Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-02-2002, 10:32 AM   #21
Darth Tater
The man

I didn't change anyone's posts or titles. From the start we were gonna keep that within the admins. A prank played on the people who are playing it, who can that hurt? Apparently Tristan made some threats, a few posts were changed, some titles even. STill doesn't seem that serious. You fail to grasp that this is just a message board! Not real life! I know it's hard to understand, but nothing that goes on here actually matters. Oh, and the admins ARE a bunch of immature kids, and those who aren't kids are just WAY too immature for their ages, at least you know the truth now
Darth Tater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2002, 01:31 PM   #22
Rána Eressëa
The Rogue Elf

It may be just a message board, but actual "real life" people visit it! And to be taken for as a fool isn't as funny as you may have it be in your book! And it most definitely doesn't erase your name from the list.

Last edited by Rána Eressëa : 04-02-2002 at 01:32 PM.
Rána Eressëa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2002, 01:41 PM   #23
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Darth Tater
Oh, and the admins ARE a bunch of immature kids, and those who aren't kids are just WAY too immature for their ages, at least you know the truth now
Tell me something I didn't know

Say RE, can I ask what's that list about?
Old 04-02-2002, 02:03 PM   #24
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

This is probably going to PO some people, but oh well. First, everyone that has been on this board for awhile knows the way it is, and that tater loves jokes, so I fail to see why any regular member is surprised at what happened yesterday, and frankly with that forknowledge, if I didn't want to be on the receiving end of a possible joke that was most likely anticipated, then I would not have gotten involved that day by making any posts. Second, It seems like eveyone who is upset, acts as if they have never played a joke on another. I doubt that. None of us are so innocent. There are others that are complaining about it now that were having fun with it while it was happening. JD semms fine with the outcome, but it seems some of his troops are acting like it was such a hurtful joke, when in actualality, they are just upset because they didn't get to carry out there plan. Playing both sides of the coin is rediculous. It was a fun thing never intended to hurt anyone. So, quit whining and have a sense of humor. There's always next year. Now you'll know what to expect then. You should have known yesterday.
Sister Golden Hair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2002, 02:13 PM   #25
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Sister Golden Hair
There's always next year. Now you'll know what to expect then. You should have known yesterday.
Perhaps I should have known yesterday but I didn't. I'll try be less naieve in the future. But next year... We'll know what to expect? Not so sure though, no offence but you guys have overactive brainways when it comes to pranks. But I've got to hand it to you, you sure know how to keep this board lively. Just please don't do this too often.
Old 04-02-2002, 02:20 PM   #26
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Eärniel

Perhaps I should have known yesterday but I didn't. I'll try be less naieve in the future. But next year... We'll know what to expect? Not so sure though, no offence but you guys have overactive brainways when it comes to pranks. But I've got to hand it to you, you sure know how to keep this board lively. Just please don't do this too often.
Alas, I am but a lowly moderator. I don't plan, I just play along.
Old 04-02-2002, 02:27 PM   #27
Darth Tater
The man

I wouldn't have expected ANYONE to fall for ANYTHING on April 1st until Pink n Purple day when ppl actually believed the database story! Ya'll are just so brilliant But RE, you know you're just upset cause you didn't get to take over the moot
Darth Tater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2002, 02:30 PM   #28
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Exactly!
Old 04-02-2002, 03:10 PM   #29
markedel
'Sober' Mullet Frosh

I think we should mount a revolt just to see how other people react

Old 04-02-2002, 03:23 PM   #30
Comic Book Guy
Best Ex-Administrator ever

What I find funny is the way members say that they give us their respect, love etc. I never see any of this, only the sucking up kind, and yet we have to put up with abuse and ungrateful comments, even though we all work (and in some cases, pay) for their enjoyment.

