Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-02-2007, 12:19 AM   #41
katya
Elven Maiden

Thanks RĂ*an! Time does fly! I can't believe it's been a whole year (today) since the graduation day fiasco of last year.. or that I've been back in the states for almost as long as I was gone! (I came back early July..)

I suppose I should take this opportunity to say I'm really glad I went and, the big cliche, it was a wonderful experience. I would highly recommend that everyone try it- if not for a whole year then maybe a semester or a month or a couple weeks. Being a student, going to school, living with a host family- it's a whole lot different than just being a tourist.

For that matter, I encourage exploration of the world in all the other dimensions too- looking into the past, looking at the variety of social classes, etc. The more you learn and explore the more connected you feel with reality and the world, imho.
katya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 10:45 AM   #42
Mari
Elf Lady

Thank for sharing your experiences.
I'm getting more and more nervous about all the things I will have to leave behind and the things I have to wrap up, but I still have 5 more months, so I will just enjoy it. But I really should stop buying stuff >_<
I can't take it all home with me!!!

...The Earth laughs in flowers ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson, "Hamatreya"...
Mari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 12:22 PM   #43
katya
Elven Maiden

I know! I had sooo much stuff! When I left America I had two large suitcases except the small one was inside the big one, which was empty, and one large carry on bag. By the time I left I had both suitcases full, and sent three large cardboard boxes in the mail. And I still thought I wanted to buy more things. ^_^;

Anyway, 5 months is still quite a long time, so just enjoy it. One of the things that really makes going home easier is knowing that you took advantage of every opportunity while you were there. You don't want to come home thinking "I wish I would've __" or "I should've ___ while I had the chance." Don't worry about going home too much.
katya is offline   Reply With Quote