Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-14-2006, 05:38 PM   #281
hectorberlioz
Master of Orchestration President Emeritus of Entmoot 2004-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterbeer

... many paths are well trod but not all lead to Rome ...

best, BB
Some roads would have lead to what used to be Constantinople...

Acaly und Hektor fur Presidants fur EntMut fur life!
Join the discussion at Entmoot Election 2010.
"Stupidissimo!"~Toscanini
The Da CINDY Code
The Epic Poem Of The Balrog of Entmoot: Here ~NEW!
~
Thinking of summer vacation?
AboutNewJersey.com - NJ Travel & Tourism Guide
hectorberlioz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 05:47 PM   #282
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

ah! ...wise words ... indeed some may have led up ye old garden path ....

but to more important matters ... you are right ..the whole history of that thread has been apparently wiped.

this is serious moot ettiquette and moot board rules here.

many found it distasteful
... 9/11 thread theory ... many had no truck with it (including myself) ....but to wipe it like it never happened?

what message is that?

certainly not one of freedom nor one respectful to all those who died on that day.

(i am serious)

no explanantion ..who did this and why? Be accountable!

maybe i agree- but this is NOT the way!

is this how we honour them- those innocents that died that day ?

Innocents who died because of hatred and intolerance?

do we wipe whole threads and posts, communist style because we wish to write them out of history?

go check el tels' personal profile and look up threads started - it has been obliterated!!

is this the moot?

seriously- this is not any statement but suprise here!

But to fight those whose oppose the west, we do it best be maintianing our beleifs - NOT pandering to the terrorists by bowing down to their core beleifs and shackling and throwing away these very beleifs of freedom of speech they wish to curtail - by bowing down to them and making them happy by doing so!

Is this what we are about?

Nay!

let us rise above it and show WHY freedom is our cause!

best, BB

Last edited by Butterbeer : 07-14-2006 at 05:52 PM.
Butterbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 05:50 PM   #283
hectorberlioz
Master of Orchestration President Emeritus of Entmoot 2004-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterbeer

go check el tels' personal profile and look up threads started - it has been obliterated!!
I know...It was weird when I didn't see it among his "threads started by El Tel"

Elfhelm, will thou speak?

Acaly und Hektor fur Presidants fur EntMut fur life!
Join the discussion at Entmoot Election 2010.
"Stupidissimo!"~Toscanini
The Da CINDY Code
The Epic Poem Of The Balrog of Entmoot: Here ~NEW!
~
Thinking of summer vacation?
AboutNewJersey.com - NJ Travel & Tourism Guide
hectorberlioz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 05:59 PM   #284
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

what say you?

we honour the dead of 9/11 and 7/7, those of New york and London alike by being true to our beliefs and democracy and maintaing free speech?

or are we communists who obliterate and deny freedom and officially wipe out such debate?
Old 07-14-2006, 05:59 PM   #285
Elfhelm
Marshal of the Eastmark

We who have been attacked should not fall to accusing each other. We should respect each other. BB I agree to some extent, but innocence until guilt is proven is the most important thing that we have to preserve.
Elfhelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 06:00 PM   #286
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfhelm
We who have been attacked should not fall to accusing each other. We should respect each other. BB I agree to some extent, but innocence until guilt is proven is the most important thing that we have to preserve.
agreed.

but can you then explain why this has been wiped USSR cold-war style?
Old 07-14-2006, 06:02 PM   #287
Elfhelm
Marshal of the Eastmark

Hey Tel, on topic, I posted a question about all those biblical names that Alsaadawi says are in the heiroglyphs. And BoP also wants some real evidence that her dictionary of Middle Egyptian is innaccurate.

Other wise, this thread has surely run its course.

Last edited by Elfhelm : 07-14-2006 at 06:05 PM.
Old 07-14-2006, 06:04 PM   #288
Elfhelm
Marshal of the Eastmark

Someone whose friends died in the attack requested the deletion. That was about the third from last post before the erasure.
Old 07-14-2006, 06:09 PM   #289
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

Quote:
Someone whose friends died in the attack requested the deletion. That was about the third from last post before the erasure.

thus we deny the holocaust?

does not then someone who's colleague died in 7/7 have thus the same friggin right to respect them by keeping freedom of speech alive?

