Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-12-2002, 06:41 PM   #21
Eruviel Greenleaf
Alcoholic Villain-Fancying Elf Pirate

I want my brother to have kids. That way I can be nice and spoil them and everything without really having all the responsibility of raising my own kids, not to mention I wouldn't get sick of them that way...
But I would want him to adopt them. Not that he has to listen to my opinion, but I think he would want to adopt a kid anyway.

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found only a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse is superior to the world."
-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Eruviel Greenleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2002, 08:27 PM   #22
Rána Eressëa
The Rogue Elf

Quote:
Originally posted by Rand
Ummmmmmm.... I'm very sorry if this seems rude but why start this topic if all you are going to do is shoot down what the other people say?
Top 2 things that keep human beings interested in one another: Debate & Conflict. Really, is getting along ever that fun? It's so . . . boring and flavorless.

I'm conflicting on whether or not I want kids. I don't want 'em now, that's for sure.
Rána Eressëa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2002, 10:46 PM   #23
cassiopeia
Viggoholic

I don't want kids. I come from a large family and love it, but I want to have fun! I want to travel and go out and do things I have never done. I havn't been on a holiday in 10 years and that was only to a town a few hours from home. So when I get a job I want to do the things I didn't have the chance to do. I am scared of having a baby as well......sounds yucky! I am also scared that the baby would be retarded or have ADHD. I would rather a dog than a child. Maybe I am selfish, but thats how I feel.
Old 08-12-2002, 10:53 PM   #24
Archbob the Elder
Enting

Only 18 here and certainly NO and probably be like that for a while.
Old 08-13-2002, 01:23 AM   #25
afro-elf
Hoplite Nomad

Hear Hear!, Bop. ( and the other poster). About the ever so mundane calls of: everyone wants kids, you'll change your mind, etc...

Some believe in god. Some do not.
Some like bananas. Some do not.
Some think PJ made a great movie. Some do not.

The ones who do can't understand why the others do not and vice versa.

Some want kids and some do not.

I'm in the latter of all of the above.

She was kown as dernhelm because of her exclaimation when she realized that the rider's headgear was heavy and obscured her sight.

'Dern Helm"

Culled from Entmoot From Kirinski 57 and Wayfarer.
afro-elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2002, 01:32 AM   #26
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Well, it seems we agree apart from the bananas.
Old 08-13-2002, 01:34 AM   #27
Starr Polish
Elf Lord

Location: Slow down and I sail on the river, slow down and I walk to the hill
Adoption is actually a definate possibility for me. I have no idea whether or not I'll be able to have kids, but I do want to adopt.
Old 08-13-2002, 06:25 AM   #28
Sween
im quite stupid

Adoption would be appealing to me. As much as i hate to admit it there are several flaws in the Richardson line. I am lazy and aragant and im not sure i should produce kids . Plus it means the ladie doesnt have to go through labour and they keep there figure
Old 08-13-2002, 09:22 AM   #29
Draken
Elf Lord

There are some pluses to kids.

1) Moral high ground in pavement warfare

Fed up with throngs of people standing around blocking the pavement and refusing to move? These tend to be students, tourists or old ladies with shopping bags on wheels. You either have to abandon the pavement and risk life and limb on the road or try and get through them as best you can while enduring offended looks that you should dare to assume the pavement is for walking along.

A pushchair/pram changes that! Don't look on it as a pushchair - it is your Chariot of Righteousness! Use it to plough swathes through pavement blocking hordes (hint: you will need a small child in it to claim the necessary moral prerogative). To add spice attach spikes to the wheel hubs for that Roman chariot effect.

2) Instant service improvement

(Useful in Britain this one!). Can't get the waitress to look your way? Waiting ages for what you ordered? Simple - even people who like kids can't stand the noise made by other peoples': so as your little darling gets bored/tired/hungry, do NOT try and quieten them - secretly encourage them to turn the volume up to 11. Your pizza plus kids meal will appear as if by magic. If your kid is naturally placid, wait till nobody is looking and poke with a sharp stick (cocktail sticks are a handy size).

3) Babe magnet effect

One for the blokes. Seize those chances to give mum a rest and take the kids to the park! Initially the presence of kids makes it easy to strike up conversations with young, attractive mothers there. Follow this up with how difficult it is balancing your successful career with bringing up the kids alone since the tragic accident and they just melt. PLEASE NOTE: sadly you have to stop this gambit once the kid learns to speak well enough to inform on you.

....or am I?
Draken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2002, 12:40 PM   #30
Artanis
Greatest Elven woman of Aman

Quote:
Originally posted by Draken

3) Babe magnet effect

One for the blokes. Seize those chances to give mum a rest and take the kids to the park! Initially the presence of kids makes it easy to strike up conversations with young, attractive mothers there.

lol!
My husband uses this one, and not only on mothers. It does work on single, young females as well!

Last edited by Artanis : 08-13-2002 at 01:22 PM.
Artanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2002, 02:26 PM   #31
azalea
Long lost mooter

That's so true! Women just love to see a man holding a baby for some reason.

Oh, and of course I support anyone who doesn't want to have kids. I mean, what's the big deal? I know couples who've never had them, and they are happy with their choice. Some people just enjoy being uncles and aunts so they can borrow a kid when they feel the need, the parents get a break, and the aunt/ uncle ends up having a renewed sense of why they don't want kids!
azalea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2002, 04:58 PM   #32
Laura49
Hobbit

I want either 3 or 4. I'm leaning more towards 4, though. 2 boys and 2 girls.

