Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entertainment Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 05-27-2003, 01:48 AM   #41
wahine
The Original Amazonian Coconut

Demeter was the seasons in the books I've read. That's why she wanted Persephone the majority of the year something like half of spring summer and fall.

Persephone eventually consented to marriage, and even chose to spend some of the time devoted to her mother with Hades, I think. I could be wrong.
Old 05-27-2003, 02:36 AM   #42
Millane
The Dude

Quote:
One question though: What happened to Tank? Judging by the way they talk, he's dead. True, Dozer died in the first movie, but Tank survived the attack. Where is he?
yeah i just came to the conclusion that Tank died from his wounds.
Quote:
I have to say I liked the Albino Rahsifarian Ghost Twins too.
yeah i cant believe how cool they are... they have taken over pulp fiction as my background... i just love the cut throat razor as a weapon...
Quote:
And how long did it take you to figure this out? It took me all of about 15 seconds to decide that the French chick is better than Trinity.
i dunno theres something really good about trinity that i cant quite figure... she is now the 3rd best woman in the movie
1. Persephone 2. Niobe and then trinity
Old 05-27-2003, 07:27 PM   #43
IronParrot
Fowl Administrator

I assumed that Tank just died on another mission - after all, Reloaded doesn't take place immediately after The Matrix. Blink has nothing compared to Tank, who was a great supporting character.

However, the "real life" problem was that Marcus Chong, the actor who played Tank, had some severe contract problems with the Wachowskis and was pretty much booted off the franchise.
All of IronParrot's posts are guaranteed to be 100% intelligent and/or sarcastic, comprising no genetically modified content and tested on no cute furry little animals unless the SPCA is looking elsewhere. If you observe a failure to uphold this warranty, please contact a forum administrator immediately to receive a full refund on your Entmoot registration.

Blog: Nick's Café Canadien
IronParrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2003, 07:25 PM   #44
Lalaith
The Elvish Temptress

Finally I have seen Reloaded.
I don't know what to say. I was kinda disappointed. I was expecting more .... I don't know .... more plot.
In my opinion there was
90 % action and
10 % plot.

Of the 10 % plot I didn't understand more than 1 %. that was horrible. I was always like: What? I don't get it.
Then I was bored by the looooong action sequences. I mean a one minute fight is okay and nice, but 10 minutes are far too long. Everybody knows that Neo will win anyway, so why do they have him jumping around 10 minutes?
IMO, there should have been more plot and less action.
Plus ... were where these breath-taking never-been-there stunts? I didn't see them.

Okay, this message might sound as if I didn't like the movie. That's wrong. I loved all the Trinity/Neo scences and there was some other good stuff too.
I guess this is one of the movies which I only realize how good it is days after I have seen it and especially when I have seen it twice.
Old 05-28-2003, 07:27 PM   #45
Lalaith
The Elvish Temptress

Quote:
Originally posted by Millane

i dunno theres something really good about trinity that i cant quite figure... she is now the 3rd best woman in the movie
1. Persephone 2. Niobe and then trinity
IMO, Trinity is the best. Ever. Who needs Neo? No, seriously, my favourite scences were her parts and I think she did a great job.

And ah, I hate that damn bitch who kissed Neo. She will be in Revolutions again, I guess?
Old 05-28-2003, 08:08 PM   #46
The Ben
Really Smelly Orc

I wouldn't call it the best movie I've ever seen, but it certainly revolutionized the sci-fi action genre. And it's just a lot of fun to watch.

Anyone seen the Animatrix shorts? I've seen the three that are online, but I haven't caught the one in front of Dreamcatcher yet.
Old 05-28-2003, 08:09 PM   #47
IronParrot
Fowl Administrator

Hey, no fair, you copied that from my post at the beginning of this thread about the first movie!
All of IronParrot's posts are guaranteed to be 100% intelligent and/or sarcastic, comprising no genetically modified content and tested on no cute furry little animals unless the SPCA is looking elsewhere. If you observe a failure to uphold this warranty, please contact a forum administrator immediately to receive a full refund on your Entmoot registration.

Old 05-28-2003, 08:10 PM   #48
Lalaith
The Elvish Temptress

Quote:
Originally posted by The Ben
I wouldn't call it the best movie I've ever seen, but it certainly revolutionized the sci-fi action genre. And it's just a lot of fun to watch.

Anyone seen the Animatrix shorts? I've seen the three that are online, but I haven't caught the one in front of Dreamcatcher yet.
Actually there are four online. (but the third won't work on my computer)
Old 05-28-2003, 08:10 PM   #49
IronParrot
Fowl Administrator

Oh, but the third one (Detective Story) is the best of the lot...