..i do not like the premise of the thread - FACT - but i feel passionately it is an insult to my colleague that in his name and memory free speech is thus curtailed by and in the very name of TERRORISTS

you dishnour my colleague by this action - you make them laugh at us because we let them win by debasing everything we stand for.

yours,
serious and very unamused, BB

( not you personally elfhelm)
Old 07-14-2006, 06:17 PM   #290
Elfhelm
Marshal of the Eastmark

Well, it was an accusation based on fear and it did seem like trolling. When we think about what principles we want to preserve in the face of fear, I agree about free speech, but defamation is not included in free speech. That's about taking responsibility for one's words. Personally, it all looked like defamation to me. And for the left, the last thing we want now is for someone on the right to put the tinfoil hats on our heads.
Old 07-14-2006, 06:24 PM   #291
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

I cannot speak for the left, or for the right.

For myself i am myself.
what more can i truly say?

I have seen too much of life to pin myself to any idealogy too rigidly.

But i do beleive in freedom, as a belief.

That, for me, does not mean attaching in built niaevty (sp?) ... or set rules... nor adhering to stupidity wherever it comes from and from whom, who-ever ...

but truly... we dishonour the memory of my colleague in his dead name by not merely closing but wiping this thread - however we may not like it's ideas.

sincerely, BB
Old 07-14-2006, 06:35 PM   #292
The Telcontarion
The one true King of the human race, direct descendant of Adam and heir to the kings of old. "You owe me your fealty." The Tar Minyaturion

I refuse to repeat myself, I have provided enough evidence to my point of view.

And practice what you teach, guilty until proven guilty you say, that has never been your attitude towards this thread; it was to you bunk from day one.

BB, I agree with everything you have said, especially about 9-11. It matters not that you agree, it only matters that we should be allowed to debate the issue.

Unfortunately Spock did not think so, and I PM him to let him know exactly - without pulling any punches - what I thought of him yanking it.

Guilty until proven guilty? If the thread is renewed, I garauntee that you will have no doubt of where the guilt lies; far more so than this thread, I could provide undiable proof about the perpitrators of 9-11. it is now more important than ever for us to find out. With Israel bombing lebanon, it is about to be WW3 people.

So, how about it Spock, will it be freedom or tyranny!!!

Ecclesiasticus 2:1-5
1 My son, if thou come to serve the Lord, prepare thy soul for temptation...
...4 Whatsoever is brought upon thee take cheerfully, and be patient when thou art changed to a low estate. 5 For gold is tried in the fire, and acceptable men in the furnace of adversity.

Romans 5:3
And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;
The Telcontarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 06:43 PM   #293
Elfhelm
Marshal of the Eastmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Telcontarion
guilty until proven guilty you say, that has never been your attitude towards this thread; it was to you bunk from day one.
Academic discussions of the correct or incorrect translation of heiroglyphs has nothing to do with guilt or innocence. It is not a crime to mistranslate.
Old 07-14-2006, 06:44 PM   #294
The Telcontarion
The one true King of the human race, direct descendant of Adam and heir to the kings of old. "You owe me your fealty." The Tar Minyaturion

Quote:
Well, it was an accusation based on fear and it did seem like trolling. When we think about what principles we want to preserve in the face of fear, I agree about free speech, but defamation is not included in free speech. That's about taking responsibility for one's words. Personally, it all looked like defamation to me. And for the left, the last thing we want now is for someone on the right to put the tinfoil hats on our heads.
Innocent until proven guilty eh?

Defamation? why, because it's not on CNN; I am extremely offended by your statements. The majority of 9-11 victim's families believed that the government was behind it. Do you really think I would start a thread like this if I didn't care about those dead people. What you fail to realise is, if I am right, then this will happen again and we will be blaming the wrong people. Truth and justice is all I am after, and I promise you I willl have it, those people that died will have it!!!! You know were I live, new york city and today becasue of the excalating violence in the middle-east, cops were on every corner searching bags before you could get on the train. This is natzi germany and I will not have it!!!!

