Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entertainment Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 11-10-2002, 04:30 PM   #21
Ma Uai: Ua Nemti
Elven Warrior

She could be considered Superman's "helper." Does that mean he is insecure about his masculinity?

"Vires decusque."
Ma Uai: Ua Nemti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2002, 05:24 PM   #22
Andúril
The Original Corruptor

I saw the Supergirl movie many, many years ago. I don't remember from that how she ties in with Superman.

If she is his helper, that would make Superman insecure about his masculinity. This point is re-inforced by the fact that he wears his underwear over his pants -- an attempt to re-assure the public that he does not wear panties. Ofcourse, we know what he wears over his pants, but do we really know what he wears under them? Does he go commando? Why am I continuing along this line of thought?

<spits>

However, Batman is still an idiot -- this point must not be forgotten. And Robin is also an idiot.
Andúril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2002, 04:30 AM   #23
Andúril
The Original Corruptor

Oh, and take a look at how angered Superman gets when Louis dies. I don't care who you are, Batman or not, but you're going to want to get the hell out of his way...
Old 11-11-2002, 04:22 PM   #24
Andúril
The Original Corruptor

Hmmm...I wonder where all the Batty-boy supporters have gone?? Hmm?
Old 11-11-2002, 04:33 PM   #25
Hanza
Woolly Jumper

Location: In my field of paper flowers and candy clouds of lullaby
I wonder.....
Probably saw that there was actually a force defending superman and all ran off.
I'm for Superman by the way. I mean anyone who could whisk me off my feet and take me above the clouds without needing a parachute gets my vote

Why dont sheep shrink in the rain??
Hanza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2002, 05:25 PM   #26
Elven Warrior

Superman is cool. I'll give you that. But Batman has the great nicknames: The Dark Knight and the Detective. I fail to see how and idiot could be called the Detective. Doing the kind of work he does one could hardly call him an idiot.

"Vires decusque."
Old 11-11-2002, 06:15 PM   #27
Treebeard's apprentice
Elven Warrior

Quote:
And Batman has a stupid mask, too.
Superman doesn't even have a mask. He just combs his hair and takes off his nerd-specs. The citizens of Metropolis (btw, what kind of a cheezy, generic name is Metropolis?) must be pretty stupid not to recognise him. I wonder if it's even worth it to save their stupid lives over and over again by stray meteors and evil cyborgs.
Treebeard's apprentice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2002, 07:48 PM   #28
Coney
The Buddy Rabbit

When Superman fights he levels half the city (goodness knows what the citizens of Metropolis pay in taxes).

When Batman fights an occasional statue may be chipped by a stray Batermarang

Batman prevents crime............Superman punishes the perpatrator

Batman is a fully paid-up citizen.

Superman is an illegal alien who forged his documentation (his adoptive parents should be serving a hefty jail sentence )

Beatallica

Last edited by Coney : 11-11-2002 at 07:50 PM.
Coney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2002, 09:10 PM   #29
Treebeard's apprentice
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Superman is an illegal alien who forged his documentation (his adoptive parents should be serving a hefty jail sentence )
Exactly! If anyone is an illegal alien, it's Superman.
Old 11-12-2002, 03:48 AM   #30
Andúril
The Original Corruptor

Quote:
Ma Uai: Ua Nemti:
But Batman has the great nicknames: The Dark Knight and the Detective.
Dark night is okay (though still pretty lame), but "Detective"? Come on now! That's a loser name! Like "Robin".
Quote:
More:
I fail to see how and idiot could be called the Detective.
Easy. When Batman was young (perhaps even in his early twenties), he probably used to play "cops and robbers" with his friends. He would be the cop, and the title "detective" sprang from there.
Quote:
More:
Doing the kind of work he does one could hardly call him an idiot.
But he can't fly. That makes him an idiot by default. Therefore, any illusion of intellect is pointless, and irrelevant.
Quote:
Treebeard's apprentice:
Superman doesn't even have a mask.
That's right. He's a grown-up, unlike Batman and Robin. Robin is quite immature to be wearing his mask, but Batman:
  • is older then Robin, thus even more immature, and
  • was wearing his mask before he even met Robin, thus Robin was not the cause of his mask-wearing immaturity.
Quote:
Treebeard's apprentice:
He just combs his hair and takes off his nerd-specs.
Yes, quicker than you can blink. Batman, like the idiot he is, needs at least a couple seconds to up on his mask, and by that time Superman has already caught the falling helicopter. Go Kal-el!
Quote:
More:
The citizens of Metropolis (btw, what kind of a cheezy, generic name is Metropolis?) must be pretty stupid not to recognise him.
Most people haven't stood a meter away from both Kal-el and Clark Kent. Oh, and "Gotham" city is an asinine name for a city (which looks really artificial, btw -- like the scenes in Dick Tracy)
Quote:
More:
I wonder if it's even worth it to save their stupid lives over and over again by stray meteors and evil cyborgs.
I'd like to see Batman save anyone from a stray meteor. LOL!! What an idiot, he'd prolly be driving away at 120 km/h in his putrid batty-mobile, soiling his panties.
Quote:
Coney:
When Superman fights he levels half the city (goodness knows what the citizens of Metropolis pay in taxes).
If Batman had to fight the same foe, he would end very quickly.
Quote:
More:
When Batman fights an occasional statue may be chipped by a stray Batermarang
That's because Batty-boy can only fight against the easy villains. And "Battermarangs"? Lame.
Quote:
Coney:
Batman prevents crime............Superman punishes the perpatrator
Yet, in every Batman movie, there is a perpetrator...
Quote:
More:
Batman is a fully paid-up citizen.
Wow!
Quote:
More:
Which country on earth would not give Superman immediate citizenship?

