Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entertainment Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 05-10-2003, 05:31 PM   #21
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

What was the name of the important vulcan lady who was doing the ceremony when Spock "went in heat"? : She pronounced Kirk in a hilarious way. Ooh, that Indian one! Forgot about that! Kirk and Shana, (was that the name of the Barbarella babe?) what a couple!
Old 05-10-2003, 05:51 PM   #22
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Lizra
What was the name of the important vulcan lady who was doing the ceremony when Spock "went in heat"? : She pronounced Kirk in a hilarious way. Ooh, that Indian one! Forgot about that! Kirk and Shana, (was that the name of the Barbarella babe?) what a couple!
The Indian girl's name was Maramonte, and the Vulcan lady's name was Tupal.

"North away." he said: "to the swords, and the siege, and the walls of defence - that yet for a while in Beleriand rivers may run clean, leaves spring, and birds build their nests, ere Night comes."

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide
Sister Golden Hair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2003, 06:04 PM   #23
Ruinel
Banned

Actually... I remember watching the original series when I was a kid. They would come on in the afternoons on Saturdays, right after lunch. I'd come in for lunch and watch the show. But I don't know if you can get them anymore??? I haven't seen them for a very long time.

I bow to SGH's Star Trek knowledge. Don't be fooled by her love of Tolkien... she's really a trekkie! lol!

I've seen all the STNG series, and also the DS9 episodes, and Voyager, and I was watching the new one Enterprise, but I really don't watch a lot of TV. I would only watch that, Farscape, Southpark, and some news. But I just don't watch anything anymore... nothing is really on worth the trouble.

I think the people from the planet that DS9 hovered over (dang, sorry, I don't recall their name) were pretty interesting people. They had the weird noses and wore the ear clips with the dangly things. GAH! I really sound ignorant of all this don't I? Ok, I don't know much about the shows.
Ruinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2003, 06:05 PM   #24
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

I jump around too much! I realize the indian girl wasn't Shana. (I didn't remember her name though! I just was thinking of some of the episodes where Kirk was so "hammy", and Shana comes to mind.....when he's explaining the "lights in the sky" to the iron age woman who looks like blank Barbarella. I think that was the one with the overly evolved "brains" who liked to watch the humanoids "be real". You must be a big Star Trek fan SGH! You certainly have a better memory than me!

Last edited by Lizra : 05-10-2003 at 06:06 PM.
Lizra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2003, 06:23 PM   #25
Jesus Freak
Enting

shoulden't this be under entertainment?
Jesus Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2003, 06:26 PM   #26
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Lizra
I jump around too much! I realize the indian girl wasn't Shana. (I didn't remember her name though! I just was thinking of some of the episodes where Kirk was so "hammy", and Shana comes to mind.....when he's explaining the "lights in the sky" to the iron age woman who looks like blank Barbarella. I think that was the one with the overly evolved "brains" who liked to watch the humanoids "be real". You must be a big Star Trek fan SGH! You certainly have a better memory than me!
Ah, you are thinking of the episode called "The Gamesters of Triskillion" (sp) That's the one where Kirk, Chekov, and Uhura are hijacked from the transporter pad and made into thralls. Shana was Kirks drill thrall. They had to wear these collars of obedience and there were these superior creatures that lived underground and would place wagers on their fights.

"North away." he said: "to the swords, and the siege, and the walls of defence - that yet for a while in Beleriand rivers may run clean, leaves spring, and birds build their nests, ere Night comes."

Travel and Tourism Guide
Old 05-10-2003, 06:29 PM   #27
Ruinel
Banned

WOW! That's impressive, SGH! I remember that episode... I thought it was one of the worst. What was the one where the big glowing 'horn of plenty' was eating all the planets?
Old 05-10-2003, 06:40 PM   #28
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Ruinel
WOW! That's impressive, SGH! I remember that episode... I thought it was one of the worst. What was the one where the big glowing 'horn of plenty' was eating all the planets?
The Doomsday Machine.

Travel and Tourism Guide
Old 05-10-2003, 06:44 PM   #29
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Jesus Freak
shoulden't this be under entertainment?
Yeah, but I like it here. I am going to let Khamul move it if he wants. It won't get the same attention in that forum.

Bad moderater SGH. Beats self in the head with the stick of wrath.

Travel and Tourism Guide
Old 05-10-2003, 06:49 PM   #30
Sheeana
Lord of the Pants

Quote:
Originally posted by Sister Golden Hair
Bad moderater SGH. Beats self in the head with the stick of wrath.
Definately a Kodak moment.
Sheeana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2003, 06:51 PM   #31
Ruinel
Banned

Quote:
The Doomsday Machine.
GAH! WOW!

Ok, what about the one where Clingons (or Klingons) were transported to Enterprise, all the phasers disappeared and everyone was carrying a sword. And there were these flashy swirly beings encouraging everyone to start fighting.
Old 05-10-2003, 06:53 PM   #32
Sheeana
Lord of the Pants

Quote:
Ah, you are thinking of the episode called "The Gamesters of Triskillion"
God, that was such a dumb episode. I definately hated how Kirk would always have sililoquies with all the 'primitive' women, and teach them how to love. Eeesh.
Sheeana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2003, 06:57 PM   #33
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Quote:
GAH! WOW!

Ok, what about the one where Clingons (or Klingons) were transported to Enterprise, all the phasers disappeared and everyone was carrying a sword. And there were these flashy swirly beings encouraging everyone to start fighting.
That was called "The Day of the Dove" There was an intity that thrived off of hatred and all of their weopons were useless. If they got killed, they would come back to life. That was a sucky episode too. They defeated it in the end by surpressing their anger and hatred for each other.

Travel and Tourism Guide
Old 05-10-2003, 06:58 PM   #34
Ruinel
Banned

I agree with Sheeana. Dumb episode.
Old 05-10-2003, 06:59 PM   #35
Ruinel
Banned

Quote:
That was called "The Day of the Dove" There was an intity that thrived off of hatred and all of their weopons were useless. If they got killed, they would come back to life. That was a sucky episode too. They defeated it in the end by surpressing their anger and hatred for each other.
hmmm... was it this one where they all had to start laughing to get rid of the entity?
Old 05-10-2003, 07:08 PM   #36
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Quote:
hmmm... was it this one where they all had to start laughing to get rid of the entity?
Yep.

Travel and Tourism Guide
Old 05-10-2003, 07:30 PM   #37
Ruinel
Banned

I remember one where Kirk's molecules were somehow forced to speed up (can't recall how though) and he was supposed to either have sex with or give a disease to some woman with blond hair. Or maybe both (sex + disease). All the people on the ship looked like they were standing still.
Old 05-10-2003, 07:50 PM   #38
Coney
The Buddy Rabbit

The Trekkie's (is that the right term?) are crawling out of the closet

Beatallica
Coney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2003, 07:52 PM   #39
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Quote:
I remember one where Kirk's molecules were somehow forced to speed up (can't recall how though) and he was supposed to either have sex with or give a disease to some woman with blond hair. Or maybe both (sex + disease). All the people on the ship looked like they were standing still.
That episode was called "Wink of an Eye" It was a dying race. They had become advanced and were excellerated. They sounded like flies buzzing around.

Travel and Tourism Guide
Old 05-10-2003, 07:55 PM   #40
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Coney
The Trekkie's (is that the right term?) are crawling out of the closet
Heehee. I have always loved Star Trek. I even shook hands once with Gene Roodenberry.

Travel and Tourism Guide