Old 05-28-2003, 08:12 PM   #50
Lalaith
The Elvish Temptress

Quote:
Originally posted by IronParrot
Oh, but the third one (Detective Story) is the best of the lot...
damn. the computer is always saying that I don't have a needed Plug-in which is strange because the other three worked. Is Trinity aka Carrie-Anne Moss in the Detective Story?
Old 05-28-2003, 09:32 PM   #51
soadfan
Sapling

i like the first one better. the scenes were just too stretched in the second one. they kept going on and on it started to annoy me after awhile
soadfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2003, 04:50 AM   #52
Lalaith
The Elvish Temptress

Quote:
Originally posted by soadfan
i like the first one better. the scenes were just too stretched in the second one. they kept going on and on it started to annoy me after awhile
exactly
Old 05-29-2003, 02:20 PM   #53
Coney
The Buddy Rabbit

Just about to watch it now

Damned DVD took ages to be delivered :/

Beatallica
Coney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2003, 04:50 PM   #54
Lalaith
The Elvish Temptress

Quote:
Originally posted by Coney
Just about to watch it now

Damned DVD took ages to be delivered :/
You have got the Matrix DVD? Tell me all about it. I have wanted it for ages.
Is it true that there is an opition where you can choose wether to take the blue or red pill and to see what happens if you choose the "wrong" pill?
Old 05-29-2003, 05:12 PM   #55
Coney
The Buddy Rabbit

Quote:
Originally posted by Lalaith
You have got the Matrix DVD? Tell me all about it. I have wanted it for ages.
Is it true that there is an opition where you can choose wether to take the blue or red pill and to see what happens if you choose the "wrong" pill?
Erm, mines an "illegal" japanese import of reloaded Lalaith, dunno anything about the legit shop-bought ones, sorry.

ABOUT THE MOVIE: Oh Gods, what have they done?? ........... ANOTHER bog-standard action movie that tells us what is gonna happen, then invites us to sit back and watch while the good-guys do it ........I suppose it looked flashy enough but it had none of the soul of the original :/

Beatallica
Coney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2003, 05:17 PM   #56
Lalaith
The Elvish Temptress

Quote:
Originally posted by Coney
Erm, mines an "illegal" japanese import of reloaded Lalaith, dunno anything about the legit shop-bought ones, sorry.

ABOUT THE MOVIE: Oh Gods, what have they done?? ........... ANOTHER bog-standard action movie that tells us what is gonna happen, then invites us to sit back and watch while the good-guys do it ........I suppose it looked flashy enough but it had none of the soul of the original :/
oh, I thought you were talking about the first movie

The first one had definitely more plot in it. And I thought that all the actions sequences were way to long.

We do know that Neo will kill the enemies .... we know it at least after one minute .... there is no need to show 10 minutes of Neo doing all the same stunts over and over

BTW, Go Trinity Go! She rocks.
Old 05-30-2003, 06:06 PM   #57
Khamûl
Slacker
Warrior Admin

Second viewing coming tonight.

Psalm 107:31
Khamûl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2003, 07:02 AM   #58
Lalaith
The Elvish Temptress

http://www.brainkiller.it/prodigy/img/m2poster06a.jpg
Old 05-31-2003, 07:19 AM   #59
Linaewen
Fair Dinkum

Quote:
Originally posted by Lalaith

Of the 10 % plot I didn't understand more than 1 %. that was horrible. I was always like: What? I don't get it.
Then I was bored by the looooong action sequences. I mean a one minute fight is okay and nice, but 10 minutes are far too long. Everybody knows that Neo will win anyway, so why do they have him jumping around 10 minutes?
IMO, there should have been more plot and less action.
Plus ... were where these breath-taking never-been-there stunts? I didn't see them.
I LOVED the action sequences. What are you on about? I was fulling gaping when I saw them! My cousin and I were just sitting there going 'Whoa!' with our jaws dropped. I especially enjoyed the scene where the 'twin things' exploded, and the action that ensued. Now that was brilliant.

And I enjoyed the plot development as well. At the start, it was a bit slow, but as it progressed, I got really into it.

But the thing that really surprised me was all the
erotic stuff. I mean, fine, that first sex scene showed the intensity of Neo & Trinity's relationship, but really, the other stuff? Couldn't cause & effect be demonstrated in a different way than a woman having an orgasm because of a chocolate cake? Or that line 'She wasn't kissing your face'? (Persephone to French guy) Why was that necessary?
Linaewen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2003, 07:26 AM   #60
Lalaith
The Elvish Temptress

Quote:
Originally posted by Linaewen
I LOVED the action sequences. What are you on about? I was fulling gaping when I saw them! My cousin and I were just sitting there going 'Whoa!' with our jaws dropped. I especially enjoyed the scene where the 'twin things' exploded, and the action that ensued. Now that was brilliant.

And I enjoyed the plot development as well. At the start, it was a bit slow, but as it progressed, I got really into it.

But the thing that really surprised me was all the
erotic stuff. I mean, fine, that first sex scene showed the intensity of Neo & Trinity's relationship, but really, the other stuff? Couldn't cause & effect be demonstrated in a different way than a woman having an orgasm because of a chocolate cake? Or that line 'She wasn't kissing your face'? (Persephone to French guy) Why was that necessary?
I mean the action sequences were not bad. Just too long. After one minute I was bored and thought: Okay, I got the clue ... now go on. (except the Trinity scenes)

So I am the only one who didn't get the pot?
Now what was about Zion in the end.
Was it destroyed?

I loved the
erotic stuff between Neo and Trinity

But I really hate that
Persephone-bitch. She should keep her dirty fingers away from Neo. He is all Trinitys.

BTW, I don't remember that scene you are talking about. What was happening there, and when?