Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-28-2004, 12:53 PM   #41
brownjenkins
Advocatus Diaboli

i went to lunch today at d'angelo's... a sub shop franchise... their big thing these days is lobster rolls and all the people behind the counter, mostly teenage kids and this one older guy, had to wear these 'lobster hats'... it wasn't just a baseball cap with a patch, or with two stuffed claws on it like you see sometimes... it was an entire stuffed fabric lobster somehow fashioned in a way to stay on your head with claws and feelers that hung down over everyone's face... it was the silliest thing i've ever seen and i had a really hard time keeping a straight face when i was placing my order

needless to say, none of them were smiling much
Old 09-28-2004, 06:42 PM   #42
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfmaster XK
Yeah. Me too. I reckon I could fill this thread, but most of them happen on nights out
LOL, I see I have trained you well, my young padawan.
Old 09-28-2004, 08:55 PM   #43
Elanor's Angel
Elf Lord

Location: Hiding under my bed reading LOTR at 1:43am, Middle earth (Seattle WA)
o.O

lol! Today science was moved to another building (just for the day) and I had never been to even that building, so I was late to class and said panting "Sorry I'm late, I went to the other calss before realizing sci. was moved and then I got lost!" the hole class burs out laughing. it took me a minute to figure out how totally dumb that sounded. ( I really got lost too, I had to ask for directions and evrything.)

Vote Trolls' Bane/Elanor's Angel 2008!!!
Elanor's Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 02:43 PM   #44
EarthBound
Lady Tipple & Queen of Blessed Thistle

Cow drool

So there I was, representive for the Federal Government, clipboard in hand, hair styled smartly, standing in a dairy barn discussing import matters with the farmer/dairyman when suddenly in the middle of what I thought was a brillant and well spoken speach I feel a huge wet tongue (think dinasour size) lift and slurp up my neck then I felt my long beautiful strawberry blonde hair get slurped into the huge mouth of a dairy cow!!!!! All composure lost (later I thought it was funny) the farmer didn't even change expressions or smile, he simply noted, "Yes, these cows of mine are lickers, won't bite you, but will lick you slick." Cow licking, I've discovered the next sport for the extremely bored and deranged. This just happened this summer!

Happy to be here

The HACBR has been alerted to my postings…..Hobbits Against Constant Beer References

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. --Ben Franklin

I want my Mooter T-Shirt!

Last edited by EarthBound : 09-29-2004 at 02:44 PM.
EarthBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 03:07 PM   #45
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

LOL! Get out of that field EB. Next thing you know, it will be bull horns.

"North away." he said: "to the swords, and the siege, and the walls of defence - that yet for a while in Beleriand rivers may run clean, leaves spring, and birds build their nests, ere Night comes."

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide
Sister Golden Hair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 04:15 PM   #46
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Oh, I've been there, Earthbound.

*remembers trying to do a homework assignment once, and getting licked on the legs by a buncha nosey neighbours cows*
Old 09-29-2004, 06:50 PM   #47
Elanor's Angel
Elf Lord

Gross! (but it was ever grosser when my cousin filled his mouth with water and had the dog drink out of it!)

Old 09-29-2004, 07:09 PM   #48
katya
Elven Maiden

I might've mentioned this sometime before, but...

One time I was in Family Video with some friends, and I decided to rent the animated LotR. Well, I went right ahead to the rental counter, and out the door. Well, my friends were still in the store taking a long time, and the car was locked. So I went back in the store. With the movie. Well, in the end, I tried getting past the counter with no tedious questions. So, I ran. I ran, right through the sensor. So not only did I take the movie out the door, setting off the alarm, I ran out the door. In front of my friends, at that. Luckily the guy recognized me, so I wasn't in trouble.
katya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 07:12 PM   #49
Elanor's Angel
Elf Lord

(I'v done that before. )

Old 09-30-2004, 12:55 AM   #50
Thain Peregrin Took I
Thain of Randomness

When we lived in Colorado, our house came with a built-in toaster, and it wouldn't just pop your toast up when it was done, you would have to open a door thingy and take out the toast. So, one time, I was making some toast for breakfast, and since I was so used to the toast automatically popping up, I went to go watch T.V. After about 5-10 minutes smoke started coming from the toaster, and my sister said "What's cooking?" I suddenly remembered my toast and ran into the kitchen. I opened the toaster and lots of smoke came out, because my toast was on fire. My mom had to take it out with tongs., stick it in the sink, and put water on it to put out the fire. We had to open all the windows so the house wouldn't smell like smoke. For the rest of the time we lived there, I would always sit on the counter whenever I made toast.

Monk: I'm 100% sure that she probably killed him.
Stottlemeyer: What does that mean?
Monk: 95%...

