Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2003, 09:34 PM   #21
mithrand1r
Cyber Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally posted by jerseydevil

That's not because you are "cool" - it's because we're in the process of getting 12 inches of snow.
Fortunately I live closer to the Atlantic Ocean in Ocean County.

We will probably only get 5-9 inches (12½-23cm) of snow.

It still is cold though. About 26°F (-2.5°C)

On the plus side, one can always go skiing.

post 200

'Many are my names in many countries,' he said. 'Mithrandir among the Elves, Tharkûn to the Drarves; Olórin I was in my youth in the West that is forgotten, in the South Incánus, in the North Gandalf; to the East I go not.' Faramir

What nobler employment, or more valuable to the state, than that of the man who instructs the rising generation? Cicero (106BC-43BC)

Last edited by mithrand1r : 12-06-2003 at 12:09 AM.
Old 12-05-2003, 11:31 PM   #22
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Eh, I never liked cliques anyway. *proudly uncool, and unhip.*
Old 12-06-2003, 12:08 AM   #23
mithrand1r
Cyber Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally posted by BeardofPants
Eh, I never liked cliques anyway. *proudly uncool, and unhip.*
Next, you will tell us that you are an individual like the rest of us.

'Many are my names in many countries,' he said. 'Mithrandir among the Elves, Tharkûn to the Drarves; Olórin I was in my youth in the West that is forgotten, in the South Incánus, in the North Gandalf; to the East I go not.' Faramir

What nobler employment, or more valuable to the state, than that of the man who instructs the rising generation? Cicero (106BC-43BC)
Old 12-06-2003, 05:09 AM   #24
Gwaimir Windgem
Dread Mothy Lord and Halfwitted Apprentice Loremaster

Quote:
Originally posted by jerseydevil
I didn't like Bram Stoker's Dracula. I didn't think it matched the book and I thought Dracula looked terrible. I have read Dracula several times and I still think that Bela Lugosi's version was the best. There were sometings removed and not everything was accurate - but the majority of it it straight from the book.
Really? That certainly surprises me. It seemed to me that most of Bram Stoker's Dracula was straight from the book. Bela Lugosi's was one of the worse transgressors, from my PoV; the loony going to Dracula, for instance. I thought BSD's albeit slightly wierd image better fit the old man than the dashing vampire image instituted with Bela.

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Old 12-06-2003, 12:58 PM   #25
Rosie Gamgee
The Lovely Hobbit-Lass

Could I ask something? WHY in Middle-earth does every one of these threads turn into a bashing forum where we can flame fellow fans of a great work?? This is rediculous and immature! Everybody already knows where JD and his loyal compatriots stand, and everyone already knows where BB and his comrades stand. Why bother re-hashing the same darn stuff? As far as I gleaned from the opening post in this thread, this thread is for those who like and appreciate what Peter Jackson has done. This isn't a debate thread.
That said (btw, sorry if I sounded rude), I am way cool! I love the films. I think PJ did a wonderful job on the two that I have seen. I'm looking very much forward to the next movie.
Peter Jackson is a genius. I mean, his genius looks like a hill of beans next to Tolkien's genius, but I still credit him.

p.s. That does not make me a mindless idiot simply because I enjoy the movies.
How can I take this losing hand and somehow win?

Just give me One Good Year To get my feet back on the ground.
I've been chasing grace; Grace ain't so easily found
One bad hand can devil a man, chase him and carry him down.
I've got to get out of here, just give me One Good Year!
Old 12-06-2003, 01:49 PM   #26
Ruinel
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Rosie Gamgee
... WHY in Middle-earth does every one of these threads turn into a bashing forum where we can flame fellow fans of a great work?? This is rediculous and immature!
I think you mean "ridiculous" not "rediculous".
I really haven't seen anything that constitues actual flaming at this forum. Or did I miss something fun?
Quote:
Everybody already knows where JD and his loyal compatriots stand, and everyone already knows where BB and his comrades stand. Why bother re-hashing the same darn stuff? As far as I gleaned from the opening post in this thread, this thread is for those who like and appreciate what Peter Jackson has done. This isn't a debate thread.
It seems that any thread that is opened that has a counter opinion to "Jackson is the greatest thing since sliced bread... *girlish giggle*" get's closed.
Quote:
That said (btw, sorry if I sounded rude),
*rereads the post* ... errr...huh? rude?
Quote:
I am way cool! I love the films. I think PJ did a wonderful job on the two that I have seen. I'm looking very much forward to the next movie.
Peter Jackson is a genius. I mean, his genius looks like a hill of beans next to Tolkien's genius, but I still credit him.

p.s. That does not make me a mindless idiot simply because I enjoy the movies. [/B]
I find the use of the phrase "Peter Jackson is a genius" to be offensive and flame baiting. Anyone else with me? Perhaps this thread should be closed.
Old 12-06-2003, 04:04 PM   #27
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

This thread along with others is being closed in the interest of applying and enforcing the new rules in this forum.

Closing.

"North away." he said: "to the swords, and the siege, and the walls of defence - that yet for a while in Beleriand rivers may run clean, leaves spring, and birds build their nests, ere Night comes."

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide
Closed Thread