Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-10-2003, 07:01 PM   #21
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Gollum

Well, I just bought my package of The Lord of the Rings, The Two Towers VALENTINES! heehee! Tacky, but I love it! There are ten different ones. The one with Frodo says "Our friendship rings true!" aack! Legolas's says "Hope your Valentine's Day is on target!", Sam's...."One friendship to rule them all.",.... and Aragorn..."There are great things ahead for you, Valentine!" , also Gandalf TW, Eowyn, Treebeard, Gimli, Merry and Pippen, and a shot of GTW, Aragorn and Legolas on horseback. What next!
Old 01-10-2003, 07:26 PM   #22
BandobrasBaggins
Sapling

I have numerous posters, Lord of the Rings Risk, and Sting. Sting was expensive but it's like a real movie prop.
BandobrasBaggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2003, 05:21 AM   #23
Gwaimir Windgem
Dread Mothy Lord and Halfwitted Apprentice Loremaster

I don't have any merchandise, though I work at BK, where they sell the Accursed Mugs. I must confess that I intended to buy one once.

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Gwaimir Windgem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2003, 11:03 AM   #24
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

I have a complete set of the Burger King fiqures ( via a garage sale) connected to the "One Ring", on a lazy susan in our family room. Everybody enjoys spinning it, and the figures that speak (Legolas, Gimli, Gandalf, Frodo, Bilbo, Elrond, and Boromir) are the most popular. All the other figures light up in ways related to their roles in the FoTR movie.

I've never seen the mugs, but I hate mugs! (all mugs, as a whole) Mugs are such a clunky way to drink! I like a beautiful glass, stemware, goblet, wine glass, delicate tumbler, or if I had to pretend I was a Dwarf, I would go with an ornately decorated stien. Mugs, ugh, *clunk*. The BK ones are glass with a LOTR decal fused on I guess? Mugs don't work with the natural bend of the wrist, hard to drink from. (bet you never realized someone could go on so about mugs! . I'm an ardent collector of beautiful objects from times past!) Which characters are on the mugs?

I hoping (from a collector's veiwpoint) that there will be a new issue of "stuff" from a fast food chain, to promote The Two Towers, but nothing seems to be coming. Well, I can send a valentine to Elvet, after that my list of recipients who would appreciate such a momento becomes "slim".

Last edited by Lizra : 01-11-2003 at 11:05 AM.
Lizra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2003, 02:05 PM   #25
Firekitten2006
Elven Warrior

Location: the US of A! But I wish i was in austraila, never been, just think it would be a fun place to live :)
I thought i had seen everything! lol But I guess there's more.

I didnt know that there were happy meal toys :P I guess we dont get them here lol
Old 01-11-2003, 06:56 PM   #26
Celebréiel
Elven Warrior

Nazgul

Is anyone else as freaked out by the Lotr bobble head dolls they have at the newline shop? Those things scare the pants off me.
I have a Ted Nasmith calander, super pretty, and a couple movie posters. Alot more stuff but its all pretty normal, books, etc.
~Celebréiel
Celebréiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2003, 07:00 PM   #27
legolasluvr2931
Hobbit

i'm a total LOTR freak but i dont have all that many things...
I have the FOTR movie poster (another one on the way) I have a Legolas figure thingy and a whold lot of pictures. I want a sword and a bow and quiver of arrows but my mom thinks that they are not something that she would like to have around the house w/ my little sis around
legolasluvr2931 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2003, 11:06 PM   #28
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Bobble-heads! ewwwwwww (A Gollum bobble-head would be really ugly/funny)
Old 01-11-2003, 11:20 PM   #29
crickhollow
The Buckleberry Fairy/Captain

Quote:
Originally posted by Celebréiel
Is anyone else as freaked out by the Lotr bobble head dolls they have at the newline shop? Those things scare the pants off me.
I have a Ted Nasmith calander, super pretty, and a couple movie posters. Alot more stuff but its all pretty normal, books, etc.
~Celebréiel
I just looked 'em up--those are scary...too bad there isn't a Gollum one, though.
crickhollow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2003, 02:07 AM   #30
cassiopeia
Viggoholic

I want an Aragorn bobble head for my car! I have a LOTR poster, a framed picture of Frodo holding the ring and 2 LOTR calenders. I have the 2 CD soundtracks, the extended FOTR DVD, the extended FOTR VHS version and the VHS theatrical version. I hope PJ is happy! I have a mug with The Hobbit written on it. It has nothing to do with the movies, I bought it at a play of The Hobbit I saw a few years ago.
Old 01-24-2003, 08:16 PM   #31
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

My daughter brought home some bookmarks that were free at her high school library. They have beautiful pictures from TTT on both sides. She brought home a sizeable stack and I have some extra Eomer/Eowyn....Gimli/Legolas....Aragorn/Arwen....and one extra Samwise/King Theoden (odd pairing!) PM me if you would like a couple!
Old 02-15-2003, 09:58 PM   #32
cee2lee2
Elf Lord

For Valentine's Day my husband gave me the Elven brooch that clasped the fellowship's cloaks. I had been thinking about buying it for myself but had talked myself out of it (you know, the $$ could be spent on something more practical that we need.) Isn't he a sweetie!

Now, if I start dropping hints about needing a cloak, maybe he'll get me one of the elven cloaks being sold at Te Papa and made by the weavers who made them for the movie.
cee2lee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2003, 10:09 PM   #33
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

That sounds lovely! My husband got me an Argonath snow globe for my bday. 8 or 9 inch resin Argonath on each side of a round snowglobe that has three tiny boats sailing. Good husbands!
Old 03-16-2003, 02:15 PM   #34
gimli7410
the dumb stoner canuck

has anyone ever bought the weapons of the characters from www.noblecollection.com
"Trying is the first step to failure" Homer Simpson
"It isn't going to be easy"-jerseydevil
"only the good die young"
I AM CANADIAN

If the people lead, the leaders will follow.
gimli7410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2003, 08:53 PM   #35
Shadowfax
The Fleet-Footed

No, but I've heard good things about Blades by Brown Cutlery if you're looking at buying a sword.

"To remain ignorant of things that happened before you were born is to remain a child" (Cicero, 106-43 B.C.)

"Art is a lie which makes us realize the truth" (Picasso)
Shadowfax is offline   Reply With Quote