...4 Whatsoever is brought upon thee take cheerfully, and be patient when thou art changed to a low estate. 5 For gold is tried in the fire, and acceptable men in the furnace of adversity.

And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;
Old 07-14-2006, 06:46 PM   #295
Elfhelm
Marshal of the Eastmark

BB, I agree with you, but on the left I am glad that the thread was wiped because I felt the theory was only there to make the left look like flakes.

And a messageboard isn't democracy, anyway. It's totalitarian rule.

But I do agree.
Old 07-14-2006, 06:49 PM   #296
Elfhelm
Marshal of the Eastmark

It's defamation because it is specifically attacking the character of someone who, I admit, I don't like him either. But that is injustice. Just because I don't like him doesn't mean I should say he arranged for 9/11. That's not right. What more can I say?
Old 07-14-2006, 06:49 PM   #297
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

el tel , as i understand it ... and has been carefully posited on the moot here on other matters quite explicity - Spock does not have the power to do this.

are you sure of yourself here?

because if so, this will have repercussions far reaching.

BB

elfhelm - be careful what you say, else the board is liable to be opened up to regulation given its rules and remit.
Old 07-14-2006, 07:05 PM   #298
The Telcontarion

Quote:
Academic discussions of the correct or incorrect translation of heiroglyphs has nothing to do with guilt or innocence. It is not a crime to mistranslate.
Dismissing my claims outright, and calling professional egyptologists "unacademic," has alot to do with innocent before guilty. Who do you think you are talking to, you talk as if I am some idiot you can dance around with your ridiculous arguments. What you said above is absurd. I am going to ignore you and pants, period.

Old 07-14-2006, 07:09 PM   #299
The Telcontarion

Quote:
It's defamation because it is specifically attacking the character of someone who, I admit, I don't like him either. But that is injustice. Just because I don't like him doesn't mean I should say he arranged for 9/11. That's not right. What more can I say?
So why have court cases if you can't present evidence. Again you simply dismiss what I say from the beggining, your playing games. How dear you dismiss the evidence I wish to represent as simple deferemation, how dear you!!!!

Old 07-14-2006, 07:16 PM   #300
The Telcontarion

This is the PM between me and spock over the 911 issue!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock
Quote:
I have deleted this thread.

It is too offensive to many members who lost friends or relatives in this tragedy.

Anti-American postings are not the way to go on the MOOT.
For that matter anti-anything is what we try for but this thread was over the top in its content.

Please do not repeat post.

S

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Telcontarion
First of all it is not anti -american. Anyone who will not investigate the truth of 911 is an anti-american and should be tryed for treason.

The majority of the familes who lost families in the 911 trajedy believe the government was behind it and want justice. "Loose change" was a documentary made by former soldeirs who went to iraq and had friends die there, they saw first hand how the government was frabricating lies about what was happening and wanted to expose it; are they anti-american as well. The government is not america, the people are. The government should fear you not the other way around.

It is you and people like you that are anti-american. You don't really love your country, you don't really know what it means to suffer, or to see your country destroyed right before your eyes because of corrupt policies. But don't worry, at the pace things are going you will.

You did as I expected you would, cowards are bredictable.

I hope if you have children you listen when I said dont vaccinate them, I hope your not like my sister who after all that I tried to tell her she still is going to vaccinate hers. I hope you don't ingest aspartame, in any form since they are putting it in everything now not just diet drinks.

Lookup "Sweet Misery" it is the documentary about aspartame. Also, "truth about fluoride," save your family or are you too cowardly to do even that. You most certainly might deserve to die but your children donot. You are a traitor and a defender of mass murderers, and I promise you, before it is all said and done you will answer for it and so will bush.

Who's afraid!!!!! Never me!!!! Ever!!!!!
Quote:
The topic has been forwarded to TPTB and if they agree with you, it will be reinstated.

Meanwhile your diatribe is taken for the ranting that it is.
[/QUOTE]