Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-12-2010, 04:00 PM   #281
hectorberlioz
Master of Orchestration President Emeritus of Entmoot 2004-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post

First.
I admit to knowing the true identity of X Perry Mint. But alas, honour prevents me from naming the person. Still, there are other Mooters besides me who possess this knowledge, Sane for instance. And Tessar
This is what you call mixing a little truth into the stew to make the lie stronger. By admitting that he knows the identity of X Perry Mint, Jonathan is trying to boggle our minds away from the fact that they are the ones who set him free and set him up as a candidate for president!

Quote:
Fourth.
I think that the typographical fairy has introduced a slight error in the Gazette's article. Sure, I was imprisoned. However not in prison for seven years until I was bailed out - but in Hector's basement for three weeks until I heroically escaped!
Technically this is true. Entmoot's best prison facility is located beneath the President's chamber. The idea is that if the prisoners ever escape, they'll walk right back into the hands of the authorities. However, the prison is hardly what I'd consider a basement.

Acaly und Hektor fur Presidants fur EntMut fur life!
Join the discussion at Entmoot Election 2010.
"Stupidissimo!"~Toscanini
The Da CINDY Code
The Epic Poem Of The Balrog of Entmoot: Here ~NEW!
~
Thinking of summer vacation?
AboutNewJersey.com - NJ Travel & Tourism Guide
hectorberlioz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 04:08 PM   #282
hectorberlioz
Master of Orchestration President Emeritus of Entmoot 2004-2008

Quote:
GAAAHH!!!

... oh, sorry. I saw Hector and a wave of post-traumatic stress hit me
You're rotten.

Acaly und Hektor fur Presidants fur EntMut fur life!
Join the discussion at Entmoot Election 2010.
"Stupidissimo!"~Toscanini
The Da CINDY Code
The Epic Poem Of The Balrog of Entmoot: Here ~NEW!
~
Thinking of summer vacation?
AboutNewJersey.com - NJ Travel & Tourism Guide
hectorberlioz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 06:07 PM   #283
Coffeehouse
Entmoot Minister of Foreign Affairs

Quote:
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz View Post
Entmoot's best prison facility is located beneath the President's chamber. The idea is that if the prisoners ever escape, they'll walk right back into the hands of the authorities. However, the prison is hardly what I'd consider a basement.
In Norway we call the media the "4th state power", which would translate into branches of government in English and the three traditional branches: executive, legislative and judicial. The fourth being the media.

The case of Hector provides us with the horrific example of what happens when there is a mix of the Executive branch (see Hector's VP-candidacy), the Media branch (see Hector's (oh yeah you bet that's Hector's) Teacup Table Gazette) and the Judicial branch (see Hector's attempt to issue criminal verdicts on fellow Mooters).
The only thing stopping this disturbing mix of powers (and insanely disturbing authorianian streak of Hector's) is the, you guessed it, Legislative branch: of which the citizens of Entmoot make up, which is why, in his brilliance, Montesquieu advocated that the Legislative branch have disproportionate oversight over the other branches.

Hector is in other words the embodiment of the saying: "Power leads to corruption, absolute power leads to absolute corruption"

The Acally-Hector ticket is dangerous. Very, very dangerous. Let the Legislative branch of Entmoot, i.e. its citizens, keep the dangers of totalitarianism and its crazy schizo paranoia in check!

Last edited by Coffeehouse : 04-12-2010 at 06:09 PM.
Coffeehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 08:17 PM   #284
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Has it not occurred to anyone yet that X Perry Mint has posted during times when I've been away from the moot, and times when I'm sleeping?
Tessar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 09:28 PM   #285
Midge
Faithful Gardener

Quote:
Midge, I AM NOT currently in office!!! The current presidents are The Sasquatch of Fangorn and Nurvingiel.
I know that. What has happened is obvious.

You have some weird reason for wanting Jonathan out of your way. You trump up charges against him for chocolate-stealing something-or-other and have him carted away to your personal prison, which everyone here at the Moot will admit is the most scariest prison online or IRL. But a hiccup occurred! Jonathan escaped! By that time, your charges were being looked into and found wanting, so you can't actually get him arrested again because he's not guilty of anything except being a victim. It's your dearth of political power that's allowing the innocent to be free.

