the Shrike

I'm a sheep...

... stop laughing!
Old 01-23-2004, 05:57 AM   #22
Jonathan
Entmoot Attorney-General,
Equilibrating the Scales of Justice, Administrator

How perfectly fitting

Btw, that was your 6666th post. You should leave it there and start posting as Sheeana again
An unwritten post is a delightful universe of infinite possibilities. Set down one word, however, and it immediately becomes earthbound. Set down one sentence and it’s halfway to being just like every other bloody entry that’s ever been written.
Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2004, 06:02 AM   #23
jerseydevil
I am Freddie/UNDERCOVER/ Founder of The Great Continent of Entmoot

Quote:
Originally posted by BeardofPants
I'm a sheep...

... stop laughing!
ROTFLMAO - sorry just couldn't help it.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

Memorial to the Twin Towers
New Jersey Map
Fellowship of the Messageboard
Legend of the Jersey Devil
Support New Jersey's Liberty Tower
Peacefire.org

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide

jerseydevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2004, 01:13 PM   #24
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Dúnedain
Snakes and Roosters are compatible
Are they now?
Quote:
Do you come here often?

Can I buy you a drink?

Would you like to dance?

Yes. Yes. Why not? How about the Teacup Cafe at eight?

Quote:
Originally posted by She-bop
I'm a sheep...

... stop laughing!
Does sniggering count?
Old 01-23-2004, 01:40 PM   #25
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

lol, I think crick is using her powers to manipulate the text

I know not what she speaks of
'Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta!' - And those were the words that Elendil spoke when he came up out of the Sea on the wings of the wind: 'Out of the Great Sea to Middle-earth I am come. In this place will I abide, and my heirs, unto the ending of the world.'

'Then Tuor arrayed himself in the hauberk, and set the helm upon his head, and he girt himself with the sword; black were sheath and belt with clasps of silver. Thus armed he went forth from Turgon's hall, and stood upon the high terraces of Taras in the red light of the sun. None were there to see him, as he gazed westward, gleaming in silver and gold, and he knew not that in that hour he appeared as one of the Mighty of the West, and fit to be father of the kings of the Kings of Men beyond the Sea, as it was indeed his doom to be; but in the taking of those arms a change came upon Tuor son of Huor, and his heart grew great within him. And as he stepped down from the doors the swans did him reverence, and plucking each a great feather from their wings they proffered them to him, laying their long necks upon the stone before his feet; and he took the seven feathers and set them in the crest of his helm, and straightway the swans arose and flew north in the sunset, and Tuor saw them no more.' -Of Tuor and his Coming to Gondolin

"Oh. Forgive me, fairest of all males of Entmoot...Back down, all ye other wannabe fairest males! Dunedain is the fairest!"
--Linaewen
Dúnedain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2004, 01:41 PM   #26
Ruinel
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Insidious Rex
Everyone wearing their monkey underwear I hope.
[sing-song chant]GO MONKEY.. GO MONKEY.. ooOOH ooOOH ooOOH!!![/sing-song chant]
Ruinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2004, 01:45 PM   #27
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

Quote:
Everyone wearing their monkey underwear I hope.
If the BoPper comes back around, we'll know sure enough!

Last edited by Valandil : 01-23-2004 at 01:59 PM.
Valandil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2004, 01:47 PM   #28
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

Quote:
lol, I think crick is using her powers to manipulate the text

I know not what she speaks of
Oh sure! I bet you have that line saved on your computer and just paste it in wherever you please!

Be careful Earniel... he's a real snake!!!

