Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-01-2006, 11:17 AM   #21
Hasty Ent
Elf Lord

yup, plus it does no good to underestimate the power of agribusiness in the US and its influence on our government
Old 04-01-2006, 11:48 AM   #22
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

Obviously no ones ever been 'caught' without papers or with papers that have expired in Mexico or any other mainstream country. They don't take it lightly and their lock ups are far from a Holiday Inn.
The US needs to get serious about securing boarders or else prepare a 'going out of business' sale.
Old 04-01-2006, 11:52 AM   #23
Oz!
Hobbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasty Ent
yup, plus it does no good to underestimate the power of agribusiness in the US and its influence on our government
yeah, didn't clinton try to help the illegal immigrant problem, and the farmers basically told him that they'd stop production if he did?

it's worse than the french farmers constantly blackmailing chiraq....
Oz! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 11:56 AM   #24
Oz!
Hobbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock
Obviously no ones ever been 'caught' without papers or with papers that have expired in Mexico or any other mainstream country. They don't take it lightly and their lock ups are far from a Holiday Inn.
The US needs to get serious about securing boarders or else prepare a 'going out of business' sale.
like i said...... make employing illegal immigrants a federal offence, hit those who take advantage of it, hardest

if no one is willing to hire illegal workers (because they get their ass thrown in jail if they do).... then there is no problem with illegal workers.... it's hardly rocket science........

of course, work will travel to other countries (where labour is cheap).... the us economy will nose-dive and whoever is in power will lose the next presidential election.......but that's the price they'll have to be willing to pay if they want ethical working conditions and lawful business practice
Oz! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 02:01 PM   #25
hectorberlioz
Master of Orchestration President Emeritus of Entmoot 2004-2008

Both sides of the immigration issue seem to have some convincing arguements, but realistically, I have to agree with Bill O'Reilly: that we can't realistically pull or push 11 million illegals out.

But meanwhile, as we sort out the issue about those that are here, I say we shut the border up. I really don't care if it's fence, stone wall or just a guard.

I don't see why more people can't come here, but they do pose a problem to taxpayers money etc.

A rational, logical, realistic, and humane, (but firm!) way should be put forth.

Acaly und Hektor fur Presidants fur EntMut fur life!
Join the discussion at Entmoot Election 2010.
"Stupidissimo!"~Toscanini
The Da CINDY Code
The Epic Poem Of The Balrog of Entmoot: Here ~NEW!
~
Thinking of summer vacation?
AboutNewJersey.com - NJ Travel & Tourism Guide
hectorberlioz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 06:22 PM   #26
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

I say, let loose the alien killer from X-Files and be done with it.