Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-31-2002, 04:37 PM   #41
markedel
'Sober' Mullet Frosh

Plus LOTR endorses eating meat! Nolbe Gondorians do it. The Rohirrim do it. Dwarves do it, elves do it, even Valar do it!
Old 03-31-2002, 04:45 PM   #42
Darth Tater
The man

I'd like to take a bite out of Eowyn! Mmm, Ottoey!
Darth Tater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2002, 05:40 PM   #43
Eruviel Greenleaf
Alcoholic Villain-Fancying Elf Pirate

Quote:
Originally posted by markedel
Without meat one would die at passover.
I'm doing just fine so far. . .

. . .but I eat fish, that helps! After Passover is over I don't think I'll ever be able to look at Gefilte fish again. . .

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found only a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse is superior to the world."
-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Eruviel Greenleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2002, 07:06 PM   #44
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Quote:
Originally posted by Anduril
"I eat flesh," said Anduril.
As opposed to dead flesh? Hmmm.... eating live animals isn't kosher, you know. (Note the smiley)
Old 03-31-2002, 07:08 PM   #45
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Quote:
Originally posted by Feraway Hawkbriar
I would just like to state that the reason why a virus was released on the rabbits of NZ was because they are a non-native species whom were makeing for more and more competition on the NATIVE wildlife.
Actually no, that may have been the intention, but the department of conservation decided not to (because they didn't know what effects the virus would have on other native wildlife), and the farmers stole the virus and released it anyway for their own commercial gains.

Last edited by BeardofPants : 03-31-2002 at 08:50 PM.
BeardofPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2002, 08:34 PM   #46
FrodoFriend
Halfwitted

You meat-eaters talk just like my dad. "Mmm, dead animal flesh . . . sweet, succulent, cute baby sheep . . . " And so on. I get teased a lot. Oh, well, at least there are other vegetarian sympathizers!! Stay strong, veggies!!!!

The Crossroads of Arda - Warning. Halfwit content. Not appropriate for people with IQ of over 18.

The Fellowship of the Message Board

Nyáréonié - The Tale of Tears
FrodoFriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2002, 09:34 PM   #47
Darth Tater
The man

"Mary had a little lamb, she ate it with mint jelly, and everywhere that Mary went the lamb went in her belly."
Old 03-31-2002, 09:36 PM   #48
Arathorn
Bard of Mangled Songs

Nice to see you back FF. Where'd ya been?

Anyway, I like trying new things. I also eat balut, a filipino delicacy of boiled duck embryos which is best eaten with a pinch of salt (high in protein).

There's also jumping shrimp which is served live. You take off the exoskeleton and pop 'em in your mouth. A friend of mine ordered live scorpions once in a chinese restaurant but I guess I'll have to try that some other time.

Accio, Ash Nazg!

Elennuru s?*la lúmenn' omentielvo (The Death Star shines on the hour of our meeting) - Darth Arathorn

Put aside the ranger...
Start looking for Mumakil action figures...
Arathorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2002, 09:36 PM   #49
FrodoFriend
Halfwitted

Ew, mint jelly? Yuck!

The Crossroads of Arda - Warning. Halfwit content. Not appropriate for people with IQ of over 18.

Old 03-31-2002, 09:42 PM   #50
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Quote:
Originally posted by Darth Tater
"Mary had a little lamb, she ate it with mint jelly, and everywhere that Mary went the lamb went in her belly."
That's it! I'm going to start talking about lightly sautee'd baby potatoes, and roast potatoes, and baked potatoes....
Old 03-31-2002, 09:46 PM   #51
FrodoFriend
Halfwitted

Quote:

That's it! I'm going to start talking about lightly sautee'd baby potatoes, and roast potatoes, and baked potatoes....
Somehow, BoP, I doubt that's going to gross out the carnivores! Or make them pity vegetables . . .

Old 03-31-2002, 10:07 PM   #52
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Quote:

Somehow, BoP, I doubt that's going to gross out the carnivores! Or make them pity vegetables . . .
No, but it might threaten Darth Tater...
Old 03-31-2002, 10:17 PM   #53
Darth Tater
The man

*Tater takes all the little potatos up in his arms, flings the door open, and throws them out into the lawn*

Run away little spuds, be free! Booooorn Freeeeeeeeeee, as freeee as the wiiiiiiiiiind blooooooooooows....
Old 03-31-2002, 10:26 PM   #54
mirrille
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Anyway, I like trying new things. I also eat balut, a filipino delicacy of boiled duck embryos which is best eaten with a pinch of salt (high in protein).
There's also jumping shrimp which is served live. You take off the exoskeleton and pop 'em in your mouth. A friend of mine ordered live scorpions once in a chinese restaurant but I guess I'll have to try that some other time.
Duck embryos. Interesting. There aren't that many filipino restaurants around here. Which is odd because there are quite a few filipinos here. I only know of one and I've never been there.
When I went to China, they had those street stalls where you can get just about any kind of food. Scorpions too, but not live. Live scorpions? That's just nuts. I didn't try them though, because they cost 2x as much as everything else and there was already so much to try. Cocoons and grasshoppers and things like that. And some less scary things like fish balls. And fried ice cream. That was interesting.
mirrille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2002, 10:44 PM   #55
Arathorn
Bard of Mangled Songs

Quote:

Duck embryos. Interesting. There aren't that many filipino restaurants around here. Which is odd because there are quite a few filipinos here. I only know of one and I've never been there.
When I went to China, they had those street stalls where you can get just about any kind of food. Scorpions too, but not live. Live scorpions? That's just nuts. I didn't try them though, because they cost 2x as much as everything else and there was already so much to try. Cocoons and grasshoppers and things like that. And some less scary things like fish balls. And fried ice cream. That was interesting.
Fish balls you can find everywhere on the streets of Manila. For those who want to know, they're just fish meat mixed with flour and made into marble-sized balls and fried. They are eaten on sticks and served with your choice of sweet sauce, hot sauce, vinegar, or any combination.

Regarding the live scorpions, I think they are served in some form of whisky to disorients them and picked up by the tail using chopsticks. You bite the stinger off first and proceed any which way you want afterwards.

Accio, Ash Nazg!

Elennuru s?*la lúmenn' omentielvo (The Death Star shines on the hour of our meeting) - Darth Arathorn

Put aside the ranger...
Old 04-01-2002, 12:36 AM   #56
Eruviel Greenleaf

Fish balls sound really good. . .I like fish. Just not gefilte fish. . . I'm turning into Gollum...fisshessssss

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found only a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse is superior to the world."
-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Old 04-01-2002, 12:43 AM   #57
mirrille
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Regarding the live scorpions, I think they are served in some form of whisky to disorients them and picked up by the tail using chopsticks. You bite the stinger off first and proceed any which way you want afterwards.
I still think that's crazy. I'm generally not a squeamish eater, but I draw the line at food that is still alive and moving. Especially if it's got a stinger.
mirrille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2002, 01:02 AM   #58
Arathorn
Bard of Mangled Songs

How 'bout the aussies here, any info on vegemite?

Accio, Ash Nazg!

Put aside the ranger...
Old 04-01-2002, 01:04 AM   #59
Eruviel Greenleaf

Quote:
Originally posted by darth tater
I still think that's crazy. I'm generally not a squeamish eater, but I draw the line at food that is still alive and moving. Especially if it's got a stinger.
I'm with you on that one. . .

-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Old 04-01-2002, 01:26 AM   #60
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Quote:
How 'bout the aussies here, any info on vegemite?
Marmite is BETTER.