I'm a TIGER!... ROAR!!!
Valandil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2004, 02:35 PM   #29
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

According to the link above, here is my description:

"The Year Of The Snake

1917, 1929, 1941, 1953, 1965, 1977, 1989, 2001

People born in the Year of the Snake are deep. They say little and possess great wisdom. They never have to worry about money; they are financially fortunate. Snake people are often quite vain, selfish, and a bit stingy. Yet they have tremendous sympathy for others and try to help those less fortunate. Snake people tend to overdo, since they have doubts about other people's judgment and prefer to rely on themselves. They are determined in whatever they do and hate to fail. Although calm on the surface, they are intense and passionate. Snake people are usually good-looking and sometimes have martial problems because they are fickle. They are most compatible with the Ox and Rooster."

The majority of it is true. The biggest difference with that and me is the fickle part. I am certainly not fickle, lol. Well not completely fickle, I mean we are all fickle to an extent, but I am not fickle in the sense of it causing major problems, lol I tend to say a lot compared to a little, but of course that depends on the circumstance and what is at hand. I wish I could say I am financially fortunate, lol, at this time I am not, but I will be, I know I will be I will admit, I am pretty damn vain, but I am not fully selfish, only sometimes, and I've never been one to be stingy, especially with the ladies I am very sympathetic to the less fortunate and in my past have volunteered for a number of things. It is true that I doubt the judgement of others and tend to rely on myself for the majority of things. The next couple things are completely true about myself:

"They are determined in whatever they do and hate to fail. Although calm on the surface, they are intense and passionate. Snake people are usually good-looking"

I do have great determination, especially in things I really want. I do remain rather calm on the exterior, I am of the calm-fiery type. And of course to keep vanity in it's highest respect, I am of course good-looking
'Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta!' - And those were the words that Elendil spoke when he came up out of the Sea on the wings of the wind: 'Out of the Great Sea to Middle-earth I am come. In this place will I abide, and my heirs, unto the ending of the world.'

'Then Tuor arrayed himself in the hauberk, and set the helm upon his head, and he girt himself with the sword; black were sheath and belt with clasps of silver. Thus armed he went forth from Turgon's hall, and stood upon the high terraces of Taras in the red light of the sun. None were there to see him, as he gazed westward, gleaming in silver and gold, and he knew not that in that hour he appeared as one of the Mighty of the West, and fit to be father of the kings of the Kings of Men beyond the Sea, as it was indeed his doom to be; but in the taking of those arms a change came upon Tuor son of Huor, and his heart grew great within him. And as he stepped down from the doors the swans did him reverence, and plucking each a great feather from their wings they proffered them to him, laying their long necks upon the stone before his feet; and he took the seven feathers and set them in the crest of his helm, and straightway the swans arose and flew north in the sunset, and Tuor saw them no more.' -Of Tuor and his Coming to Gondolin

"Oh. Forgive me, fairest of all males of Entmoot...Back down, all ye other wannabe fairest males! Dunedain is the fairest!"
--Linaewen
Dúnedain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2004, 04:59 PM   #30
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Quote:
Originally posted by Valandil
If the BoPper comes back around, we'll know sure enough!
I took a peek, Valandil, and you ain't wearing 'em. Neither are you Ruinel.

not even gonna comment on Dunadain's skiddies....
Old 01-23-2004, 05:07 PM   #31
Falagar
Death of Mooters and [Entmoot] Internal Affairs

I'm a Rabbit. Yay.

"People born in the Year of the Rabbit are articulate, talented, and ambitious. They are virtuous, reserved, and have excellent taste. Rabbit people are admired, trusted, and are often financially lucky. They are fond of gossip but are tactful and generally kind. Rabbit people seldom lose their temper. They are clever at business and being conscientious, never back out of a contract. They would make good gamblers for they have the uncanny gift of choosing the right thing. However, they seldom gamble, as they are conservative and wise. They are most compatible with those born in the years of the Sheep, Pig, and Dog."

That's me on the spot!
Old 01-23-2004, 05:15 PM   #32
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

How come they all seem to have just positive things about them?Where are the ones that are unlucky and negative? Seems like they need to balance things out a bit to make it more realistic. Wheres the one that says "If you were born in such and such year yer a real scum bag..."

