Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entertainment Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 11-09-2003, 06:34 PM   #41
Millane
The Dude

hmm first of all ive seen it a few times now and after the first showing i mainly went to see the last samurai and RotK trailers which were both undoubtedly better than revolutions itself...
Main dissapointment was the lack of Marilyn Manson
it would make sense to have Zion a part of the matrix for the small percentage of rebels that didnt accept the matrix, just somewhere they could be so they didnt cause a fuss...
a lot of the answer to questions like where did the machines come from were not found in the movies but in the animatrix. a lot of people have had difficulty understanding it but i think if you have watched the animatrix and the three movies then you should be able to understand or infer what is going on...
i agree with JD that Agent Smith is another anomalie like Neo, and so i think that Neo could have lived if Agent Smith was destroyed. Another program would have been written to balance the equation soon enough.
Seraph and Mifune were undoubtedly the stars of this movie... i loved morpheus' line just before Neo left for the machine city, something like 'the honor is still mine' a little reference from the first movie... Trinity's death scene sucked as much as her little run to neo at the trainstation, and one of my friends actually cried...
i think it made since to end in peace it sort of amazed me that the humans kept up the war after the machines were so much more advanced, the machines were the peaceful ones...
Loved the scene with the merovingian but i dont think they needed to splay out the scene at the trainstation it was just another program nothing special... Persephone should have been in it lots and i was looking out for the twins but again im dissapointed
it wasnt that i didnt think they gave answers as much as they were unsatisfying and dissapointing, i thought that this trilogy has just gone downhill since the first movie... the second one was great and i was hoping for a grear finale but i wasnt really expecting it....
i would tell people just to go for the Last Samurai, and RotK trailers... they are going to be great movies
Old 11-09-2003, 06:59 PM   #42
jerseydevil
I am Freddie/UNDERCOVER/ Founder of The Great Continent of Entmoot

Quote:
Originally posted by Millane
Trinity's death scene sucked as much as her little run to neo at the trainstation, and one of my friends actually cried...
I agree - it was a little over the top. No worse than jackson though.
Quote:

i think it made since to end in peace it sort of amazed me that the humans kept up the war after the machines were so much more advanced, the machines were the peaceful ones...
How were the machines peaceful? They were using humans as food? Wouldn't you fight for the freedom of the human race if you knew people were being used as food?
Quote:

i would tell people just to go for the Last Samurai, and RotK trailers... they are going to be great movies
I think the matrix is far better than lord of the rings. The Lord of the Rings should have been so much more. The matrix does leave a lot of questions unanswered - but at least it makes you think.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

Memorial to the Twin Towers
New Jersey Map
Fellowship of the Messageboard
Legend of the Jersey Devil
Support New Jersey's Liberty Tower
Peacefire.org

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide

jerseydevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2003, 07:19 PM   #43
thranduil
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Hey bud, you missed another great looking movie. Troy. It looks spectacular. But I liked Matrix even though I'm not a huge fan.
thranduil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 04:41 AM   #44
Millane
The Dude

ohhh dont get me wrong Revolutions was a great movie but i just expected better... im sure JD, and correct me if im wrong, but do you dislike lord of the rings more because it could have or you expected it to be a lot better. im still a fan of the matrix and it is that which made me even more sad
Quote:
I agree - it was a little over the top. No worse than jackson though.
ohhh dont get me started me and the friend who cried have had many arguments over whether Boromirs was a better death scene than Trinity's and it gets me really worked up. feelings towards jackson aside do you think boromirs death scene was way better than trinity's pathetic ending... this friend also had the nerve to say boromir whinged to much in his death scene and his 'proof' was boromir saying 'the world of men will fall'
Quote:
How were the machines peaceful? They were using humans as food? Wouldn't you fight for the freedom of the human race if you knew people were being used as food?
again i was coming from the animatrix. have you seen it. because i definately think the humans are to blame, they created them then the robots peacefully marched for their rights (after being treated like ****) and then again the robots sent representatives to plea for peaceful co-existence and were destroyed. using humans as energy was also only used after the humans blocked out their only source the sun (trying to destroy them).... not enough of the machines side was told in the movies and so it is very easy to see the humans as the innocent victims whereas i totally see the opposite.
Quote:
Hey bud, you missed another great looking movie. Troy. It looks spectacular. But I liked Matrix even though I'm not a huge fan.
unfortunately that trailer wasnt on before revolutions ad i havent seen it, but im am so looking forward to the last samurai, superb armour, swords, story, characters, actors, music and every single aspect of the movie looks so incredibly fantastic even tom cruise looks half decent (one of my least fav actors) and Ken Watanabe looks awesome... go to the website and check it out www.thelastsamurai.com

