Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entertainment Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 11-18-2002, 10:35 PM   #21
Treebeard's apprentice
Elven Warrior

Isn't that contradictory? Doing the same plot over and over seems pretty consistent to me.
Treebeard's apprentice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2002, 01:19 AM   #22
Wayfarer
The Insufferable

But that's repetition, not continuity.

Majora's mask follows Ocarina of Time. That's continuity. OOC and OOA are the same story-that's continuity. But a the original Zelda, A Link to The Past, and Ocarina of Time all contradict.

And there's things like the way Jabu Jabu's belly is in both OOT and OOA. It makes no sense.
Old 11-20-2002, 01:15 AM   #23
Nibs
Head Hollara

Yeah! And next episode, he's gonna be a CARTOON! I can't wait!

Heh... the stories never really bothered me... as long as I have a bow, I'm happy.

Ever heard of Mormons? I'm one. Click here to know more about us.
Nibs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2002, 11:14 PM   #24
katya
Elven Maiden

Quote:
Originally posted by Nibs
"Link... fill up your hearts... so you can shoot... you're sword power..."

Ah, the lyrics refer to the classic "Link to the Past" from the SNES. Though when I had that song, it listed the artist as "The Rabbit Joint" or something crazy like that.

Actually that would be the only one I ever really play. i have Oracle of Time for Game Boy too. I really like SNES actually. I usually enjoy it more than newer systems. (note:usually) It's funny how that lyric is so...i don't know. it's odd. OH by the way on mine teh artist is listed as "3" (well actually I changed it, but...) which isn't as cool as "The Rabbit Joint" but...yeah...
katya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2002, 10:50 AM   #25
RosieCotton
Elven Warrior

I disagree. Majora's Mask was very different from The Ocarina of Time. I have played the Ocarina of Time about 6 times, so its getting a bit easy....but I'd have to say it's my favorite game.

Rosie
He snatches the moons from out of the sky.
RosieCotton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2002, 10:16 AM   #26
Faelnor
Sapling

Mmmmm, The Legend of Zelda, my favorite games. I've played(but not beaten, too lazy to do everything. But I got most of the way through)the NES, SNES, GB, and N64 games. I beat OoT and MM many times, but the others......
-Faelnor, Elf of way too many "Elf of" things.
Ummm, yeah....that's it....riiiiiight.-Me, somewhere.
Faelnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 10:54 AM   #27
Arien the Maia
Fëanáro's Fire Mistress

Does anyone know where I can get the Legend of Zelda Collector's Edition for Gamecube without buying a Gamecube? Probably on Ebay but I was wondering if anyone knew of any stores online that sell this promotional game.
Arien the Maia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 02:39 AM   #28
Anglorfin
Alasailon

Quote:
Originally posted by Treebeard's apprentice
Isn't that contradictory? Doing the same plot over and over seems pretty consistent to me.
The stories contradict because supposedly there has been more than one Link. Like how the little boy in WW is not really the Link we know from OoT and MM. It's just sorta like there's a mythical hero all throughout history to protect the Hyrulian royal line, thus the spirit if Link is reincarnated in different people as needed.

"Anglorfin was tall and straight; his hair was of shining gold, his face fair and young and fearless and full of anger; his eyes were bright and keen, and his voice like music; on his brow sat wisdom, and in his hand was great skill."
Anglorfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 07:52 PM   #29
Arien the Maia
Fëanáro's Fire Mistress

I suppose my favorite Zelda Game is ocarina of time...but I really like them all. I've played them all except the game boy and game boy advanced ones. I'm in the process now of getting the Zelda 4 pack promotional game for Gamecube. it has the original Zelda, and the 2nd one for NES plus the 2 for 64. I can't wait!!!!!! one time i even dressed up like Link for Halloween!
Old 03-27-2004, 12:23 AM   #30
Lady Ravyn
Thief Queen of Entmoot

i love zelda! i'm almost done with the ocarina of time, but we have majora's mask, which my little bro is obsessed with (i think he only has one more temple to go) i wish they had more games on n64

Proud Member of the Evil Mooters and upstanding citizen of the Planet Bob!

And all you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be...

My Space!

Cynicism is what happens when a person opens their eyes; stops blinking in the sun, and starts wondering "why". Question everything, believe only that which you yourself deem true. Go ahead- Call me cynical.
Lady Ravyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 11:55 PM   #31
IronParrot
Fowl Administrator

I never got into Zelda until about a year ago, and I can't believe I missed out on such a great series all these years.

I've completed A Link to the Past and The Wind Waker, two of my favourite games of all time on any system, and am some ways through Ocarina by way of the Collector's Edition disc for the Cube. I've also played a bit of the Oracle titles for Game Boy Color thanks to several hours abord Singapore Air, but didn't get into them as much - I don't consider them as integral a part of the series proper.

As far as internal consistency goes, it's true that there isn't really any. My approach to the series is that the individual entries are really just permutations of an ancient legend, hence the title of the series, The Legend of Zelda. Outside of that, the reality is that plot consistency was never something taken into much consideration in game design until the late '90s. Trying to establish total consistency is futile and arguably as problematic as doing the same with, say, Star Trek; I think the varied approaches to the trinity of Power, Courage and Wisdom (and the Hero, Princess and Villain) lend themselves to a certain timelessness that isn't overly repetitive.

