Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-21-2002, 11:39 PM   #41
Eruviel Greenleaf
Alcoholic Villain-Fancying Elf Pirate

I'm not sure why I stopped walking off things...I never really hurt myself or anything. . .maybe I could actually fly!

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found only a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse is superior to the world."
-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Eruviel Greenleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2002, 01:09 AM   #42
Rána Eressëa
The Rogue Elf

I believed I had multiple personalities when I was nine. I became New Anchor Christina when I braided my hair, Agent Sarah when I put on my glasses, Reporter Stephanie when my hair was down naturally, Assassin P.J. when I put my hair up in a single ponytail, and School Teacher Ms. Banister when I wore the blue outfit. I think that was about it . . .
Rána Eressëa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2002, 01:12 AM   #43
Arathorn
Bard of Mangled Songs

I used to climb trees in the wooded area behind the old house wearing only my underwear when I was 5 and howl like Tarzan. (Re-runs of the black&white Johnny Weismuller versions were popular then)

My dad also bought a new wallet so I can use his old one as my "Starship Enterprise Communicator" when I was young.

Accio, Ash Nazg!

Elennuru s?*la lúmenn' omentielvo (The Death Star shines on the hour of our meeting) - Darth Arathorn

Put aside the ranger...
Start looking for Mumakil action figures...

Last edited by Arathorn : 04-22-2002 at 01:13 AM.
Arathorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2002, 01:17 AM   #44
Rána Eressëa
The Rogue Elf

I used one of those Electronic "Dear Diary" things as my Secret Agent Database and portable phone.
Rána Eressëa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2002, 01:25 AM   #45
Arathorn
Bard of Mangled Songs

My parents also say that they knew I was going to be a techie when they bought me my first mini-bike (I was 2 or 3 yrs old) and all I ever wanted to do with it then was to turn it upside-down and marvel at how the wheel and chains spin when I turn the pedals with my hands.

Accio, Ash Nazg!

Elennuru s?*la lúmenn' omentielvo (The Death Star shines on the hour of our meeting) - Darth Arathorn

Put aside the ranger...
Start looking for Mumakil action figures...
Arathorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2002, 09:42 AM   #46
Cirdan
Elf Lord of the Grey Havens

When I was two I skipped off to the beach and down to a playgroud I liked. They searched for me for hours. They should have realized what they were in for at that point.
There exists a limit to the force even ther most powerful may apply without destroying themselves. Judging this limit is the true artistry of government. Misuse of power is the fatal sin. The law cannot be a tool of vengance, never a hostage, nor a fortification against the martyrs it has created. You cannot threaten any individual and escape the consequences.

-Muad'dib on Law
The Stilgar Commentary
Cirdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2002, 01:33 PM   #47
crickhollow
The Buckleberry Fairy/Captain

Quote:
Originally posted by Arathorn
My parents also say that they knew I was going to be a techie when they bought me my first mini-bike (I was 2 or 3 yrs old) and all I ever wanted to do with it then was to turn it upside-down and marvel at how the wheel and chains spin when I turn the pedals with my hands.
I turned my tricycle upside down, and turned the pedals with my hands, too. I prentended it was an ice-cream maker.
crickhollow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2002, 04:37 PM   #48
Jadera
Elven Warrior

I did that with my bike too. Then I gave it to my Nana to ride and she crashed into my dad's van.

At one point I thought I was Pollyanna. I tried to climb out of my crib/playpen thing and was on the edge when I fell and hit the floor. I wasn't paralyzed, thankfully, but it did hurt! Took the role playing a little too far....owies.

~Chivalry isn't dead, it just transferred to women~
Jadera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2002, 04:53 PM   #49
elf_princess
Elven Warrior

My sister and I used to always put our sleeping bags on over our heads backwards (so our heads were where your feet go). We would then crawl around and pretend we were worms. It was a lot of fun! Mom banned this game after a while though when I fell down the stairs and cracked my head off the floor. We always played when she left though...
elf_princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2002, 05:26 PM   #50
BeardofPants
the Shrike

When I was little, I had an argument with my parents that really pissed me off... So, I decided to run away. I had only one small suitcase, and it was used for my lego blocks, so I packed that (with all my lego... of course!), a towel, and left for the wild blue yonder. Of course, since I wasn't allowed to cross the street....
Old 04-22-2002, 05:38 PM   #51
olsonm
Elf Lord

When I was little I bit into a tomato thinking it was an apple. I've hated tomatos ever since.
Old 04-22-2002, 07:08 PM   #52
Michelle The Fair
Enting

When I was little,After seeing Snow White , I would not eat red apples. I thought i would fall asleep and not wake up. Never figured in the "true love's first kiss" thing. stil don't eat red apples. maye that is why i am still single.

