Old 04-20-2010, 11:06 PM   #381
Midge
Faithful Gardener

Point in case!

Psalm 56:11

"Starbuck, what do you hear?"
"Nothin' but the rain, sir!"
"Then grab your gun and bring in the cat."

Make sure to check out the C.S. Lewis forum. Game threads, movie and book discussions and more!

Midge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 03:56 AM   #382
Noble Elf Lord
Leaf-Crowned Lord Of Elvenpath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midge View Post
When did these polls take place?
When did those poles take place...? (couldn't help myself)

hector,

so if there are/were some Elves causing trouble, it means we all do? Since you're not anti-Elf, I think you agree that once the possible culprits are a-caught, there'll be no reason to besmirch us. Especially I hate the fact that ye always say "Mirkwood Elves", as if we all did it. Which we don't. Also, should this be the result of the Necromancer aftermath, I'm sure we can heal my kinsmen, once our ticket wins. Does this strike you as fair?
Old 04-21-2010, 07:36 AM   #383
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Quote:
Hey... is that what happened? I went and looked at HOBBIT's profile and checked his post count and it said "Showing results 1-25 of 2278"

Who knew such corruption existed here?
Midge, Midge, if you wanna be president, you hafta do your research properly before jumping to conclusions. I can swear in all honesty, that I never tampered with my post count. Every post that is counted was made at some point. They just don't all show up when you search for my posts for several reasons.

So the posts you can find in a search do not always mirror the actual number of posts made. The reasons are many-fold, let me name a few:
  • Many admins and mods in the old days raised their post-count artificially to gigantic numbers to deter people from spamming to get a higher post count than the mods.
  • All original members (mods and ordinary members alike) who moved here from the old Entmoot-board kept their post-count from the old board, even if those posts do not show up in this board's search.
  • Actual posts have disappeared into glitches, such as the one that put the 'Temporary' in the Temporary Venting Thread. The post-count was not always affected. And in some cases people even asked for their post count to be adapted afterwards to what they originally had.
  • Not all the posts of the mod-team show up in the public search. Posts in deleted, hidden or certain moderation posts are not accessible through the search if your account does not have access to them.

So there.
Old 04-21-2010, 08:56 AM   #384
inked
Elf Lord

Dubl sekret probatun post kountz! Und de alegatunz dat Hektor iz koruptd bekaz of dem!!!

O de inhumanity or de inelfanity! Vat iz next? Ingolumanity?

HEKTOR UND ACALY fur responzibl leders!!!
"And there is always the danger of allowing people to suppose that our modern times are so wholly unlike any other times that the fundamental facts about man's nature have wholly changed with changing circumstances." Dorothy L. Sayers, 1 Sept. 1941
inked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 09:24 AM   #385
Varnafindë
Princess of the Noldor (and Administrative Empress of the Lone Islands)

Quote:
Originally Posted by inked View Post
Und de alegatunz
What does alligators have to do with it?

Sometimes I get so tired of trying to read that Germanic Euro-English ...

Signature picture art - Bard the Bowman - by vigshane
Avatar art - Footsteps of Spring (a young Luthien) - by Henning Janssen
Varnafindë is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 10:04 AM   #386
Midge
Faithful Gardener

I didn't jump anywhere. Is it my fault that the mods and admins keep their secrets from us?
Psalm 56:11

"Starbuck, what do you hear?"
"Nothin' but the rain, sir!"
"Then grab your gun and bring in the cat."

Make sure to check out the C.S. Lewis forum. Game threads, movie and book discussions and more!

Midge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 12:46 PM   #387
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Quote:
I didn't jump anywhere. Is it my fault that the mods and admins keep their secrets from us?
Well, I didn't want to point the finger, buuuut.... *cough* Yes.

Tessar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 03:50 PM   #388
Coffeehouse
Entmoot Minister of Foreign Affairs

Quote:
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz View Post
HaradHRAS Corporation.
Suspicious

Quote:
it's THEIR campaign against us!
Us? As Vice-President one can't take the side of one decidious forest against (one largely coniferous) forest when you represent, as an Entmootion, all Free creatures of Middle Earth, irrelevant of location.

This is a very good reason to vote in a new, uncorrupted administration under a Coffeehouse-presidency and the good governance of VP Insidious and Master General Noble. We take into account all sides of any conflict and we do not take a de facto position before having heard everyone out.

Under the tyranny of the shadow-government of VP-candidate Hector any arbitration would be partial, biased and, as we all can see, anti-Mirkwood, which represents perhaps 1/4 of all Free creatures of Middle Earth. That's scary.

