Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-26-2003, 08:08 PM   #21
Starr Polish
Elf Lord

Location: Slow down and I sail on the river, slow down and I walk to the hill
A poser is someone who dresses a certain way (usually punk, goth or skater...eh...) not because they think it's cool, but because someone they think is cool dresses that way. Take MANY of the Avril Lavigne fans.

Most of my friends would say I'm really preppy, but I hate that. I HATE it. I'm very eclectic, but I don't always wear what I like because I don't have enough money nor do I really care that much. I absolutely love fishnet, striped stockings and black, but my style tends to be jeans and a t-shirt or what's considered "preppy bohemian". Arg...I ahve no style, I just am.
Old 06-26-2003, 08:56 PM   #22
Gwaimir Windgem
Dread Mothy Lord and Halfwitted Apprentice Loremaster

Quote:
I have no style, I just am.
Ditto.

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Gwaimir Windgem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2003, 12:55 AM   #23
Sheeana
Lord of the Pants

What? You need special pants to skateboard in now? No wonder I sucked at it when I was a kid.
Sheeana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2003, 12:58 AM   #24
gollum9630
Canadian Guy.

Quote:
Originally posted by Starr Polish
A poser is someone who dresses a certain way (usually punk, goth or skater...eh...) not because they think it's cool, but because someone they think is cool dresses that way. Take MANY of the Avril Lavigne fans.

Most of my friends would say I'm really preppy, but I hate that. I HATE it. I'm very eclectic, but I don't always wear what I like because I don't have enough money nor do I really care that much. I absolutely love fishnet, striped stockings and black, but my style tends to be jeans and a t-shirt or what's considered "preppy bohemian". Arg...I ahve no style, I just am.

What i hate is the people that spend $90 for a pair of jeans, i get mine for $20. Also the people that buy 5$50 shirts, total rip off. Any pair of jeans and a shirt will do for me

Wierd Harry Potter quotes

the old nintendo duck hunt game

Lemmings

Swron

Random Homer Simpson Quotes
gollum9630 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2003, 07:20 PM   #25
ArwenEvenstar
Elf Lord

I just find that the clothes that skaters where is more comfy the the pants that go up your ass all the time , anyway I dont think that Avril Lavinge is that great, I admire her style and everything but . . . LOL I just remembered something in a teen magazine I saw. It was a interview with Avril and she's like I hate how people copy my style. Then on the next page it was a contest to win one of ten shirts that avril has one of. How stupid is that?
Old 06-27-2003, 08:38 PM   #26
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

Quote:
Originally posted by ArwenEvenstar
LOL I just remembered something in a teen magazine I saw. It was a interview with Avril and she's like I hate how people copy my style. Then on the next page it was a contest to win one of ten shirts that avril has one of. How stupid is that?
welcome to corporate america. where being a rebel is an intricate part of our culture of conformity. Be different just like me!

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
Insidious Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2003, 11:43 PM   #27
Khamûl
Slacker
Warrior Admin

But no matter what, always remember: you are unique. Just like everyone else.

Psalm 107:31
Khamûl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2003, 03:46 AM   #28
TheWhiteRider
Elven Warrior

wow, i didn't know Skateboarders were so styreotyped! But just so you all know, I skate and I don't dress "skateboarder" as you may call it, and I totally agree in wearing whatever makes you comfortable. Also I don't smoke pot, and the twelve other skaters whom I know don't either, so there I saw that trampoline idea on a skate video once and I've always wanted to try it! I think I will now...

"Begun, the Clone War has..."
~Yoda

"I can't see, as I'm facing your pitiful lies, don't have the strength, to carry your heavy load of lies."
~H.I.M.
TheWhiteRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2003, 01:43 AM   #29
Anglorfin
Alasailon

Quote:
Originally posted by TheWhiteRider
wow, i didn't know Skateboarders were so styreotyped! But just so you all know, I skate and I don't dress "skateboarder" as you may call it, and I totally agree in wearing whatever makes you comfortable. Also I don't smoke pot, and the twelve other skaters whom I know don't either, so there I saw that trampoline idea on a skate video once and I've always wanted to try it! I think I will now...
It's true about stereotypes though. But I'm all for dressing how you feel. When I tell people the type of music I listen to they always associate it with the clothes and say something like "I never would have guessed that you listen to that! All I ever see you wearing is Hawaian shirts!" It bothers me that just because I do listen to certain type of music people expect me to 'wear it on my sleeve' so to speak.

"Anglorfin was tall and straight; his hair was of shining gold, his face fair and young and fearless and full of anger; his eyes were bright and keen, and his voice like music; on his brow sat wisdom, and in his hand was great skill."
Anglorfin is offline   Reply With Quote