Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 02-20-2005, 11:03 AM   #41
Twista
Orodruin's Flame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Child of Ungoliant
i dopnt really mind who i am, mite need a bit of guidance, tho!!!
Well if your going to be Mr Blair, maybe I'll be Jack McConnell, the First Minister of Scotland ( Yes a valid position before anyone objects! ).

Visit the Ye Olde Avatar Shop and The New One

Dont tell me what I cannot do

Two men are on a Island, they both see a "monster", one sees a bright light, and the other sees a dark cloud

My name bares no reference to the music artist.
Twista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 11:08 AM   #42
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

People that are participating in the game are not necessarily being Tony Blair, Goerge Bush, Shroader, Putin, or whoever, you are just portraying the role in the game as the leader of your country and handling the situation in accordance to your government's policies, and the way they would handle it in real life.

Everything will be clearer after you watch the video.

"North away." he said: "to the swords, and the siege, and the walls of defence - that yet for a while in Beleriand rivers may run clean, leaves spring, and birds build their nests, ere Night comes."

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide
Sister Golden Hair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 11:11 AM   #43
Twista
Orodruin's Flame

Yes I understood that, Scotland has its own Parliement, and hence forth its views are important to the politics of Britain.

Two men are on a Island, they both see a "monster", one sees a bright light, and the other sees a dark cloud

Old 02-20-2005, 11:17 AM   #44
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twista
Yes I understood that, Scotland has its own Parliement, and hence forth its views are important to the politics of Britain.
Oh, I wasn't posting that just for you Twista. It was a general (you). I just wanted everyone to know that they don't have to be the current leaders or like them. They can make choices that the real leader might not make, but it just has to stay in line with that countries politics and policies. I meant to post it earlir, but never got around to it.

JD will add you to the list as the PM of Scotland.

"North away." he said: "to the swords, and the siege, and the walls of defence - that yet for a while in Beleriand rivers may run clean, leaves spring, and birds build their nests, ere Night comes."

Travel and Tourism Guide
Old 02-20-2005, 11:19 AM   #45
Twista
Orodruin's Flame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Golden Hair
FM - First Minister. lol.

Hes like a working class PM...

Old 02-20-2005, 11:22 AM   #46
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

Quote:
Well if your going to be Mr Blair, maybe I'll be Jack McConnell, the First Minister of Scotland ( Yes a valid position before anyone objects! ).
is he the one with the thin wire-framed glasses?
Last Child of Ungoliant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 11:22 AM   #47
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Quote:
FM - First Minister. lol.

Hes like a working class PM...
I'm sure JD will never let me hear the end of that one.

Speaking of FM's, it would be cool if Fat Middle would be the leader of Spain.

Travel and Tourism Guide
Old 02-20-2005, 11:27 AM   #48
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

Quote:
Oh, I wasn't posting that just for you Twista. It was a general (you). I just wanted everyone to know that they don't have to be the current leaders or like them. They can make choices that the real leader might not make, but it just has to stay in line with that countries politics and policies. I meant to post it earlir, but never got around to it.

does this mean i can portray my 'character' as a real labour PM would act, not this descendant of Thatcher that we have now?
Old 02-20-2005, 11:31 AM   #49
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Quote:
does this mean i can portray my 'character' as a real labour PM would act, not this descendant of Thatcher that we have now?
You better ask JD that, but as long as it is a realistic possibility for England to have such a leader, then I would say yes. You're not Tony Blair, you are the leader of your country.

Travel and Tourism Guide
Old 02-20-2005, 11:34 AM   #50
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

Quote:
You better ask JD that, but as long as it is a realistic possibility for England to have such a leader, then I would say yes. You're not Tony Blair, you are the leader of your country.
hmm, we have had at least 2 PM's that I can think of true to the ideals of the Labour Party, Attlee being one of them, so it is feasible for there to be another, technically
Old 02-20-2005, 12:43 PM   #51
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Interesting. Well if we're making up new characters based on what is realistically possible, I'll do the same for Canada.

I'd rather do that than pretend to be Paul Martin. I wouldn't represent his ideals and vision for Canada as much as I could with a made up yet realistic PM.

Let's see... I think I'll be the leader of the Liberal Party. This party, despite some serious objection from Western Canada, has the most nationwide support. (Hence, they won the last 3 elections.) The support for the Conservatives seems to have actually declined in Eastern Canada, though it grew in the west. Support for the NDP (it does exist in some Maritime provinces) and alas, the Green party, are almost non-existant. Support for the Parti Québecois does not extend outside Québec, and in Québec there's a healthy contingent of Liberal supporters.