We believe it to be equally troubling the premature judgements and conclusions that candidate Midge seem to be throwing around. While supporting a tough line towards any corrupt practices of admins and mods, we'd like to emphasize the banner of justice that all democracies waive before tyranny, innocent until proven otherwise

Vote to ensure you're brighter future at Entmoot!
Vote for Coffee, Insidious and Noble - Find the Magic in You

Last edited by Coffeehouse : 04-21-2010 at 03:56 PM.
Coffeehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 04:59 PM   #389
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Mine is the same way. Lots of members lost actual posts that were deleted/archived when they started trimming threads to keep them within the 1k limits, to deal with bandwidth and storage issues. The posts were made, and the post numbers remained more or less the same, its just that the actual posts themselves were removed so are no longer searchable.

However, with those that had 60k+ that was never the case and they were awarded with higher post counts for some reason or another. I've forgotten why though. However, I just noticed this with X Perry, because when I first saw him in the thread where Tessar was experimenting with his new Admin powers, the account only had 1 post. Then I saw it again in this thread and it had 100.
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
The last sane person is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 06:01 PM   #390
Coffeehouse

Last edited by Coffeehouse : 04-21-2010 at 06:11 PM.
Old 04-21-2010, 07:01 PM   #391
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Quote:
What Tessar said so eloquently.

What secrets? Many of these things have been mentioned on the public forum before. And besides that, you could have -you know- simply asked us. [best Monty Python impression]But you didn't bother to find out, did you?[/best Monty Python impression]
Old 04-21-2010, 08:46 PM   #392
inked
Elf Lord

KofeHowz, dis iz not gud EuroEnglish: "Vote to ensure you're brighter future at Entmoot!"

Du kan not spel English nor hav du EuroEnglish spak.

Und ve shul vot fur du?

Nein. Nicht. No!

Hektor un Acaly fur Presidantz.
"And there is always the danger of allowing people to suppose that our modern times are so wholly unlike any other times that the fundamental facts about man's nature have wholly changed with changing circumstances." Dorothy L. Sayers, 1 Sept. 1941
Old 04-21-2010, 09:09 PM   #393
hectorberlioz
Master of Orchestration President Emeritus of Entmoot 2004-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffeehouse View Post
Suspicious

Us? As Vice-President one can't take the side of one decidious forest against (one largely coniferous) forest when you represent, as an Entmootion, all Free creatures of Middle Earth, irrelevant of location.

This is a very good reason to vote in a new, uncorrupted administration under a Coffeehouse-presidency and the good governance of VP Insidious and Master General Noble. We take into account all sides of any conflict and we do not take a de facto position before having heard everyone out.

Under the tyranny of the shadow-government of VP-candidate Hector any arbitration would be partial, biased and, as we all can see, anti-Mirkwood, which represents perhaps 1/4 of all Free creatures of Middle Earth. That's scary.

We believe it to be equally troubling the premature judgements and conclusions that candidate Midge seem to be throwing around. While supporting a tough line towards any corrupt practices of admins and mods, we'd like to emphasize the banner of justice that all democracies waive before tyranny, innocent until proven otherwise

Vote to ensure you're brighter future at Entmoot!
Vote for Coffee, Insidious and Noble - Find the Magic in You
Here, fellow Entmooters, Coffeehouse shows his ignorance of Entmoot Politics. He either thinks or wants to take over ALL of middle-earth with the Entmoot Presidency!

He doesn't realize that the Forest of Fangorn is the extent of our borders. Indeed, the City of Entmoot is where the concentration of power is. One might call this a kingdom, except democratic.

Acaly und Hektor fur Presidants fur EntMut fur life!
Join the discussion at Entmoot Election 2010.
"Stupidissimo!"~Toscanini
The Da CINDY Code
The Epic Poem Of The Balrog of Entmoot: Here ~NEW!
~
Thinking of summer vacation?
AboutNewJersey.com - NJ Travel & Tourism Guide
hectorberlioz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 10:48 PM   #394
inked
Elf Lord

CH wrote "we'd like to emphasize the banner of justice that all democracies waive before tyranny, innocent until proven otherwise".

Du vil not dat de Kofehowz is planing to "waive" de "banner of justice" befor tyrany.

Even in de EuroEnglish dis is kler! Kofehowz und hiz alies ar going to "waive" demokrasy befor tyrany..............Dat mens he'z going to do avay wid de demokrasy in plan EuroEnglish und in English.

"Waive" means do avay mid! ! ! !
KofeHowz iz de Obaminator in EntMut dizgiz!!!!!