Last edited by Millane : 11-10-2003 at 04:44 AM.
Millane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 10:54 AM   #45
Khamûl
Slacker
Warrior Admin

Quote:
Originally posted by Sheeana
or where the machines came from, or how they took over, or anything!
Might I suggest watching The Second Renaissance Parts I and II in the Animatrix. That shows how the machines took over. Very interesting and actually makes you feel kinda sorry for them.

Psalm 107:31
Khamûl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 04:05 PM   #46
Snowdog
Dúnedain Ranger of the North

Matrix and sequels...

Matrix was an excellent movie.
Re-Loaded was sh... crap, and Revolutions little better. A case of trying to milk a buck from a good movie. It reminds me of Highlander and its two sequels.

And I said as much over on the Last Free City site.

Last edited by Snowdog : 11-10-2003 at 04:07 PM.
Snowdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 04:43 PM   #47
Khamûl
Slacker
Warrior Admin

Quote:
again i was coming from the animatrix. have you seen it. because i definately think the humans are to blame, they created them then the robots peacefully marched for their rights (after being treated like ****) and then again the robots sent representatives to plea for peaceful co-existence and were destroyed. using humans as energy was also only used after the humans blocked out their only source the sun (trying to destroy them).... not enough of the machines side was told in the movies and so it is very easy to see the humans as the innocent victims whereas i totally see the opposite.
Didn't see this when I made my last post. Good points Millane. Watching the Animatrix, I did feel sorry for the machines. We were horrible to them and I pretty much think we deserved what we got after watching that.

Old 11-10-2003, 05:56 PM   #48
jerseydevil
I am Freddie/UNDERCOVER/ Founder of The Great Continent of Entmoot

Quote:
ohhh dont get me wrong Revolutions was a great movie but i just expected better... im sure JD, and correct me if im wrong, but do you dislike lord of the rings more because it could have or you expected it to be a lot better.
I dislike the Lord of the Rings because Jackson made it into an action movie. I had always seen the Matrix as an action movie - therefore I was not that upset by the matrix. Could it have been betetr - of course it could. The acting in the train station was crap for one thing.
Quote:

ohhh dont get me started me and the friend who cried have had many arguments over whether Boromirs was a better death scene than Trinity's and it gets me really worked up. feelings towards jackson aside do you think boromirs death scene was way better than trinity's pathetic ending... this friend also had the nerve to say boromir whinged to much in his death scene and his 'proof' was boromir saying 'the world of men will fall'
I think Boromir was over the top. I don't think that Boromir's death scene was better than Trinity's. I think jackson wanted more and more emotion - to the point it just seemed pretty fake and way too emotional.
Quote:

again i was coming from the animatrix. have you seen it. because i definately think the humans are to blame, they created them then the robots peacefully marched for their rights (after being treated like ****) and then again the robots sent representatives to plea for peaceful co-existence and were destroyed.
No - I hadn't seen the animatrix.
Quote:

using humans as energy was also only used after the humans blocked out their only source the sun (trying to destroy them).... not enough of the machines side was told in the movies and so it is very easy to see the humans as the innocent victims whereas i totally see the opposite.
If this is true - then yes - I agree that the Matrix could have been far more than what it was. To me - the Matrix was always just an action movie with a cool story. If all this happened - then yes - they should have made it less action oriented and shown more of the back story. Hollywood is dumbing down too many movies - and this is just another proof of it seems.
Quote:
unfortunately that trailer wasnt on before revolutions ad i havent seen it, but im am so looking forward to the last samurai, superb armour, swords, story, characters, actors, music and every single aspect of the movie looks so incredibly fantastic even tom cruise looks half decent (one of my least fav actors) and Ken Watanabe looks awesome... go to the website and check it out www.thelastsamurai.com
Our theater showed the trailer. As was mentioned Troy looks cool too. of course - again - it seems to be a dumbed down action movie. I don't have problems with dumbed down movies - it's just that some movies I expect to be intelligent. As you have demonstrated - the Matrix series could have been far more, the Lord of the Rings should have been a hell of a lot more.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