That's the political climate in Canada, more or less, so it makes sense that PM "Nurvingiel" would be in the Liberal party (and hoping to put this dreadful Sponsorship Scandal behind her, since in the "previous" election it resulted in a minority government for the Liberals).

Are we saying that we follow whoever the current leader of our countries is, or we "replace" them with our characters?

Now I just need a good real person name and background. I think I'll be from BC since I couldn't do any other province justice, if our backgrounds ever become relevant.
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Nurvingiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 02:10 PM   #52
jerseydevil
I am Freddie/UNDERCOVER/ Founder of The Great Continent of Entmoot

Quote:
No - you have to portray the leaders of your country as they stand now - not as you wish they were. It is one of the things that Madeline Albright had to do in the game - represent the Bush adminstration policy's. In the game she even brought up "why should we help you when you didn't want to help us with Iraq".

So Nurv and LC - no you can not just be who you wish - they must represent the POLICY'S of the existing government (adminsitration for the US).

Also- I have a slight problem with the FM of Scotland being included. Then we would have to include people who wished to be governors of the states. The FM would only be a minor character - just like the governors of the states would have to be. I might allow it - but he's not going to have a global role - just like he doesn't have a gloabal role now.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

Memorial to the Twin Towers
New Jersey Map
Fellowship of the Messageboard
Legend of the Jersey Devil
Support New Jersey's Liberty Tower
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Last edited by jerseydevil : 02-20-2005 at 02:12 PM.
jerseydevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 02:14 PM   #53
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Aw nuts. Well, that would have been fun.

At least this way I'll learn a lot more about our Prime Minister (who has actually been the Prime Minister for more than a year).
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Old 02-20-2005, 02:28 PM   #54
jerseydevil

When I post the Nightline show of the war game (it'll be in two 20 minutes parts) I would like EVERYONE who is participating in the game to watch that (basically that's just a nice way of saying IT'S A REQUIREMENT). I will be converting the show to a real player video. This will give everyone an understanding of EXACTLY what a war game is like and especially this one. People seem to not fully understand at this point what it's like.

Also - I'm unsure if Jonathan should be a journalist if he doesn't have much time. Basically the journalist is the one that is the "game master" and sets up the scenarios and throws the wrenches into the planning. PM of Sweden is less of a consuming job than the journalist role.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 02-20-2005, 07:58 PM   #55
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Okay, I'll watch JD. What kind of world leaders would we be if we didn't keep up with important world affairs like the outbreak of smallpox?

Does anyone want to be China's president Hu Jintao? I think China would be a very important player in this game.

However, I've never played a war game before and I'm not quite sure how it works. Maybe you should explain before we start JD.
EDIT: We'll get it just from watching the Nightline broadcasts?
Quote:
Old 02-20-2005, 08:13 PM   #56
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

ok, so i wont be che guevara then

i'll jus act as if blair would!
Old 02-20-2005, 08:20 PM   #57
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Blair as Che Guevara? Is that at all realistic? I'm afraid your personal hero won't have much of a part to play in this game. Not that I'm the details nazi plaguing RPGs...
Quote:
Old 02-20-2005, 11:53 PM   #58
jerseydevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurvingiel
However, I've never played a war game before and I'm not quite sure how it works. Maybe you should explain before we start JD.
EDIT: We'll get it just from watching the Nightline broadcasts?
The Nightline brodcasts which will be up tonight will give you an idea. it won't explain everything - but it will be much easier for everyone to watch it and then we will all be on the smae page. Right now it's very difficult for me to explain it because everyone seems to have a different idea in their head.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 02-21-2005, 06:02 AM   #59
Jonathan
Entmoot Attorney-General,
Equilibrating the Scales of Justice, Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseydevil
Also - I'm unsure if Jonathan should be a journalist if he doesn't have much time. Basically the journalist is the one that is the "game master" and sets up the scenarios and throws the wrenches into the planning. PM of Sweden is less of a consuming job than the journalist role.
On second thought, I'll let someone else be be the journalist. If SGH is moderating this thread, wouldn't she be a good journalist/game master?
An unwritten post is a delightful universe of infinite possibilities. Set down one word, however, and it immediately becomes earthbound. Set down one sentence and it’s halfway to being just like every other bloody entry that’s ever been written.
Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 10:39 AM   #60
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan
On second thought, I'll let someone else be be the journalist. If SGH is moderating this thread, wouldn't she be a good journalist/game master?
I just wouldn't be that good at making up the wrenches that the journalist will have to do. The journalist is the most important person almost in the game. I would rather someone else do it that's good at that kind of thing.

Does this mean you are going to be the Swedish PM Jonathan?

Travel and Tourism Guide