Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entertainment Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-12-2006, 07:37 PM   #21
MangoPi
Enting

Batman Begins had many good themes in it; Batman himself possesses no special powers (except for, you know, the fact that he's rolling in it ) and spends almost the whole movie contemplating justice and the significance of the individual.

I think that super heroes give us a way to talk about huge ideas in a relatively simple and very basic, very human way with out sounding all pretentious.

Narlyë nat vanya!
MangoPi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 12:33 AM   #22
Bombadillo
"The Bomb"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lief Erikson
I'm very glad I can enjoy more of these hero movies than you can! The more of these movies I can enjoy, the better, for the happier I am .
I don't know why that made me laugh so hard. I guess we all are a bunch of nitpickers. BTW, your sig also cracks me up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by b.banner
Beast will be in X-men 3 next year the trailer is online now its also in theaters with King Kong
Yeah I know! When I heard he was being played by Kelsey Grammar I was outraged for about a second before I realized just how brilliant that is.

I said I liked X1 already, but I also want to mention that at least one scene in X2 rocked. It was almost the first scene,
when Wolvorine is speeding down some empty road in a truck and Sabertooth swings a damn tree trunk right into its grill, totalling it and sending Wolvie through the windshield.
Oddly enough, I'd wanted to see that happen for a long time. I was really just waiting for some action director to realise how awesome that would be, and when I finally saw it, I didn't expect it, and it was just perfect.

The Incredibles was also hilarious, especially for a kid's movie. I don't usually expect much from them, but my little bro got the DVD as a gift, and I wound up watching the movie plus all the special features in one day.

Last edited by Bombadillo : 01-13-2006 at 12:36 AM.
Bombadillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 11:52 PM   #23
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anglorfin
I know there is going to be a sequel to SIn City but I forget which stories they are going to do. I heard Johnny Depp was going to be in one.
REALLY?! A sequel?? I can't wait 2 see that, especially if Johnny Depp's gonna be in it. I really loved Sin City; so artfully, mesmerisingly done. Beautiful movie. I loved seeing Mr. Wide-Eyed & Innocent Frodo Baggins being a sociopathic weirdo killer - what irony. Looking forward to this sequel.

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Lotesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 12:30 AM   #24
rohirrim TR
Friendly Neigborhood Sith Lord

bombadillo- sabertooth is in X1 so naturally your favorite scene was from X1 not X2 sadly, although the part where the kid is changing channels telepathically in X2 was really funny, and then the background narration

the mother armadillo leaves her young, a snake comes and begins swalloing them whole *sleep dart hits kid*
...Inspiration is a highly localized phenomenon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gaffer
It seems that as soon as "art" gets money and power (real or imagined), it becomes degenerate, derivative and worthless. A bit like religion.
rohirrim TR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 05:55 PM   #25
b.banner
Elf Lord

Location: Trying to keep a hold on my temper so I don't turn into a big green guy.
for those of you who don't know yet here is the main cast for Spider-man 3 Tobey Maguire as Peter Parker, Kirsten Dunst as Mary Jane Watson, Thomas Haden Church as Flint Marko aka Sandman,Bryce Dallas Howard as Gwen Stacy,James Franco as Harry Osborn, Topher Grace as Venom(not sure if he is Venom but that is what the rumors say)http://www.superherohype.com/news/spider-mannews.php?id=3813 there is a link to news about Bryce Dallas Howard as Gwen Stacy
"We are going to tickle some Aes Sedai under the chin, rescue a mule, and put a snip-nosed girl on the Lion Throne. Oh, yes. That's Aviendha. Don't look at her cross-wise or she'll try to cut your throat and probably slit her own by mistake."-Mat Cauthon from Wheel of Time

"Don't make me angry, you wouldn't like me when I'm angry...."-Dr. Bruce Banner
HULK
BATMAN
THE FLASH
b.banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 11:48 PM   #26
Farimir Captain of Gondor
Spaceman Spiff

Location: In the belly of a Firefly, living in Serenity is where you'll find me
I love superhero movies. I think the increase of them has to do with the success of the first Spider-man and X-Men movies. Also, technology has gotten so good that it's now easier to create a believable superhero.
Spider-man1 and 2 are by far my favorites. The X-Men movies were great too but I'm still kinda bitter about them not having Gambit in it. How could you not have Remy?