"PIPPIN LIVES in MY HEART!!!!!!!'
Michelle The Fair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2002, 07:35 PM   #53
galadriel88
Halfwitted Queen of Lothlorien

I tried to run away once too, BoP. I had the whole thing planned out and everything - I was going to go to the hotel really near my house and ask if they would let me stay in a room without paying. Of course, silly me didn't know you weren't supposed to tell your parents about it so I told my mom when she tucked me in that night. She told me that there were bad people who liked to do bad things to little girls at night. I got scared and decided to abandon my plan...

+Every good thing that comes into my life is only a reflection of the greatest gift of all; the offering of yourself, dear Son of God+

Always remember, you're uniqe, just like everybody else!

"The one constant through all the years has been the Trombone. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. Its been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again, but the Trombone has marked the time. This field, this section, this band is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and could be again. Oh, people will come . . . people will most definitely come."
galadriel88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2002, 10:18 PM   #54
Jadera
Elven Warrior

Yup yup, I ran away too. (I think all kids do at one point or another. I think it's genetic.) They found me two hours later under the kitchen table, with all my stuffed animals. Had to have company, you know.

~Chivalry isn't dead, it just transferred to women~
Jadera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2002, 11:29 PM   #55
samwise of the shire
Radically Tolkienited

Location: If home is where the heart is, and my heart is in heaven...that should answer your question. <+><
Quote:
I turned my tricycle upside down, and turned the pedals with my hands, too. I prentended it was an ice-cream maker.
THAT'S what Idid. I had this little trike and I would put it upside down put some dirt and salt in it and I had ICE CREAM! Of course my Mom was always there to makes sure I didn't taste it.
I used to think I was Wendy off of Peter Pan and I almost did a belly flop off of the couch. And then when I used to go to this Christian day care I would find this teen guy who would play Peter Pan with us little ones. I was Wendy. I also had this little goblin I called Rover who I got when I had a nightmare induced by "Legend". I found him in my pantry.
I used to look up to the clouds and pretend I saw Jesus looking down at me from the clouds because that's where I thought Heaven was. I would talk to him and stuff. Still do.
And strangers were ABSOLUTLY TABOO with my friend and I. I mean we would TALK point to people we didn't know and remind each other that THAT was a stranger. And the harpists in the first Fantasia were going to take care of the snakes.
Sam
I didn't eat pickles till I was seven or eight because my big brother convinced me it was healthy to drink a WHOLE bottle of pickle juice. UUUGGGGGHHH. :P
~J.R.R Tolkien
Radically Saved, Totally Tolkienited
GOD...
BLESS...
AMERICA...

Last edited by samwise of the shire : 04-22-2002 at 11:31 PM.
samwise of the shire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2002, 11:34 PM   #56
Cirdan

My brother convinced me that peppercorns were chocolate.... THE HUMANITY!!!!
There exists a limit to the force even ther most powerful may apply without destroying themselves. Judging this limit is the true artistry of government. Misuse of power is the fatal sin. The law cannot be a tool of vengance, never a hostage, nor a fortification against the martyrs it has created. You cannot threaten any individual and escape the consequences.

-Muad'dib on Law
The Stilgar Commentary
Old 04-22-2002, 11:43 PM   #57
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Quote:
Originally posted by Cirdan
My brother convinced me that peppercorns were chocolate.... THE HUMANITY!!!!
Yeah, now that you mention it, I *did* manage to convince my little brother that the really, really, really small chilli's growing in our garden were jelly beans....
Old 04-22-2002, 11:50 PM   #58
Cirdan

Quote:
Originally posted by BeardofPants

Yeah, now that you mention it, I *did* manage to convince my little brother that the really, really, really small chilli's growing in our garden were jelly beans....
I remember a "friend" family; the older brother combined the two by filling a hollowed bonbon with hot sauce and giving it to his little brother.

-Muad'dib on Law
The Stilgar Commentary
Old 04-23-2002, 07:50 AM   #59
elf_princess
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by BeardofPants
My brother did this to me! Well not exactly... he convinced me that our puppy's treats were also made for humans to eat. So I ate one of those Beggin' Strips. NASTY! yuck yuck... don't ever try it... no matter how convincing your brother may be!

¿Which came first... the chicken or the egg?

¿How much wood could a woodchuck chuck, if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
elf_princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2002, 09:16 AM   #60
Elfmaster XK
Possessive Villain Fancier

I once thought that a bar of soap was a bar of fudga and tried to eat that! Eugh! Bubbly...my mum and dad never had to 'wash my mouth out with soap and water' as i did it for them!!!

I also used to eat paper...*used to? Yes, Don't tell them the secret!! *

I USED ti eat paper!

I also ran away, to the pet shop in the village. When i got hungry my friends in the chippy next door gave me free chips...and phoned my parents... ...my plan was going so well too.

My soul is painted like the wings of butterflies,
Fairytales of yesterday will grow but never die,
I can fly - my friends.

XK
Elfmaster XK is offline   Reply With Quote