten post is a delightful universe of infinite possibilities. Set down one word, however, and it immediately becomes earthbound. Set down one sentence and it’s halfway to being just like every other bloody entry that’s ever been written.
Old 03-21-2006, 05:13 PM   #766
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

It's not propoganda when it's true.

"Reality, what a concept"
....Mork from Ork.....
Old 03-21-2006, 05:15 PM   #767
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan
A recent example would be the forming of a new human rights body. The US, and only two other nations, voted against it. Judging from what I read in the papers, the US seems to vote different than the great majority often in the General Assembly.

Then you don't read in depth about this subject. This body would have the power to indict US soldiers for things done in and because of battle. The world wants us to protect and die and yet they want to be able to punish us for it. THAT is why we voted against it. BTW, did you know that some of the most serious violators of human rights have been in charge of this function at the UN? Cuba and Syria in very recent times.
It's a joke and one I don't find funny.
Old 03-21-2006, 05:22 PM   #768
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

Quote:
This is anti-muslim propaganda.

Consider this - in many questions that America has voted against, the rest of the world has often been in touching agreement and voted for. Not just Arab or muslim states, but everyone.

Yeah Ive seen that anti muslim post on right wing blogs and in forwards from extremist types. They conveniently clip off the percentages of our allies which arent much better or in some cases worse. Plus its completely misleading and non-contextual as you say.

http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/outrage/unvote.asp

What Japan votes against us 58% of the time?! Lets bomb them suckers back to the stone age!

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."

Last edited by Insidious Rex : 03-21-2006 at 05:23 PM.
Old 03-21-2006, 05:25 PM   #769
Jonathan

Quote:
Then you don't read in depth about this subject. This body would have the power to indict US soldiers for things done in and because of battle. The world wants us to protect and die and yet they want to be able to punish us for it. THAT is why we voted against it. BTW, did you know that some of the most serious violators of human rights have been in charge of this function at the UN? Cuba and Syria in very recent times.
It's a joke and one I don't find funny.
Dear Spock, I do know the reasons for the US vote in the General Assembly. The reasons don't matter, the numbers you posted are still anti-muslim propaganda. The fact remains that the US voted against everyone else (or if you prefer to put it this way: everyone voted against the US).

Simple mathematics, if the US votes against every other state too often, the percentage of times that each individual state (muslim or not) has voted against the US will increase!
An unwritten post is a delightful universe of infinite possibilities. Set down one word, however, and it immediately becomes earthbound. Set down one sentence and it’s halfway to being just like every other bloody entry that’s ever been written.
Old 03-21-2006, 06:23 PM   #770
inked
Elf Lord

Propaganda, eh? An Indonesian survey reports that "moderate Islamics" still back stoning for adultery 50% of the survey said. The good news? Only 10% of those surveyed thought suicide bombinh acceptable :

http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/JAK183756.htm
Old 03-21-2006, 06:44 PM   #771
inked
Elf Lord

Islam and the west, particularly gays:

http://www.memritv.org/Transcript.asp?P1=1045

oh, and Israel and the Holocaust, with the usual non-biased islamic worldview:
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/ar...TICLE_ID=49262

Last edited by inked : 03-21-2006 at 06:46 PM.
Old 03-21-2006, 09:07 PM   #772
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

Quote:
Dear Spock, I do know the reasons for the US vote in the General Assembly.

Case proven.
Old 03-22-2006, 01:26 AM   #773
Jonathan

Quote:
Case proven.
Did you even bother to read the rest I said?

[edit] The numbers you posted say nothing unless you post how other countries, such as America's allies, have voted as well. You always need something to compare with. See IRex's post.

Last edited by Jonathan : 03-22-2006 at 02:04 AM.
Old 03-22-2006, 04:44 AM   #774
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

Compare and Contrast went out , for the most part, in middle school and earlier. These facts on issues pertaining to both sides are sufficient to show the trend and the anti-American and anti-Islamic person as the enemy.
Old 03-22-2006, 11:46 AM   #775
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

Come again?

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
Old 03-22-2006, 12:18 PM   #776
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

Old 03-28-2006, 06:44 PM   #777
inked
Elf Lord

But the public rhetoric is critical, too. At some point we have to face down a culture in which not only the mob in the street but the highest judges and academics talk like crazies.

Rahman embodies the question at the heart of this struggle: If Islam is a religion one can only convert to not from, then in the long run it is a threat to every free person on the planet. What can we do? Should governments with troops in Afghanistan pass joint emergency legislation conferring their citizenship on this poor man and declaring him, as much as Karzai, under their protection?
A thoughtful exploration of Afghani calls for the execution of a man converting from Islam to Christianity....

"In a more culturally confident age, the British in India were faced with the practice of "suttee" -- the tradition of burning widows on the funeral pyres of their husbands. General Sir Charles Napier was impeccably multicultural:

''You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: When men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows.You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."

India today is better off without suttee. If we shrink from the logic of that, then in Afghanistan and many places far closer to home the implications are, as the Prince of Wales would say, "ghastly." "

©Mark Steyn 2006

http://www.suntimes.com/output/steyn...-steyn261.html
Old 03-28-2006, 07:15 PM   #778
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by inked
''You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: When men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows.You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."
That's brilliant.

A difference between the situations in India and Afghanistan is that the British actually ruled India. We don't rule Afghanistan. So we'd be delegitimizing Afghanistan's government if we sent in troopers to free Rahman.

By the way, on a much more positive note, Rahman has been freed! It's supposed to be because of mental health issues, so that doesn't resolve the legal ethics issues. At least he's free, though.
If the world has indeed, as I have said, been built of sorrow, it has been built by the hands of love, because in no other way could the soul of man, for whom the world was made, reach the full stature of its perfection.

~Oscar Wilde, written from prison

Oscar Wilde's last words: "Either the wallpaper goes, or I do."
Old 03-28-2006, 07:28 PM   #779
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

eee's 'avin' another go at the British again!!

...'ere we go ...
Old 03-28-2006, 07:45 PM   #780
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

I was expressing approval of Sir Charles Napier's action, BB!
If the world has indeed, as I have said, been built of sorrow, it has been built by the hands of love, because in no other way could the soul of man, for whom the world was made, reach the full stature of its perfection.

~Oscar Wilde, written from prison

Oscar Wilde's last words: "Either the wallpaper goes, or I do."

Last edited by Lief Erikson : 03-28-2006 at 08:42 PM.
Closed Thread