Vot Hektor und Acaly fur yur livs!!!!
Old 04-22-2010, 05:25 AM   #395
Coffeehouse

Quote:
Here, fellow Entmooters, Coffeehouse shows his ignorance of Entmoot Politics.
He doesn't realize that the Forest of Fangorn is the extent of our borders.
On the contrary candidate Hector, we believe you fail to see what representing Entmoot truly means. Which explains the corrupted and incompetent term you previously served

Entmoot is a state of mind, an idea, a kingdom of discussion, of story-telling and of conscience. Its borders are as little contingent on geography as my interaction with any other Mooter (like you). It is shared by the elf of Mirkwood just as much as by the librarian in Minas Tirith or the hobbit in the South Farthing. Which makes Entmoot, and its de facto democratic (= everyone interacts) nature is as much a Metaphysical (and spiritual) journey as it is a Political one.

Dear voters, the Forest of Fangorn and Entmoot is the symbolism of dialogue between all readers of J.R.R. Tolkien and all free creatures of Middle Earth - which lets you travel anywhere you want, whenever you want, however long you please - pure magic

Vote for a healthy presidency that gives you the power and right to pursue your interests in a free, democratic Entmoot!

Vote Coffee, Insidious and Noble - Find the Magic in You
Old 04-22-2010, 01:05 PM   #396
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

Quote:
He doesn't realize that the Forest of Fangorn is the extent of our borders. Indeed, the City of Entmoot is where the concentration of power is.
See thats the problem with veteran politicians. Ever since they made a pathway around the City of Entmoot some people cant help but resort to "inside the Pathway" thinking. Theres so much more to Middle Earth!

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
Insidious Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 01:21 PM   #397
Jonathan
Entmoot Attorney-General,
Equilibrating the Scales of Justice, Administrator

Quote:
On the contrary candidate Hector, we believe you fail to see what representing Entmoot truly means. Which explains the corrupted and incompetent term you previously served
... says a mooter who joined just as Hector stepped down as president

During his four years in office, Hector successfully practised the policy of incompetent corruption which, in my mind, is the most brilliant rule I've ever seen! I'd have four more years of that any-time

Yep, Hector might just be the best president this board has ever had! If there was a Presidents' Hall of Fame, he'd be right at the top

Hektor und Acally, fur lif!
An unwritten post is a delightful universe of infinite possibilities. Set down one word, however, and it immediately becomes earthbound. Set down one sentence and it’s halfway to being just like every other bloody entry that’s ever been written.
Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 02:23 PM   #398
Gwaimir Windgem
Dread Mothy Lord and Halfwitted Apprentice Loremaster

Quote:
Entmoot is a state of mind, an idea. . .
Oh, you're good.

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Gwaimir Windgem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 05:50 PM   #399
inked
Elf Lord

Mi felo EntMuters, kanst du nicht se dat Kofehowz is merly recycling Obama! und de "insid de padway" is mer Demokratic (USA) propaganda?

Und Kofehowz hast nicht de Nobel Priz!

Wak up!

Acaly und Hektor fur Presidantz fur Lif!
Old 04-23-2010, 12:25 PM   #400
Coffeehouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
... says a mooter who joined just as Hector stepped down as president
Thankfully Entmoot has an archive so that all current and future Mooters can look back all the way to 1999. The Entmoot Freedom Party encourages all Mooters to use the archives - transparency is the best weapon against corruption and incompetence, and as we have shown in an earlier post, the Acally-Hector ticket is rife with it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
Hektor und Acally, fur lif!
Quote:
Originally Posted by inked View Post
Acaly und Hektor fur Presidantz fur Lif!
Besides the early puppet-role that Inked has tragically been poisoned with by the Hectorian ticket (the EuroEnglish, while entertaining, also exemplifying just how schizofrenic the Hectorian corruption can be on a poor fellows mind), we also note with great sadness another bright Mooter's demise under the spell of authoritarian freedom and healthy corruption. Sweden is at a loss Jonathan, and we hope that the psychological terror of the Hectorian prison is one day cast off.

We urge all Entmootian citizens that you remember your duty, just as the Roman citizens did, of watching out for the treacherous and bullying grip of the dictator. Exercise your democratic citizenship with passion. Terror's greatest enemy is courage and unwavering principles!

Be Sam - be the gardener of Entmoot and let your ideas overturn the soil of yesterday and sprout with life into tommorrow!

Find the Magic with Coffeehouse, Insidious & Noble - Find the Magic in You

Last edited by Coffeehouse : 04-23-2010 at 12:28 PM.