Last edited by Andúril : 11-12-2002 at 04:06 AM.
Old 11-12-2002, 10:05 AM   #31
Coney
The Buddy Rabbit

Supermans arch enemy (Lex Luthor) has no super-powers, yet time and again he defeats Superman.

Beatallica
Coney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2002, 01:30 PM   #32
Andúril
The Original Corruptor

What? Does that happen in the comics?
Old 11-12-2002, 02:33 PM   #33
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Not to mention that Batman kicks Supermans ass several times in the comics. When it comes to brawn vs brains, Batman wins everytime. Superman's still caught up in that whole patriotic bullshit.
Old 11-12-2002, 02:43 PM   #34
Andúril
The Original Corruptor

Those comic writers are homeless paedophiles. So it's easy to see that they would come up with such blasphemous storylines.

I don't think I've ever read a Superman comic. Or Batty-boy. Or Spidey. Perhaps I should. On the other hand, I don't think I'd be able to handle too easily the transition from my current study of the alleged independant sources of the historical Jeebus, to such material. If you've read John P. Meier, you'll know what I'm talking aboot (<-- Canadian accent for flavor).
Old 11-12-2002, 05:58 PM   #35
Treebeard's apprentice
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Anduril:
If Batman had to fight the same foe, he would end very quickly.
Why do they have to fight the same foe? Batman has style coming out of his pointy bat-ears. In comic books, that's what really counts. It's always dark and moody, whereas Superman is all about 'Truth, Justice, and the American way.' What a nerd. Batman wants revenge from those bastards that killed his parents. That's a much better storyline than falling from the sky on a world with a yellow sun that magically gives him superhuman powers.
Which leads me to another point: what are the odds that a planet with intelligent life will produce creatures exactly like humans in every way except that they get superpowers just by standing in the light? How believable is that?
Old 11-12-2002, 09:38 PM   #36
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Those comic writers are homeless paedophiles.
Those "homeless paedophiles" are the ones who created your precious Superman.

"Vires decusque."
Old 11-12-2002, 10:05 PM   #37
webwizard333
Elf Lord

Quote:
Which leads me to another point: what are the odds that a planet with intelligent life will produce creatures exactly like humans in every way except that they get superpowers just by standing in the light? How believable is that?
About as believable as a man dressing up as bat to fight crime.

I still think that the outcome depends on the type of conflict the two engage in.
Old 11-13-2002, 03:49 AM   #38
Andúril
The Original Corruptor

Quote:
Treebeard's apprentice:
Why do they have to fight the same foe?
Nobody says that they have to. But, as a hypothetical, if Superman needs to "level half the city" to defeat a foe, than I highly doubt that Batboy would stand much of a chance.
Quote:
More:
Batman has style coming out of his pointy bat-ears.
In my book, any style someone may have is depleted once they decide to wear "bat-ears". This is an unforgivable transgression, well documented by the style-police.
Quote:
More:
In comic books, that's what really counts.
You read comic books?
Quote:
More:
It's always dark and moody, whereas Superman is all about 'Truth, Justice, and the American way.' What a nerd.
The "dark and moody" atmosphere is needed to distract one away from Batmans lack of superpowers, and his silly bat-ears.
Quote:
More:
Batman wants revenge from those bastards that killed his parents.
Has he achieved this yet? If not, why has it taken him so long?
Quote:
More:
That's a much better storyline than falling from the sky on a world with a yellow sun that magically gives him superhuman powers.
I'd rather be someone with superpowers than without. *Points at Batty-boy and laughs*
Quote:
More:
Why are you comparing fiction to reality? What are the odds that a man in a bat-outfit (with bat-ears) has to defeat a funny little pengiun man? LOL!! How believable is that?
Quote:
Ma Uai: Ua Nemti:
Those "homeless paedophiles" are the ones who created your precious Superman.
Are you sure about that? I don't follow the comics, but I highly doubt that the creator (and not subsequent writers) of Superman would come up with a plot like that.
Old 11-13-2002, 04:43 AM   #39
BeardofPants
the Shrike

I don't see what you have against bat ears. They're kinda sexy.

I'm sorry, but I just don't subscribe to that whole clean cut American hero bullshit; gimme angst ridden Batman any day. Which Robin are you referring to? There *is* more than one in the comics. (Although, I'll grant that Robin got shortchanged in the costume dept...) And Batman wouldn't level half the city, because he's got more brains than Superman, and would think of a more efficient plan.

(C'mon, Batman mopped the pavements with Superman.)

Last edited by BeardofPants : 11-13-2002 at 04:45 AM.
BeardofPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2002, 03:54 PM   #40
Andúril
The Original Corruptor

No matter what I do, I cannot for the life of me think of any scenario in which Batty-boy (and team mate "momma dresses me" Robin) wipes the pavement with Superman.

But I must admit that I don't know why they had to make Superman an American hero. For Jeebus sakes, he came from Krypton, he just happened to land in damn Smallville (btw one of my coleagues at works looks like a 7 year older version of that reporter wannabe chick from the series...). Sheesa hahdy!

Oh, btw, after checking out the review of the first draft of the Superman V movie script, I must say that I WILL NOT be watching that film. For the love of ERU's underwear, they wanted Lex Luthor to be a CIA agent who turns out to be a Kryptonian, sent to destroy Kal-el, and then they have a martial-art fight in mid-air.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!

Oh, and Jor-el actually came to Earth and chose his son's foster parents (how lame is that -- almost as lame as Batty-boy's batty-ears). And Krypton didn't blow up.

Cr#P.