Quote:
GAAAHH!!!

... oh, sorry. I saw Hector and a wave of post-traumatic stress hit me
PROOF! Hector is indeed the cause of Jonathan's incarceration!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar View Post
Has it not occurred to anyone yet that X Perry Mint has posted during times when I've been away from the moot, and times when I'm sleeping?
Who's to say that you're not X Perry Mint's mild-mannered alter-ego and you don't even know it when you become him? You may have FELT like you were asleep, but were you really?

Midge/Varna 2010! Amazing powers of logic at work for YOU and the 'Moot!
Psalm 56:11

"Starbuck, what do you hear?"
"Nothin' but the rain, sir!"
"Then grab your gun and bring in the cat."

Make sure to check out the C.S. Lewis forum. Game threads, movie and book discussions and more!

Midge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 12:28 AM   #286
Acalewia
Halfelven Daughter of the Dunedain, President of Entmoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffeehouse View Post
The Acally-Hector ticket is dangerous. Very, very dangerous. Let the Legislative branch of Entmoot, i.e. its citizens, keep the dangers of totalitarianism and its crazy schizo paranoia in check!
I resent that comment! Are we startng with the mud slinging already and slandering each others names and motives?

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Don't be such a sour wolf" Stiles ~ Heart Monitor

http://www.wattpad.com/user/IceQueenofMitera
Acalewia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 12:41 AM   #287
Jonathan
Entmoot Attorney-General,
Equilibrating the Scales of Justice, Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acalewia View Post
I resent that comment! Are we startng with the mud slinging already and slandering each others names and motives?
Well, have you seen any of the headlines of the Teacup Table Gazette?

I suppose a media culture like this board has, breeds mud slinging and slandering amonst us readers...
An unwritten post is a delightful universe of infinite possibilities. Set down one word, however, and it immediately becomes earthbound. Set down one sentence and it’s halfway to being just like every other bloody entry that’s ever been written.

Last edited by Jonathan : 04-13-2010 at 12:42 AM.
Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 05:02 AM   #288
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Quote:
How should I know? Do I run and control what the Teacup Table Gazette says? No! of course not! She's just a teen girl from Rohan as far as I can tell.
Sez you. But I detect a certain signature in connection with the Gazette's publications that somehow leads right back to you.

Quote:
I also laugh at the idea of me being a notorious chocolate smuggler. That's Eärniel-territory right there!
Objection! It's just rude to accuse me of illegal activities. I'll have you know that all chocolate trade in the Entmoot is legal, sound and I am the majority shareholder as well as the main client in everyone of them!

Quote:
And this is yet another reason to vote Acalewia/Hectorberlioz this coming May. Not only will we build better prisons and hire more guards, but we will make sure that no criminal is ever released again! And we also promise to get to the bottom of this anti-Tolkien candidate scandal!
Gah, what is it with you 'merican candidates and locking people up in dungeons without due process?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar View Post
Careful now, the fact that you've actually checked it would be enough for some to think you've engineered it that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midge View Post
Who's to say that you're not X Perry Mint's mild-mannered alter-ego and you don't even know it when you become him? You may have FELT like you were asleep, but were you really?
Wait, Tessar is SPIDER-MAN and X Perry Mint his black-suit symbiont? Somehow I think he may even like that explanation enough to adopt it.
Old 04-13-2010, 04:02 PM   #289
Coffeehouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acalewia View Post
Don't resent it Acally! I'm more concerned with the well-being of a possible presidency of yours with the likelihood of a bloody coup by you're 2nd in command Watch out
Old 04-13-2010, 11:33 PM   #290
Acalewia
Halfelven Daughter of the Dunedain, President of Entmoot

Quote:
Well, have you seen any of the headlines of the Teacup Table Gazette?

I suppose a media culture like this board has, breeds mud slinging and slandering amonst us readers...
I have nothing to do with those headlines and I'm not a part of them.
Quote:
Don't resent it Acally! I'm more concerned with the well-being of a possible presidency of yours with the likelihood of a bloody coup by you're 2nd in command Watch out
Seems yall think I can't handle Hector.

