Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 11-05-2002, 03:46 AM   #21
Eowyn of Rohan
Enting

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by olsonm
The Green gem is the Elessar (the Elfstone). Yep, that's why they call him that. Galadriel gave it to him in "Farewell to Lorien" from Arwen.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aaaaaahhh!!
I SEE!! (said the blind man)
Thank you!
--------------------
Grrrr.. darn it! I spoke too soon. "Farewell to Lorien" is that an "unfinished tale"? in "Letters"?
((Started the Silmarillion and have the unfinished tales and some study books about Tolkien, but have only yet read Hobbit and LOTR.))
Eowyn of Rohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2002, 03:48 AM   #22
olsonm
Elf Lord

Farewell to Lorien is the 8th chapter of Book II of The Fellowship of the Ring.
Old 11-05-2002, 03:54 AM   #23
Eowyn of Rohan
Enting

So it is! ::Eowyn bows before your greatness!::
I missed it completely sitting here in the dark (roommate is asleep, don't understand that - thinks she's got to get up and go to WORK or something in the morning!)
Thanks again!
Old 11-05-2002, 03:56 AM   #24
olsonm
Elf Lord

More about the Elessar (the gem) is told in Unfinished Tales in "The History of Galadriel and Celeborn". Welcome again!
Old 11-08-2002, 06:51 PM   #25
Varda Oiolosseo
Tea Bag Queen

I think that Arwen's necklace is really nice in the film!! I want one!!
Varda Oiolosseo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2002, 12:52 PM   #26
Firekitten2006
Elven Warrior

Location: the US of A! But I wish i was in austraila, never been, just think it would be a fun place to live :)
Hey, in the Extended version, do you think that they're going to go into more detail about Aragorn getting Anduril? I noticed in the movie they didnt, and I got totally off for a sec! lol
Old 11-09-2002, 01:20 PM   #27
Eowyn of Rohan
Enting

Re: Anduril

POTENTIAL SPOILER:

It will be in TTT.
PJ has Arwen and Elrond riding with a troup of other elves to bring the reforged blade to Aragorn before Helm's Deep. That's why you may have seen scenes with Liv Tyler in battle garb. Originally they had the pack of elves being trapped by the advancing forces from Isengard and they (yes, including Arwen) had to fight them to get through (to get back??), but they (director, producers, ??) didn't like the scenes and they ended up being cut. (good..)
Whether or not this means that only the battle scenes were cut or whether they cut the whole thing of the troup bringing the sword down, I don't know. Probably just the battle scenes. Afterall, Aragorn still has to get the sword.
Old 11-09-2002, 02:59 PM   #28
markedel
'Sober' Mullet Frosh

LOL Aragorn the bedecked pimp-king. That's hilarious
Old 11-09-2002, 03:16 PM   #29
Firekitten2006
Elven Warrior

Location: the US of A! But I wish i was in austraila, never been, just think it would be a fun place to live :)
i meant will they have it in the extended version of FOTR. Cuz its reforged at rivendell before the fellowship leaves. I mean he has to have it because its an important part of TTT. Ya know, the whole Eomer and Aragorn drawing their swords together and saying the swords names? (im re reading TTT )

Last edited by Firekitten2006 : 11-09-2002 at 03:17 PM.
Firekitten2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2002, 05:46 PM   #30
Eowyn of Rohan
Enting

Quote:
Originally posted by Firekitten2006
i meant will they have it in the extended version of FOTR. Cuz its reforged at rivendell before the fellowship leaves. I mean he has to have it because its an important part of TTT. Ya know, the whole Eomer and Aragorn drawing their swords together and saying the swords names? (im re reading TTT )
Yeeess, I knew what you meant. Maybe I didn't give my opinion too clearly (or you couldn't deduce my opinion out of the information that I imparted?... either way, let me clear up what I think).

No... I don't think it will be in the extended DVD because of what I have already said above - that in the upcoming movie (MOVIE) of TTT the elves led by Elrond and Arwen will bring it to him at Helm's Deep (according to the rumors).
And yes, in the book (THE BOOK!!) the sword was reforged and given to him in the FOTR.... but, ::looking around:: this is the movie forum right??
Old 11-10-2002, 11:48 PM   #31
Firekitten2006
Elven Warrior

okies i get it im just a little bit slow sometimes