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
Insidious Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2004, 05:22 PM   #33
Falagar

Quote:
How come they all seem to have just positive things about them?Where are the ones that are unlucky and negative? Seems like they need to balance things out a bit to make it more realistic. Wheres the one that says "If you were born in such and such year yer a real scum bag..."
Probably because they're trying to make Chinese culture popular. You don't make friends (or tourists) by telling them they're big, fat and ugly.

And of course; deep, deep, deep down there's a nice gene in all of us. At least in some.

Last edited by Falagar : 01-23-2004 at 05:23 PM.
Falagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2004, 06:37 PM   #34
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Valandil
Be careful Earniel... he's a real snake!!!

I'm a TIGER!... ROAR!!!
Don't worry, I can handle myself.

You on the other side, better watch yourself. Tiger-parts are a much wanted ingredient in some traditional chinese medicine. Who knows what they'll use you for.

Quote:
People born in the Year of the Rooster are deep thinkers, capable, and talented.They like to be busy and are devoted beyond their capabilities and are deeply disappointed if they fail. People born in the Rooster Year are often a bit eccentric, and often have rather difficult relationship with others. They always think they are right and usually are! They frequently are loners and though they give the outward impression of being adventurous, they are timid. Rooster people's emotions like their fortunes, swing very high to very low. They can be selfish and too outspoken, but are always interesting and can be extremely brave. They are most compatible with Ox, Snake, and Dragon.

Deep thinker? Hardly. Capable? Nope. Eccentric? Nah, or maybe just a tiny weeny bit. Outspoken? Far cry. Selfish? Well...*cough* never
Old 01-24-2004, 02:26 AM   #35
Starr Polish
Elf Lord

Location: Slow down and I sail on the river, slow down and I walk to the hill
Tiger people are sensitive, given to deep thinking, capable of great sympathy. They can be extremely short-tempered, however. Other people have great respect for them, but sometimes tiger people come into conflict with older people or those in authority. sometimes Tiger people cannot make up their minds, which can result in a poor, hasty decision or a sound decision arrived at too late. They are suspicious of others, but they are courageous and powerful. Tigers are most compatible with Horses, Dragons, and Dogs

They definitely weren't all positive in the tiger area. It's creepy...very much true, I think...the good and the bad.
Old 01-24-2004, 05:04 AM   #36
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

I'm a bit late, but Happy New Year! I know it was on Thursday, but what the hey. I am a Pig!

Pumba: Are you achin? For some bacon? You can be a big pig too. huh!
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Nurvingiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2004, 06:49 AM   #37
Linaewen
Fair Dinkum

Quote:
Originally posted by Falagar
I'm a Rabbit. Yay.
What? I thought you only a few years older than me, not 12 years older! (Or the same age?! ) I'm a rabbit too! My sister and dad are both monkeys; mum and I think it suits them very well. That rabbit description seems right on the money too.

<-- Articulate, talented, and ambitious.

Last edited by Linaewen : 01-24-2004 at 06:52 AM.
Linaewen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2004, 08:45 AM   #38
Falagar

Quote:
Originally posted by Linaewen
What? I thought you only a few years older than me, not 12 years older! (Or the same age?! ) I'm a rabbit too! My sister and dad are both monkeys; mum and I think it suits them very well. That rabbit description seems right on the money too.

<-- Articulate, talented, and ambitious.
Or perhaps you're 12 years older than me!
Old 01-24-2004, 08:57 AM   #39
Artanis
Greatest Elven woman of Aman

Heh - this is perfect for finding out how old people are.

I'm a Horse.
Old 01-24-2004, 09:01 AM   #40
Linaewen
Fair Dinkum

Quote:
Originally posted by Falagar
Or perhaps you're 12 years older than me!
Falagar, I had NO idea you were 5 years old! My, my, you are one smart young man!

Arty, are you 86 years old?
Linaewen is offline   Reply With Quote