-Laura
Laura49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2002, 05:02 PM   #33
Sween
im quite stupid

babies are great for charming. I love looking after little vicks (old next door neigbours kid), though she is 5 now and lost the whole pushing her in the buggie thing and shes an evil thing.

Sometimes it works in a bad way i was looking after her the other week and we were down the park and she kept calling me daddy and i was getting some funny looks off the other perents.
Old 08-13-2002, 05:16 PM   #34
Rei
Elven Warrior

Location: Hades....it's a tough job but someone's gotta do it
No, no, no, no and did I mention NO!

I never want to have kids. I have absolutely no maternal instincts what-so-ever. If it's crying I don't want it to stop because it's sad or unhappy, I want it to stop so I don't get a headache.

I have to babysit my Dad's girl-friends kids, who I have dubbed the Horsemen of the Apocolypse, and that is more than I can handle and they're seven and eleven. I think my main reason is that I don't ever want another living person to be completely dependant upon me. I'm very selfish. I want things done on my time and done my way. I have absolutely no patience either. People always tell me that I'll grow out of it (I hate that ) but I don't think I will.
In Imladris it dwells;
There shall be counsels taken
Stronger than Morgul-spells.
There shall be shown a token
That doom is near at hand
For Isildur's Bane shall waken,
And the Halfling forth shall stand.
Old 08-13-2002, 06:43 PM   #35
Rána Eressëa
The Rogue Elf

Quote:
Originally posted by Sween
Adoption would be appealing to me. As much as i hate to admit it there are several flaws in the Richardson line. I am lazy and aragant and im not sure i should produce kids . Plus it means the ladie doesnt have to go through labour and they keep there figure
My, my, what a superficial little man you are.

I agree on the adopting thing; it's still the same as having kids. I never said I would give birth to any children, but I did say I might want kids someday. I'm thinking of adopting myself a cute little Asian baby (don't they just have the most adorable faces?) when I have a steady job to support her.

Last edited by Rána Eressëa : 08-13-2002 at 06:44 PM.
Rána Eressëa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2002, 07:18 PM   #36
galadriel88
Halfwitted Queen of Lothlorien

I want to have kids...but not yet!!!! I'm gonna wait till I'm married, thankyouverymuch. And you know, even if it wasn't for religious reasons (for me it is), it's still best to wait. Think about it: you have someone to help with the $ to feed, clothe, entertain, etc. them, help w/ raising them, and someone to spend time with after the kids are asleep. Also I'm gonna wait a couple of years after I've married because I want to have that little bit of time when it's just me and my husband. Cause I won't get it back for at least another 18 years! Oh and I think I want 3 or 4, but no more thatn that.

+Every good thing that comes into my life is only a reflection of the greatest gift of all; the offering of yourself, dear Son of God+

Always remember, you're uniqe, just like everybody else!

"The one constant through all the years has been the Trombone. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. Its been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again, but the Trombone has marked the time. This field, this section, this band is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and could be again. Oh, people will come . . . people will most definitely come."
galadriel88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2002, 09:34 PM   #37
Liviaine
Elven Warrior

I think I want 2. A boy, a girl. That's the way it is in my immediate family. My brother and I.

If I were going to have a bunch of kids, I'd want to adopt at least some. But then it wouldn't seem fair to the adopted kids that some were biologically mine. Yet, since I only want two, I would rather give birth.
Liviaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2002, 09:59 PM   #38
Menelvagor
Elf Lord

I don't want kids. I'm an only child and I've always liked my solitude. Besides, kids just don't agree with me, I never know the right thing to do. I might change my mind some day, but if I did I think it'd be a bad decision. (this is becoming a very depressing post ) If I ever did get kids, I would adopt.

Hm, I tend to ascribe a lot of this to my only-child-ness (for lack of a better term), what do the other only children here say?
Menelvagor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2002, 10:53 PM   #39
galadriel88
Halfwitted Queen of Lothlorien

Well I'm an only child, and I want kids, mostly because when I was young i never had a playmate. On my street it was all boys, so that was no fun. And I want my kids to not have to go through that. Also, because I'm an only child my kids won't have any aunts/uncles/cousins on my side of the family. I've always had a large extended family and I think it's more fun that way. Also I love kids and I love working with them, so I'd like to think I'd make a good mother...

+Every good thing that comes into my life is only a reflection of the greatest gift of all; the offering of yourself, dear Son of God+

Always remember, you're uniqe, just like everybody else!

"The one constant through all the years has been the Trombone. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. Its been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again, but the Trombone has marked the time. This field, this section, this band is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and could be again. Oh, people will come . . . people will most definitely come."
galadriel88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2002, 11:12 PM   #40
Willow Oran
Deus Ex Machina

I used to want to adopt children but now I'd rather have my own children. I've grown up with a large extended family and I have a lot more fun when there's a load of other children around. (Though I do like solitude at regular intervals) But I'm definetly going to wait until I'm married with a steady job. I also know that I want more than one child, preferably four. Two children would be constantly fighting, with three one would always feel left out and five or more would be too hectic.
Tough Guide To FantasyLand

...it's not much of a show if somebody doesn't suffer, and preferably at length. Suffering is beautiful in any case, and so is anguish; but as for loathing, and bitterness... I don't think they belong on the stage at all.

- Isabella, I Gelosi
Willow Oran is offline   Reply With Quote