Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Books
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-14-2002, 03:53 PM   #21
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Gollum

I had a cat called Niënor, we called him so because my other cat , Savik(not Tolkien-related) had been run over and I was crying all day. Sadly Niënor or Norrie as we often called him was run over too, not far from where Savik died. Sigh I miss the black little buggers... Our current feline residents are called Smaug (a female) and Jinx (not Tolkien-related, just because he's black and with a name like that I hoped we would live longer)
Earniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2002, 05:57 PM   #22
Sauron's Nagging Wife
Enting

I present Gil-galad, Prince of Prague:
Gil-galad

Read about the Lady Legrace
Sauron's Nagging Wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2002, 06:53 PM   #23
Sakata
Elven Warrior

I appriciate your empathy Bropous, fortunatly I am a quick emotial healer and am pretty much back to my old self, but with the death of Eowyn means this spring I get a new kittin that I am even now coming up with a name for, I was thinking of Faywin, but I would like somthing from lotr, hm... did Eowyn ever have a daughter?

-Dare you venture into Gollum's Lair?

JESUS LIVES!
Sakata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2002, 08:05 PM   #24
bropous
EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMED
DCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO

I'm not really sure, Sakata, whether Eowyn had a daughter, although I'm leaning to her not having had one. Good to see you are healing quickly!
"...[The Lord of the Rings] is to exemplify most clearly a recurrent theme: the place in 'world politics' of the unforeseen and unforeseeable acts of will, and deeds of virtue of the apparently small, ungreat, fogotten in the places of the Wise and Great (good as well as evil). A moral of the whole (after the primary symbolism of the Ring, as the will to mere power, seeking to make itself objective by physical force and mechanism, and so also inevitably by lies) is the obvious one that without the high and noble the simple and vulgar is utterly mean; and without the simple and ordinary the noble and heroic is meaningless." Letters of JRR Tolkien, page 160.
bropous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2002, 09:21 PM   #25
Kiri
Hobbit

I went to college with a guy everyone called Gollum--does that count? Sometimes he decided he was actually a feathered woman named Avanti. There were far stranger people at my college...
Kiri is offline   Reply With Quote