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Don't be such a sour wolf" Stiles ~ Heart Monitor

http://www.wattpad.com/user/IceQueenofMitera
Acalewia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 08:49 AM   #291
Earniel

But if Hector is involved in the headlines, and you are not, doesn't that mean your VP is going behind your back and is therefore not handled? I reckon a lot of people would feel safer if you keep Hector's leash a bit shorter.
Old 04-14-2010, 10:36 AM   #292
Coffeehouse

Announcement!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eärniel View Post
keep Hector's leash a bit shorter.
The deafening cry of the Hectorian ghost of Dick Cheney boomed through the corridores...

Hehe on another note I am happy to announce the completion of the Coffeehouse-ticket for the 2010 Entmoot Elections!

I introduce to the citizens of Entmoot two exceptionally great Mooters whom I have the profound and humble honour of running with.

- The Vice-Presidential candidate on this ticket is InsidiousRex
- While the cabinet post, indeed he is my cabinet, is Noble Elf Lord whom will serve as the Minister General on the administration

With the Coffeehouse, InsidiousRex & NobleELfLord-ticket we want to give the citizens of Entmoot the quality, passion and drive that a real Entmoot presidency should involve!

If we are given that trust we want to push for a better and brighter tommorow in Entmoot.

(Trumpets sounding!!!)

Vote Coffee, Insidious & Noble

Last edited by Coffeehouse : 04-14-2010 at 11:24 AM.
Old 04-14-2010, 10:45 AM   #293
Midge
Faithful Gardener

Quote:
But if Hector is involved in the headlines, and you are not, doesn't that mean your VP is going behind your back and is therefore not handled? I reckon a lot of people would feel safer if you keep Hector's leash a bit shorter.
Hear, hear!
Psalm 56:11

"Starbuck, what do you hear?"
"Nothin' but the rain, sir!"
"Then grab your gun and bring in the cat."

Make sure to check out the C.S. Lewis forum. Game threads, movie and book discussions and more!

Midge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 12:39 PM   #294
Noble Elf Lord
Leaf-Crowned Lord Of Elvenpath

Quote:

...Hehe on another note I am happy to announce the completion of the Coffeehouse-ticket for the 2010 Entmoot Elections!

I introduce to the citizens of Entmoot two exceptionally great Mooters whom I have the profound and humble honour of running with.

- The Vice-Presidential candidate on this ticket is InsidiousRex
- While the cabinet post, indeed he is my cabinet, is Noble Elf Lord whom will serve as the Minister General on the administration

With the Coffeehouse, InsidiousRex & NobleELfLord-ticket we want to give the citizens of Entmoot the quality, passion and drive that a real Entmoot presidency should involve!

If we are given that trust we want to push for a better and brighter tommorow in Entmoot.

(Trumpets sounding!!!)

Vote Coffee, Insidious & Noble
Oh dear...
Well, it's good marketing, of course, to say that all that praise is not without a cause.
(God damn it, I'm turning into a politician! If that happens, hector is a small worry...lol.)
Old 04-14-2010, 01:22 PM   #295
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

Thats right a three person ticket is the charm! CoffeeHouse - Insidious Rex - Noble Elf Lord. Frankly, Id vote for anything that started with coffee. Especially in the morning... But just remember, we cannot be bought, but we do offer spare change that you can believe in.

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
Insidious Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 02:15 PM   #296
Coffeehouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insidious Rex View Post
Thats right a three person ticket is the charm! CoffeeHouse - Insidious Rex - Noble Elf Lord. Frankly, Id vote for anything that started with coffee. Especially in the morning... But just remember, we cannot be bought, but we do offer spare change that you can believe in.
Haha yeah I know who wouldn't vote for something that started with coffee?

Our platform is simple, we offer our best efforts to all Mooters - and the chance to find the magic in yourself

So support the Coffee-Insidious-Noble ticket with, as Vice-Presidential candidate Insidious correctly points out (unlike other tickets we don't take illegeal campaign contributions), with spare change you can believe in!

