Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 05-11-2003, 08:12 PM   #21
Coney
The Buddy Rabbit

Quote:
Originally posted by Ruinel
*sits down next to Sminty and looks motherly*
Sweet Sminty... *shakes head*... boys have their worth... don't dismiss them as unnecessary.... there are fun things you can do with them... fun things that you can't do with girls.... Besides, its fun to tease them and drive them insane... you know, when your bored and there's nothing else to do.
Yeah, we're right up there with the Etch-a-Sketch :/

Beatallica
Coney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2003, 08:14 PM   #22
Ragnarok
Rohirrim Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Gwaimir Windgem
They ain't makin' sperm cells yet.
nope but they do have sperm banks where you can donate some and is used for artificial insemination. (Somehow we learned that in religion class )
Ragnarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2003, 08:14 PM   #23
Sminty_Smeagol
Manic Cardboard-Box Dweller

I never said it was wrong to accessorize....
Old 05-11-2003, 09:41 PM   #24
Ruinel
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Coney
Yeah, we're right up there with the Etch-a-Sketch :/

Ah, no... they're much more fun than an Etch-a-Sketch... much more fun...

Quote:
Originally posted by Sminty
I never said it was wrong to accessorize
That's my girl.

Last edited by Ruinel : 05-11-2003 at 09:42 PM.
Ruinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2003, 09:58 PM   #25
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

Quote:
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Sminty
I never said it was wrong to accessorize
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's my girl.
oh right just teach her to think of guys as just objects to be used for her pleasure! corrupt her innocent young mind and make her into some kind of man eating machine! Make her see us poor males as just meat to be exploited and.....

hmm.. ok carry on.....

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
Insidious Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2003, 10:12 PM   #26
Ruinel
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Insidious Rex
oh right just teach her to think of guys as just objects to be used for her pleasure! corrupt her innocent young mind and make her into some kind of man eating machine! Make her see us poor males as just meat to be exploited and.....

hmm.. ok carry on.....

...errr... they're not??????
Old 05-11-2003, 10:37 PM   #27
Gwaimir Windgem
Dread Mothy Lord and Halfwitted Apprentice Loremaster

Just happened to be browsing some cloning cartoons, and thought I'd share a few...

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Gwaimir Windgem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2003, 10:37 PM   #28
Elvellyn
The Redneck Elf

I don't see why we can't just do like the (Greek) Amazons. Use 'em then kill 'em.
Old 05-11-2003, 10:45 PM   #29
Gwaimir Windgem

A couple more...

Okay, that wasn't a couple. Maybe I'm getting carried away...

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Old 05-11-2003, 10:48 PM   #30
Gwaimir Windgem

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Old 05-11-2003, 10:50 PM   #31
jerseydevil
I am Freddie/UNDERCOVER/ Founder of The Great Continent of Entmoot

Quote:
[B]Actually forget about cloning. We can do this without the need to resort to cloning. Isnt technology grande! Seems as if they have now been able to turn a random body cell into an egg cell which means that a male could create both an egg and a sperm thereby fertilizing himself if he wants. or two guys could raise "natural" children as well. so looks like we wont be needing you gals anymore. oh but wait. yer still a lot more attractive then your average test tube. so stick around a little longer.
Yeah - that had come out about a week or two ago. I had heard about that. They haven't tried to fertilise the "man-made" eggs yet - but it wold be interesting.

I've posted this before - but for those who haven't seen my other posts - this is a good book... Cyteen

It's a fictional book - set in the future - where growing babies in birthing chambers is common.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

Memorial to the Twin Towers
New Jersey Map
Fellowship of the Messageboard
Legend of the Jersey Devil
Support New Jersey's Liberty Tower
Peacefire.org

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide

jerseydevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2003, 11:24 PM   #32
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

Quote:
Originally posted by jerseydevil
Cyteen

It's a fictional book - set in the future - where growing babies in birthing chambers is common.
i read those a long time ago i think. werent they a series about producing this heir to the throne or something? some kinda queen or something?

Old 05-11-2003, 11:25 PM   #33
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

Quote:
Originally posted by Elvellyn
I don't see why we can't just do like the (Greek) Amazons. Use 'em then kill 'em.
hey i can handle death if i get to be a sex slave to a civilization of giant blondes for all the potent years of my life. where do i sign.