I feel like Pepé Le Pew when he look up "pew" in the dictionary. *French accent* Le pew? Moi? Noo. -Shawn Spencer

*British accent* It's a bobble head Bobbie! *head bob* -Special Agen Seely Booth
Thain Peregrin Took I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 10:49 AM   #51
trolls' bane
Entmoot Secretary of the Treasury

That happened the other day. I put a pizza in the toaster oven for ten minutes, but left it in for two hours. It was several inches smaller, and shrivelled up.
Old 09-30-2004, 11:04 AM   #52
EarthBound

hmmmm....burnt plastic, such sweet smells...

I sooo very carefully placed a kettle of water on the back burner (after filling it with water from our plastic filter-jug). I placed the plastic jug on the front burner then very very carefully turned on the back burner . . . or so I thought. About 20 minuters later I check on the kettle but it's as cold as ever . . . the plastic jug, of course, has collapsed into a swirl of toxic clear plastic which adhered itself "forever" to the burner. One of my more brillant moments. sigh......

Happy to be here

The HACBR has been alerted to my postings…..Hobbits Against Constant Beer References

Old 09-30-2004, 11:45 AM   #53
Draken
Elf Lord

Hi EarthBound, I used to be a government scientist too! Though being a physicist it didn't involve cows. Quite a few explosions though. And we did once lose a bomb in Wales. Yikes I'd forgotten that, that WAS embarrassing...

....or am I?
Draken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 12:34 PM   #54
EarthBound

Rocket Power

Draken, I use to teach physics as a high school teacher a few years ago. For a demonstration we built solid fuel rockets and took them out to the desert to fire off. One particular kid could not do anything right. He was a favorite of mine. His rocket was more glue, tape, and brocken pieces of plastic than actual "rocket". We were a bit nervous firing it off but he was excited to try. Well . . . it flew straight up . .....about 50 ft., jetsoned a fin or two, then shot "like a rocket" (hehe) into the nearby sage, that had recently been dryed out to a ripe tinder dryness. The rocket disappears into the brush spitting flame, soon the brush is on fire, so the rest of the class and myself are stomping out the flames, screaming, sweating panic . . . it was hilarous. Can't remember if we really learned anything that day . . . lol

btw - the US is trying to locate 1 of the 11 !!!!! broken-arrows (a lost or misplaced nuclear bomb). Grief....

Happy to be here

Old 09-30-2004, 02:05 PM   #55
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

I once left an iron on for two weeks before noticing.

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
Insidious Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 02:07 PM   #56
sun-star
Lady of Letters

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthBound
I sooo very carefully placed a kettle of water on the back burner (after filling it with water from our plastic filter-jug). I placed the plastic jug on the front burner then very very carefully turned on the back burner . . . or so I thought. About 20 minuters later I check on the kettle but it's as cold as ever . . . the plastic jug, of course, has collapsed into a swirl of toxic clear plastic which adhered itself "forever" to the burner. One of my more brillant moments. sigh......
I did something similar, except I was in the middle of my Food Tech class at the time... I tried to cook a jacket potato in a plastic bowl and not only did the bowl melt, it stuck to the potato. Which did not get eaten, by the way.

I'm not a good cook
For centuries to come, when not a soul
Is left to picnic on the blazing rocks,
When England is not England, when mankind
Has blown himself to pieces. Still the sea,
Consolingly disastrous, will return
While the strange starfish, hugely magnified,
Waits in the jewelled basin of a pool.
sun-star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 07:27 PM   #57
Meriadoc Brandybuck
Magnificent Master of Buckland

At an airport, while we were going through security (before 9/11), my sister set the metal ditecter off. The security gaurd asked her to take off her belt, so she did. She went through the metal detector again; it was the belt that had set it off. And because the pants were big, they started slipping down and reached past her bottom!

Is there anything I can do that wouldn't inconvenience me?.-Adrian Monk

Hogan: What's a definate factor that we can count on?
Newkirk: We don't know what we're doing.

Do you wanna split a pineapple? -Shawn Spencer
Meriadoc Brandybuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 07:34 PM   #58
Elanor's Angel
Elf Lord

Lol! about a week ago I put some toast in the toaster and forgot about it, (I did'nt know the toaster was broken) and went to school. when I came home the whole house smelled like smoke. Dad said when he came home the tost was about to cach fire! The toaster spring was broken, and it did'nt pop up so it kept cooking!

Old 09-30-2004, 07:47 PM   #59
trolls' bane
Entmoot Secretary of the Treasury

LTNS, Merry.
In 6th grade, we did a market day project for math, and against my judgement we decided to sell shirts rather than school supplies. We were going to put designs on the shirts, with markers, etcetera. One day, while we were making posters in the Computer Lab (where I now have a math class). Donald, who was often behind since he went into 5th grade, was making a poster that was supposed to say shirts. Well, I wondered why the teacher was looking over his shoulder, and not saying anything, so I looked at his screen, and noticed something was wrong with 'Shirts.'
I said "Uh, Donald, you left out the R.
Old 09-30-2004, 07:55 PM   #60
Elanor's Angel
Elf Lord

lol! I saw a sign once that said sotball at 8:00 support our team! The 'f' was written in with arrow.
(I was at the reginal DI comp. so it made me laugh and settled my butterflys down.)