Last edited by Coffeehouse : 04-14-2010 at 02:16 PM.
Old 04-14-2010, 03:33 PM   #297
Earniel

Well, colour me impressed, I never had thought to see anyone ensnare the likes of IR as VP...

Okay candidates, VP-candidates and general ministers, I have a question to ask to each of you.

Your answers earlier seem to indicate that everyone of you is interested in maintaining and helping to spread the love for Tolkien. Then can you explain to me, why only one and a half (*) of you have picked a chapter in the Unfinished Tales Chapter Discussion?

Think and answer carefully.

(*)I say one and a half because only Varnafindë has chosen and posted a chapter intro. Coffeehouse's original chapter was scrapped and he has yet to choose a new one.
Old 04-14-2010, 04:12 PM   #298
HOBBIT
Saviour of Entmoot Admiral

Hey now, the 2000 Entmoot Presidential Election was completely fair and competitive. Ben never supported me openly - publicly or in private. If he voted at all, I'm not sure that he did vote for me.

It was decided that the winner of the election would be made a real moderator, so I'm not sure how Ben felt about his younger brother becoming a moderator at his message board. I had my own relatively successful Harry Potter message board and if anyone was around at that time, they may recall that I was already the moderator or administrator at a ridiculous amount of ezboards.

I was also 11 to 12 at the time (and Ben 14). Amazing.

The runner up, Gilthonial I believe (or something like that), seemed to take the loss pretty hard. He was 20-something or perhaps even 30-something and wanted to win.... he disappeared soon after that.
HOBBIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 05:21 PM   #299
inked
Elf Lord

Gud goly, Miz Moly! A triumvirat fur Presidant? Nein! No! Nicht!

Juz luk at de nams! Cofe, Insidiusm and Nobl Elf Lord! A vot fur dem iz lik a vot fur Alexander de Grat's folow-up governorz.

Hektor fur Presidant! Acally fur Presidant! Hektor und Acally fur ko-presidants!

"Spare Change" iz al dat de TRIUMvirat kan ofer! Vat dey kan spar! Dey vil wrek de EntMut! Run it into de dirt! Den all de Entmuters vil be saying und vailing:"How's dat hop und chang vorking fur du? HAhaHAhaHAhaHAhaHA!"

Entmooters of the vurld, Bevare!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"And there is always the danger of allowing people to suppose that our modern times are so wholly unlike any other times that the fundamental facts about man's nature have wholly changed with changing circumstances." Dorothy L. Sayers, 1 Sept. 1941
inked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 05:45 PM   #300
Coffeehouse

Quote:
Well, colour me impressed, I never had thought to see anyone ensnare the likes of IR as VP...
Yes, it's for all to see that the brilliant Insidious has taken up arms in the 2010 Entmoot Election. Just think what our accomplished presidency and cabinet will achieve on the diplomatic front if we are carried to victory

A vote for Coffee, Insidious & Noble is a vote for a clear, no-bull attitude with those who would stand in the way of Entmoot's happiness!

Quote:
Coffeehouse's original chapter was scrapped and he has yet to choose a new one
Oh it was? Well I'll gladly accept a new chapter

Quote:
Originally Posted by inked View Post
Gud goly, Miz Moly! A triumvirat fur Presidant? Nein! No! Nicht!

Juz luk at de nams! Cofe, Insidiusm and Nobl Elf Lord! A vot fur dem iz lik a vot fur Alexander de Grat's folow-up governorz.

Hektor fur Presidant! Acally fur Presidant! Hektor und Acally fur ko-presidants!

"Spare Change" iz al dat de TRIUMvirat kan ofer! Vat dey kan spar! Dey vil wrek de EntMut! Run it into de dirt! Den all de Entmuters vil be saying und vailing:"How's dat hop und chang vorking fur du? HAhaHAhaHAhaHAhaHA!"

Entmooters of the vurld, Bevare!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LOL....... dude you've completely lost you're marbles haven't you?

Love the German accent, it's like listening to the worst Schwarzenegger-impersionation (or the best)

Last edited by Coffeehouse : 04-14-2010 at 05:51 PM.