There already is a multiplayer Zelda for GBA, Four Swords, which is similar to LttP in look and feel but relies on cooperative dungeon-crawling. I'm quite looking forward to Four Swords Adventures, the upcoming GameCube version of this.
All of IronParrot's posts are guaranteed to be 100% intelligent and/or sarcastic, comprising no genetically modified content and tested on no cute furry little animals unless the SPCA is looking elsewhere. If you observe a failure to uphold this warranty, please contact a forum administrator immediately to receive a full refund on your Entmoot registration.

Blog: Nick's Café Canadien
IronParrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 01:47 PM   #32
The Ben
Really Smelly Orc

Oh ROCK ON! I love the Zelda Seiries.
Old 07-09-2005, 12:03 AM   #33
Arien the Maia
Fëanáro's Fire Mistress

What does everyone think of the new Zelda game "Twilight Princess"? I can't wait to play it this winter!!!!!!
Old 07-29-2005, 09:00 AM   #34
IronParrot
Fowl Administrator

I'm honestly more excited for Twilight Princess than for anything coming out on Xbox 360, which is going to be released around the same time. It's on par with the first wave of next-generation titles, which I find are dropping on us way too prematurely.

I adore the Wind Waker look, and Princess doesn't seem to have any of that lush, adorable greenery, but it's got a very unique tone to call its own - kind of like what everybody remembers Ocarina of Time to be, before they realize that N64 graphics look kind of clunky nowadays.
All of IronParrot's posts are guaranteed to be 100% intelligent and/or sarcastic, comprising no genetically modified content and tested on no cute furry little animals unless the SPCA is looking elsewhere. If you observe a failure to uphold this warranty, please contact a forum administrator immediately to receive a full refund on your Entmoot registration.

Blog: Nick's Café Canadien
IronParrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 04:07 PM   #35
b.banner
Elf Lord

Location: Trying to keep a hold on my temper so I don't turn into a big green guy.
I love Zelda the best game out there!i have beaten ocarina of time majoras mask the minsih cap(for gameboy)and and windwaker. i am looking forward to the twighlight princess!
"We are going to tickle some Aes Sedai under the chin, rescue a mule, and put a snip-nosed girl on the Lion Throne. Oh, yes. That's Aviendha. Don't look at her cross-wise or she'll try to cut your throat and probably slit her own by mistake."-Mat Cauthon from Wheel of Time

"Don't make me angry, you wouldn't like me when I'm angry...."-Dr. Bruce Banner
HULK
BATMAN
THE FLASH
b.banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 08:40 PM   #36
Arien the Maia
Fëanáro's Fire Mistress

I just saw the new 2006 trailer to Twilight Princess! I can't wait to play it! They keep delaying the relase date! grrrrrr! does anyone know when it will be? I'm assuming near the end of the year.
Old 07-13-2006, 02:00 AM   #37
Farimir Captain of Gondor
Spaceman Spiff

Location: In the belly of a Firefly, living in Serenity is where you'll find me
I can't believe I never saw this thread! Link rocks! Yeah, I don't know Arien. They do keep delaying it. I figure it will be out around Christmas. I heard there was a lot of things the creator wanted to change and then they wanted to wait for the christmas season to release it.

I loved, loved, loved The Wind Waker. I play it all the time. I actually bought a GC just for this game. I even got my grandma hooked on it. She's all exited about Twilight Princess too. My favorite has to be the original though. I remember playing that game for weeks as a kid. My Mom had to take away my Nintendo I played it so much. The second one was terrible though. The one where it was more of a platform game. Blah. Ocarina of Time was a great one! The best N64 game next to Goldeneye, IMO.
Old 07-13-2006, 04:46 PM   #38
Arien the Maia
Fëanáro's Fire Mistress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farimir Captain of Gondor
I can't believe I never saw this thread! Link rocks! Yeah, I don't know Arien. They do keep delaying it. I figure it will be out around Christmas. I heard there was a lot of things the creator wanted to change and then they wanted to wait for the christmas season to release it.

I loved, loved, loved The Wind Waker. I play it all the time. I actually bought a GC just for this game. I even got my grandma hooked on it. She's all exited about Twilight Princess too. My favorite has to be the original though. I remember playing that game for weeks as a kid. My Mom had to take away my Nintendo I played it so much. The second one was terrible though. The one where it was more of a platform game. Blah. Ocarina of Time was a great one! The best N64 game next to Goldeneye, IMO.

I love Wind WAker too! I'm actaully playing it right now. I have the special anniversary collection for GC and it has the 2 Zelda's for NES as well as both for 64 on it. It rocks! I highly recommend getting it! Ocarina of Time was/is my favorite...actually iot's sort of tied with Wind Waker right now.
Old 07-13-2006, 08:25 PM   #39
Farimir Captain of Gondor
Spaceman Spiff

Location: In the belly of a Firefly, living in Serenity is where you'll find me
I don't know about you but I just love cruisin' aroung treasure hunting. I'll spend hours just bringing up chests. It's hilarious when he pulls up a boot instead of a chest. I laugh my ass off when that happens.
Old 07-13-2006, 08:54 PM   #40
Arien the Maia
Fëanáro's Fire Mistress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farimir Captain of Gondor
I don't know about you but I just love cruisin' aroung treasure hunting. I'll spend hours just bringing up chests. It's hilarious when he pulls up a boot instead of a chest. I laugh my ass off when that happens.

I thin kit's easier to treasure hunt in the other zelda games than in Wind WAker. but it is rather funny to see him pull that boot up!