Not to mention unfunny, immature jokes from some members.
Comic Book Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2002, 03:25 PM   #31
Rána Eressëa
The Rogue Elf

I'm upset because it's amazes me how some people can be such immature jackasses. No offence, of course. Please excuse me for my extensive trust and loyalty, not to mention my former high opinion of those that ran the board. Sometimes jokes go too far. I see you fail to recognize that for your blind abstrusity.

Last edited by Rána Eressëa : 04-02-2002 at 03:40 PM.
Old 04-02-2002, 03:31 PM   #32
Comic Book Guy

Quote:
I'm upset because it's amazes me how some people can be such immature jackasses.
You'll get used to it after reading about 592 posts.
Old 04-02-2002, 03:37 PM   #33
Rána Eressëa
The Rogue Elf

Quote:
Originally posted by Comic Book Guy
You'll get used to it after reading about 592 posts.
Oh, why thank you for the honest opinion you have of me. I believe if by all calculations it should be at the least 646.

I'm sorry, but being mocked and lied to isn't exactly my idea of a good time.

Last edited by Rána Eressëa : 04-02-2002 at 03:49 PM.
Old 04-02-2002, 03:48 PM   #34
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

RE, I fail to see why you of all people have a problem with yesterday. I was there, in the chatroom while you and JD were making your plans and trying to scare Tristan. How mature is that? You didn't care about the joke, as much as you cared about not getting to launch your attack. There are no injured parties in this, just a lot of soreheads that didn't get the chance to get even.
Old 04-02-2002, 03:52 PM   #35
Rána Eressëa
The Rogue Elf

Quote:
RE, I fail to see why you of all people have a problem with yesterday. I was there, in the chatroom while you and JD were making your plans and trying to scare Tristan. How mature is that? You didn't care about the joke, as much as you cared about not getting to launch your attack. There are no injured parties in this, just a lot of soreheads that didn't get the chance to get even.
Oops, my bad, I didn't know standing up for a friend was considered immature. Maybe next time I won't do that.
Old 04-02-2002, 03:56 PM   #36
Arian
Elven Warrior

O that April Fool's joke was so mean. Come on. I got picked on. But O well. It was funny. And Tater I was not kiss up on Freddie.
Old 04-02-2002, 04:04 PM   #37
Comic Book Guy

Quote:
Oops, my bad, I didn't know standing up for a friend was considered immature
It isn't.

The actions you use doing it can be though.
Old 04-02-2002, 04:09 PM   #38
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Rána Eressëa

Oops, my bad, I didn't know standing up for a friend was considered immature. Maybe next time I won't do that.
Nothing wrong with that. I assume you are refering to tater, but once you knew it was a joke, and he was a big part of the joke, I guess he isn't your friend anymore huh? I wouldn't try to disguise it with something like "sticking up for a friend" when it really boils down to just wanting a piece of the action, but it didn't go my way kinda thing. Spare me the double standards. Freindship had nothing to do with it. Maybe next time you shouldn't do that. Then you won't have anything to whine about.
Old 04-02-2002, 04:17 PM   #39
Pailan
Elven Warrior

Ah, I should've known after the glories of Pink and Purple day that April 1 would be a fun day. As Sam said,
Quote:
Well, one can't be everywhere at once, I suppose...But I missed a lot, seemingly.

"Who knows, Robin? This strange mixing of minds may be the greatest single sevice ever performed for humanity! Let's go, but, inconspicuosly, through the window. We'll use our Batropes. Our job is finished."

Oh, btw, Frodo lives.
Pailan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2002, 04:17 PM   #40
Arian
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Nothing wrong with that. I assume you are refering to tater, but once you knew it was a joke, and he was a big part of the joke, I guess he isn't your friend anymore huh? I wouldn't try to disguise it with something like "sticking up for a friend" when it really boils down to just wanting a piece of the action, but it didn't go my way kinda thing. Spare me the double standards. Freindship had nothing to do with it. Maybe next time you shouldn't do that. Then you won't have anything to whine about.
Well heee, I think everyone is Tater's friend until the Freddie thing. lol.