FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-22-2005, 10:04 PM   #41
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by me9996
Shouldn't this to in the "Slim" forum?
No. This is the correct forum. This work is not part of the Silmarillion. This work is found in the Histories of Middle-earth series, volume 12, The People of Middle-earth.

"North away." he said: "to the swords, and the siege, and the walls of defence - that yet for a while in Beleriand rivers may run clean, leaves spring, and birds build their nests, ere Night comes."

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide
Sister Golden Hair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 10:21 PM   #42
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by me+numbers
...the "Slim" forum...
Altho it is rather "Slim" (only about 35 pages or so, including appendicies)

SGH, the Shibboleth is callllling you....

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Rían is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 10:32 PM   #43
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RÃ*an

SGH, the Shibboleth is callllling you....
I know. I was sitting here and I heard an erie voice coming from the bookshelf above the computer. I think it was Feanor! Scarey

"North away." he said: "to the swords, and the siege, and the walls of defence - that yet for a while in Beleriand rivers may run clean, leaves spring, and birds build their nests, ere Night comes."

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide
Sister Golden Hair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 10:42 PM   #44
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

(keep an eye out for ships and smoke!! )

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Old 04-04-2005, 05:59 PM   #45
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

i haven't been in here before for one reason, i have never read the shibboleth, but i like to read threads on topics i am alien to due to my thirst for knowledge, so reading through i come to this little jewel:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElemmÃ*rë
Should everyone who speaks English switch back to "thou" and "thee" because it's the more accurate way of using the singular form? (I'm sure Chrys wouldn't mind.
that is a hard question, but in preferring much the usage of the elder form of the english mode do i take delight, it is much to the knowledge of many that this is a habit of mine and thou'st should take heed that should the premiership and governance pass to me, then shalt this be the mode? that it shall!
Thou shalt take heed! The Chrys hath spoken!
Last Child of Ungoliant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 08:09 PM   #46
Rían

My favorite version of the Bible is the New American Standard version, which uses "thou" and "thee" in the language of prayer and in the Psalms. I like the usage of "thou" and "thee", and as I said before, I don't change them when I read the old fairy tales to my kids. They're totally used to it now,along with words like "canst" and "doest" and suchlike.

Last edited by Rían : 04-06-2005 at 08:10 PM.
Old 06-29-2005, 09:29 PM   #47
Rían

*bump for BB*