Memorial to the Twin Towers
New Jersey Map
Fellowship of the Messageboard
Legend of the Jersey Devil
Support New Jersey's Liberty Tower
Peacefire.org

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide

jerseydevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 07:46 PM   #49
Starr Polish
Elf Lord

Location: Slow down and I sail on the river, slow down and I walk to the hill
If you want to find out more about the history of the Matrix and the war between humans and machines you should try to find the manga. I haven't read it, but I've been told about it and it explains quite a bit. I'm not sure how much Revolutions goes into, since I'm seeing it tonight, but it discusses how the war began and such.
Old 11-10-2003, 09:08 PM   #50
HOBBIT
Saviour of Entmoot Admiral

haven't carefully read this thread, but what is "the manga"

Again, this movie did not suck. And it was not 'horrible' as some of my friends at school have said.

There is no plausible reason for declaring it a horrible movie. Little things don't count, it was still an awesome movie.

This girl at school was all "it was horrible! nothing happened" um yeah, something happened "all they did was shoot at machines for an hour" so? that was one of the coolest battle scenes. "neo wasn't in it.. he had like no screen time" of course he was in it! not much you can show while he is on his way to the oracle. "what was the point of trainstation" "made no sense" "last fight scene sucked - same exact coreography from first matrix (neo vs smith in revolutions same as neo vs morpheus in first one)" Uhm no, but martial arts is very similiar. They did the hand thing on purpose. That scene was cool as well!

Another big complaint was that "morpheus was barely in it." Well, he isn't as major a character as in the first matrix, but thats ok. His purpose is to find the one. He is the spiritual guy who believes in the prophecy. His belief causes others to believe. The matrix universe gets larger in the second two - we know what zion is and there are hundreds more ships. In the first film all we are aware of is the crew of the Nebachanezer.

Morpheus is an important character still in Revolutions. The movie isn't about him though.

Those are just some idiotic comments...... it did not suck. I did not think it was great either. It was a GOOD movie, enjoyable to watch. Not as good as the original, but what can you do?

YOU DONT TRASH IT.

But really, what was the purpose of the trainstation??.
Yes, yes the scene was there to show that programs have feelings and a families and children with a concept of love and karma BUT what is the point of the station itself?

They don't really explain it well. I gather that it is a what the Merovingian uses to smuggle programs in and out of matrix, but why out? Why is that family in the trainstation?

Makes little sense, but just small criticism from me

"I'm up to here with cool, ok? I'm so amazingly cool you could keep a side of meat in me for a month. I am so hip I have difficulty seeing over my pelvis" - Zaphod Beeblebrox

Latest Blog Post: Just Quit Facebook? No One Cares!
HOBBIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 10:18 PM   #51
gdl96
the greg the admin

I think the point of the trainstation was really just to show how machines can "love" too and all that stuff. And so they could have the Merovingian in the scene.

And that same girl who hated the movie also hates jazz music and Pulp Fiction. So don't listen to her.