The Batman movies were, exept for a few, all good. My favorite one is Batman Returns. Tim Burton did an amazing job with the Batman universe. The worst, Batman and Robin. Just din't like it. Dr. Freeze was one of my favorite Batty Baddies and "The Guvenator" ruined it.

Superman was okay. I just couldn't get past the fact that no one knew Clark was Superman. I mean come on, his disguise was nothing but a goofy pair of glasses.

Sin City, disturbing, but great. I had never heard of it before the movie but everyone said it was exactly like the comic, so, they mustv'e done something right.

The Incredibles was just awesome. Whether they were for kids or not, it was just a great movie. The kid on the hot wheels was just so funny. Dash was hilarious too.

Well, I'm starting to ramble so I'll just go throught the rest and say whether or not I liked 'em.

Daredevil- crap
Electra- didn't see it because Daredevil was crap
Batman Begins- loved it
Fantastic Four- it was good, Johhny Storm was cool
Catwomen- didn't see it, looked like crap
League of Extraodinary Genlemen- loved it, Sean Connery(sp?) was great

BTW, if Joss is making a Wonderwoman film, you best believe it's going to be AWESOME.
Old 07-13-2006, 06:08 PM   #27
b.banner
Elf Lord

Location: Trying to keep a hold on my temper so I don't turn into a big green guy.
Marvel is releasing five movies next year!

Ghost Rider
Release Date: February 16, 2007
Plot Summary: In order to save his dying father, young stunt cyclist Johnny Blaze sells his soul to Mephistopheles and sadly parts from the pure-hearted Roxanne Simpson, the love of his life. Years later, Johnny's path crosses again with Roxanne, now a gogetting reporter, and also with Mephistopheles, who offers to release Johnny's soul if Johnny becomes the fabled, fiery Ghost Rider, a supernatural agent of vengeance and justice. Mephistopheles charges Johnny with defeating the despicable Blackheart, Mephistopheles's nemesis and son, who plans to displace his father and create a new hell even more terrible than the old one.

Iron Man
Release Date: May 2, 2008
Plot Summary: Based upon Marvel's iconic Super Hero, the film will follow billionaire weapons-manufacturer, Tony Stark, who confronts the sins of his past after he is injured by one of his own weapons. Equipped with a high-tech suit of armor, he becomes Iron Man to combat evil on a global scale.

Spider-Man 3
Release Date: May 4, 2007
Plot Summary: A third adventure with Tobey Maguire again playing Peter Parker/Spider-Man, Kirsten Dunst playing Mary Jane Watson and Sam Raimi in the director's chair.

Fantastic Four and The Silver Surfer
Release Date: June 15, 2007 Plot Summary: Marvel's first family of superheroes, The Fantastic Four, meets their greatest challenge yet in "Fantastic Four and The Silver Surfer" as the enigmatic, intergalactic herald, The Silver Surfer, comes to Earth to prepare it for destruction. As the Silver Surfer races around the globe wreaking havoc, Reed, Sue, Johnny and Ben must unravel the mystery of The Silver Surfer and confront the surprising return of their mortal enemy, Dr. Doom, before all hope is lost.

and supposedly Wolverine the spinoff but thats not confirmed
"We are going to tickle some Aes Sedai under the chin, rescue a mule, and put a snip-nosed girl on the Lion Throne. Oh, yes. That's Aviendha. Don't look at her cross-wise or she'll try to cut your throat and probably slit her own by mistake."-Mat Cauthon from Wheel of Time

"Don't make me angry, you wouldn't like me when I'm angry...."-Dr. Bruce Banner
HULK
BATMAN
THE FLASH
b.banner is offline   Reply With Quote