Old 05-11-2003, 11:27 PM   #34
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

Quote:
...errr... they're not??????
ha! hypocrit. tell that to jonathong...

Old 05-11-2003, 11:33 PM   #35
jerseydevil
I am Freddie/UNDERCOVER/ Founder of The Great Continent of Entmoot

Quote:
i read those a long time ago i think. werent they a series about producing this heir to the throne or something? some kinda queen or something?
Not quite 0 it's about a scientist who is murdered. She's basically a ruler - they clone her and then try to reproduce the past environment that the "original scientist" had grown up under - to make her the same.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

Memorial to the Twin Towers
New Jersey Map
Fellowship of the Messageboard
Legend of the Jersey Devil
Support New Jersey's Liberty Tower
Peacefire.org

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide

jerseydevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2003, 11:37 PM   #36
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

Quote:
Originally posted by jerseydevil
Not quite 0 it's about a scientist who is murdered. She's basically a ruler - they clone her and then try to reproduce the past environment that the "original scientist" had grown up under - to make her the same.
Ill have to get it off the sci fi book case in the basement and dust it off. i last read it in college.

Old 05-12-2003, 03:03 AM   #37
Baby-K
Corruptor

You wouldn't require cloning really (for men to carry a foetus). Scientists have been experimenting in various ways, basically to assist couples where the female cannot carry a pregnancy to term due to problems within her body (and where they do not want to consider adoption or surrogacy).

Basically the scientists have been studying the male sea horse (after mating the female sea horse expells her eggs into the water, which the male then takes into him & fertilises within his body, he is the one who has the adapted body to carry the young & he then gives birth to live young). The principle that human males can carry a child within them is currently being researched, but so far not much progress has been made, as it has become obvious that males could not carry a baby to term since their intestine & stomach would crush the foetus after the first 3 months or so. Also, for males to be 'pregnant' they would have to be injected with large amounts estrogen & progestorone, and I think they mentioned something to the effect that the hormone therapy, if administered in such a large & extended dosis, could become harmful to the male in the long run.

(And all this was learned from Discovery Channel at 08h00AM after coming in from one of those nights doing things that normal people don't seem to do, so if I'm wrong, hell, sue me )

I have a question re cloning (JD & I sort of touched on it in the Happy thread - btw JD, I still haven't got that book, but will have a look later).

If humans are to be cloned, do you guys think they'd clone babies & raise them like normal children? Or would they clone adults & 'program' them how to behave etc?

Also, if you should kill a cloned person, would that be considered murder? (Wondering, since the clones would not have been birthed as per the normal process, so would they be considered normal human beings, or a form of AI? And if they are thought to be normal human beings, who determines the criteria for being human?) And one more question, what exactly are the merits for cloning humans?
Old 05-12-2003, 04:09 AM   #38
Mirahzi
Elf Lord

It wouldn't be possible to clone and subsequently produce an adult. A clone has to start as a fetus, etc, since DNA doesn't specify age. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I think currently the idea is that a person must be born (from a womb, etc) in order to be considered a human (goes along with the idea that feti can be justifiably aborted). Thus, it would not be considered murder.

With cloning technology, we could theoretically clone certain historical figures (i.e. Ghandi). However, a similar environment would have to be provided in which to raise the clone in order to produce an identical person. Or, we could genetically engineer a perfect human, and then clone him (or her) infinitely (think Star Wars).
Old 05-12-2003, 08:44 AM   #39
Ruinel
Banned

Quote:
ha! hypocrit. tell that to jonathong...
It wasn't a statement... "they're not..." it was a question... "they're (men are) not?" ....
You said ...
Quote:
oh right just teach her to think of guys as just objects to be used for her pleasure! .... Make her see us poor males as just meat to be exploited and....
and my response is... I thought that's what guys were for... ... objects to be used for pleasure, treated as meat and to be exploited....

.... am I wrong?
Old 05-12-2003, 09:13 AM   #40
Baby-K
Corruptor

My favourite kind of guy is the one who will go the ends of the earth for me ..............and stay there

But seriously, I would never consider just using & abusing men, that's just wrong. Besides, the act of procreation (or practising for it) is so much more fun than all that artificial stuff so in my book men are here to stay (unless they all turn into brain dead idiots like the fool I wasted a perfectly good Saturday evening on)

Last edited by Baby-K : 05-12-2003 at 09:15 AM.
Baby-K is offline   Reply With Quote