And you forgot another one of her quotes: "the Merovingian is stupid. he's French, so he must be stupid. and gay. the scenes with him are stupid and pointless"
gdl96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2003, 01:06 AM   #52
Sheeana
Lord of the Pants

*smacks Tristan around the head*

Use that brain in yer head for a change instead of just shooting off. How dare you dictate what other peoples tastes are supposed to be! Movies are, and will always be, of a subjective nature. Just because you think it's the bee's knees (or almost), doesn't mean that everyone else is supposed to. That said: the movie sucked ass. The fight scene scene - the culmination of everything - sucked. The script (like the others) sucked. There were scenes that were just completely extraneous! I ask again: what is so great about Neo becoming Christ personified? It's been DONE. I will grant that the train scene wasn't completely useless though - machines can apparently 'love', and that goes along way towards explaining why Neo didn't just let the Smith virus wipe out the machines... rather, letting the matrix live on. Gnrrr, this moved sucked more than LOTR, and that's saying something. I want a refund.
Sheeana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2003, 01:42 AM   #53
HOBBIT
Saviour of Entmoot Admiral

I got a refund

No point in being overcritical; if you hated it so much why didn't you just wake out of it. Yesh, you are allowed to have your opinion and I am allowed to have my opinion of your opinion. If you think it sucked 'major ass,' give good reasons (that I can agree with). Thats not so unreasonable Why go around trying to find faults with things?

Again, I do not think this was a great movie but a good movie.

Could you have written it better yourself?

It kept me entertained, how about you? That is what movies are intended for, right?

"I'm up to here with cool, ok? I'm so amazingly cool you could keep a side of meat in me for a month. I am so hip I have difficulty seeing over my pelvis" - Zaphod Beeblebrox

Latest Blog Post: Just Quit Facebook? No One Cares!
HOBBIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2003, 02:59 AM   #54
Sheeana
Lord of the Pants

Quote:
Originally posted by HOBBIT

No point in being overcritical; if you hated it so much why didn't you just wake out of it.
Because I kept expecting the great big explanation scene, ala Architect, like it did in reloaded... *sigh*
Sheeana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2003, 06:43 AM   #55
Millane
The Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by Khamûl
Didn't see this when I made my last post. Good points Millane. Watching the Animatrix, I did feel sorry for the machines. We were horrible to them and I pretty much think we deserved what we got after watching that.
there were some shots in the animatrix that made you 'feel' for the machines like the blokes brutally beating that robot woman and the running over the protesters with tanks and the mass graves. the time when the movies are set in, the tables have turned and we only see the machines cultivating humans for energy and some humans keeping up the resistance against the 'evil' machines, ohhh what heroes
Quote:
I dislike the Lord of the Rings because Jackson made it into an action movie. I had always seen the Matrix as an action movie - therefore I was not that upset by the matrix. Could it have been betetr - of course it could. The acting in the train station was crap for one thing.
i was dissappointed with a lot of the acting in revolutions, smith, merovingian, seraph and mifune were great, trinity was appalling. before the movie came out a reviewer said that the dialogue and acting reminded him of a crappy show lkike the bold and the beautiful, at the time i said yeah whatever you wanker and then i saw it and he hit the nail on the head completely.
Quote:
I think Boromir was over the top. I don't think that Boromir's death scene was better than Trinity's. I think jackson wanted more and more emotion - to the point it just seemed pretty fake and way too emotional.
geez there was nothing even remotely good about trinity's death scene, they had a crash and then she crapped on for a bit then i was expecting a **** joke like 'you'll have to drive' boromirs death was honorable and in every way perfect, Sean and Viggo can act an emotional scene Carrie as trinity was a let down.
Quote:
No - I hadn't seen the animatrix.
watch it, a lot better than Revolutions
Quote:
If this is true - then yes - I agree that the Matrix could have been far more than what it was. To me - the Matrix was always just an action movie with a cool story. If all this happened - then yes - they should have made it less action oriented and shown more of the back story. Hollywood is dumbing down too many movies - and this is just another proof of it seems.
hmmm i think after reading a bit of the Philosophy in the Matrix it does go deeper than an action movie, and the animatrix added to that, revolutions was just an action movie, the movie concentrated to much on the action and neglected the story and thats why we got pathetic answers
Quote:
Little things don't count, it was still an awesome movie.
ummm there were many little thinks that sucked and they add up... it was such a let down,
bad story, bad acting, bad dialogue, lots of hype, trinity (who i previously liked ) etc all made up for a bad movie, and yes all those crappy little extra things like trinity at the trainstation and the kid out of kid's story breaking the news to zion that the war was over...
no the merovingian was good, he was one of the standouts of the movie, maybe she was like someone i know who gave an even pisspoor excuse for her dislike of it 'the're crap (matrix movies) because i dont understand them'
Quote:
Because I kept expecting the great big explanation scene, ala Architect, like it did in reloaded... *sigh*
to true to true
Old 11-11-2003, 12:45 PM   #56
gimli7410
the dumb stoner canuck

i really enjoyed revolutions. i mean there are some people who i know and they said it was okay. the one thing that dissapointed me it that there was not much of a resolution. and they cant make another movie entirely of resolution. the best part had to be when all the APUs i thnk they are called were fighting. and the graphics was pretty nuts.
"Trying is the first step to failure" Homer Simpson
"It isn't going to be easy"-jerseydevil
"only the good die young"
I AM CANADIAN

If the people lead, the leaders will follow.

Last edited by gimli7410 : 07-25-2004 at 08:59 PM.
gimli7410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2004, 04:14 AM   #57
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Quote:
Neo's some kind of God or something?
Symbolically yes. Storywise, no.
Quote:
Revered by both humans AND machines?? And that's why he has all these 'superpowers'?
Actually he has the superpowers because he's an anomally, as I understand it. The maker's equations were flawed, which made the existence of an anomally a mathematical certainty. That was revealed in Matrix 2, I think. Perhaps it was because of the oracle that the equations were flawed, or maybe because of human emotion . . . I can't remember why exactly.
Quote:
Can you say, "CHEESEY"? It could have been a much more complex story if you found out that reality was actually still part of the matrix...
My Dad was guessing that was the case too. We were a bit surprised when it wasn't.
Quote:
Speaking of which: they didn't answer whether zion was in the matrix or not (assuming not),
Not
Quote:
or where the machines came from, or how they took over, or anything!
(Looks a little quizzicle) Yeah . . . you may be right on that one. I assumed it was for the reason in Matrix 1, but I don't know anymore how much sense that makes, if things are repeating themselves over and over again. That is a bit confusing. The line between where reality ends and programing begins seems very fuzzy.
Quote:
Ggrrrrr. And what's with the useless scene with the french guy?? And how did Trinity escape from there without being shot to pieces?
I was wondering about that too. I don't really mind the movie skipping the detail, though.
If the world has indeed, as I have said, been built of sorrow, it has been built by the hands of love, because in no other way could the soul of man, for whom the world was made, reach the full stature of its perfection.

~Oscar Wilde, written from prison

Oscar Wilde's last words: "Either the wallpaper goes, or I do."

Last edited by Lief Erikson : 07-25-2004 at 04:17 AM.
Lief Erikson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2004, 04:18 AM   #58
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

I've got one question I'm sure someone here who's thought about this movie can help me with. How come the oracle allowed Smith to capture her? I believe it was part of her final plan, perhaps so that she could help Neo. I'm not positive how exactly that worked, though.
If the world has indeed, as I have said, been built of sorrow, it has been built by the hands of love, because in no other way could the soul of man, for whom the world was made, reach the full stature of its perfection.

~Oscar Wilde, written from prison

Oscar Wilde's last words: "Either the wallpaper goes, or I do."
Lief Erikson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 01:13 AM   #59
Khamûl
Slacker
Warrior Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lief Erikson
I've got one question I'm sure someone here who's thought about this movie can help me with. How come the oracle allowed Smith to capture her? I believe it was part of her final plan, perhaps so that she could help Neo. I'm not positive how exactly that worked, though.
If you would have asked me right after I saw the movie, I'm sure I would have had an answer. However, it's been at least 5 months since I've seen the movie, so I'm absolutely no help whatsoever. Sorry.

Old 07-30-2004, 01:20 AM   #60
Millane
The Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lief Erikson
Because she knew Smith, its as simple as that, she knew that with her powers, Smith would act as he did and focus entirely on what he 'saw' would happen not on what was happening... id probably have to go watch my dvd if you wanted me to continue or be more specific, and you wouldnt wanna make me do that
I, Robot is a lot better than Matrix, people should watch I, Robot instead