FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2003, 04:24 PM   #281
Ruinel
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Elf Girl
Actually, I don't think JRRT believed in ME either... *cowers*
WHAT!!!!!!!!!!! #@$^& !!!!!!!!! Of course he did!!!!!!!!!! How could you say such a thing!?!?!!!!!!! You are a blasphemer!! argh!... ahhhh!!!... Aaeee!!!...a pain... ack!... between... *gasp!*... my ears! ... erk! ... *gasp*... too... much... ack! ... *cough*... can't ... *gag* ... take... it... aaaaeeeeeeeeeeaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
*falls out of chair and passes out*
Old 04-09-2003, 04:36 PM   #282
Elf Girl
Lurker

Calm down.
Quote:
The Lords of Valinor gave to one of them [the Atani] greatly skilled with words knowledge of their true history which they had forgotten, and though he told the tale and many listened, none heeded it.

-Estë
Again, I didn't say I didn't believe in ME, just that JRRT didn't. The Valar put the knowledge into his mind, he just thought it was inspiration for a great epic tale.

The above quote was said by Estë to me when she came to ME so I could... Well it's a long story, but again I'll PM it to anyone who wants it.
Old 04-09-2003, 05:13 PM   #283
Ruinel
Banned

Quote:
Again, I didn't say I didn't believe in ME, just that JRRT didn't.
*opens eyes and picks self up from floor* ... whoa, whut happin'd?... *checks Entmoot posts* ..... Aaaeee!!! Yes, he did! He believed! &@$!^$%! Blasphemer!

Quote:
The above quote was said by Estë to me when she came to ME so I could... Well it's a long story, but again I'll PM it to anyone who wants it.
PM me. I'll read it.
Old 04-09-2003, 05:36 PM   #284
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Ruinel
roflol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (I just love it when that happens.)
*puts sword away* Eärniel has nothing to fear from me. I would not harm you but bade you take my message to the evil one, Amarië, who's very existence is a shame and a mockery to our kind. (May she rot in Mandos for all eternity!)
*peeks from under table*

oooh good, especially the not having to fear you part. What um makes you think I know the lady in question? It's not like I *shifty look* know her or something.
Old 04-09-2003, 06:00 PM   #285
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Um, Ruinel is just sore because while Finrod lived in Middle-earth, he had a queen, and it wasn't her. Then when he came to Aman, he married Amarie. She was left out all the way around. Poor thing. Her dreams of Finrod were hopeless. That is why she is so excitable and defensive.

"North away." he said: "to the swords, and the siege, and the walls of defence - that yet for a while in Beleriand rivers may run clean, leaves spring, and birds build their nests, ere Night comes."

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide
Old 04-09-2003, 06:13 PM   #286
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

He dumped you for Amarië when he returned to Valinor? And you swallow that? Sheesh SGH, I'd thrown that man out long ago! He used you!
Old 04-09-2003, 06:17 PM   #287
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Eärniel
He dumped you for Amarië when he returned to Valinor? And you swallow that? Sheesh SGH, I'd thrown that man out long ago! He used you!
Nah, I chose not to go to Valinor. It was an understanding and agreement.

"North away." he said: "to the swords, and the siege, and the walls of defence - that yet for a while in Beleriand rivers may run clean, leaves spring, and birds build their nests, ere Night comes."

Travel and Tourism Guide
Old 04-09-2003, 09:03 PM   #288
Ruinel
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Sister Golden Hair
...he had a queen.... Then when he came to Aman, he married Amarie.
He had no queen in ME. And he did not marry the witch, Amarië in Aman! I am only defending Finrod. *looks directly at SGH* For no one else seems to do so. Only those that would leave him unhappy at the mercy of the evil Amarië and her wicked spells. Some people (I will not name any names) have no loyalty.

Quote:
*peeks from under table* oooh good, especially the not having to fear you part. What um makes you think I know the lady in question? It's not like I *shifty look* know her or something.
Just thought that since you were sticking up for her, that perhaps you were in communication with her. That's all.

Quote:
He dumped you (SGH) for Amarië when he returned to Valinor? And you swallow that? Sheesh SGH, I'd thrown that man out long ago! He used you!
ROFLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He dumped her for me! ROFLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Oh, man, I'm sorry... I can't stand it. Too funny. People are staring at me here, because I'm laughing so friggin' hard.)
Old 04-09-2003, 09:09 PM   #289
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Um, he did marry Amarie. It is in the HoMe series, nomatter how much you don't want to believe it.

He had a queen in Middle-earth, but it was a secret.

He dumped me for you? HA! I heard he dumped you for a girl dwarf and then decided he didn't like her beard. that was when we met.

Travel and Tourism Guide
Old 04-09-2003, 09:31 PM   #290
Ruinel
Banned

Quote:
Um, he did marry Amarie. It is in the HoMe series, nomatter how much you don't want to believe it.

He had a queen in Middle-earth, but it was a secret.
Elves only marry once in the life of Arda, sweety. You are contradicting yourself. *smug* Which HoME book are you referring?
Quote:
He dumped me for you? HA! I heard he dumped you for a girl dwarf and then decided he didn't like her beard. that was when we met.
Lies Lies and more Lies! Finrod's heart is true and would not be easily swayed. Not by a bearded Naug hussy, and certainly he has better taste than you. Which is why he chose me. *everyone looks shocked and says "whoaaaaaaa", then runs and hides*
Old 04-09-2003, 09:41 PM   #291
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Quote:
Elves only marry once in the life of Arda, sweety. You are contradicting yourself. *smug* Which HoME book are you referring?
If they only marry once in life and, he married Amarie, then what the heck is he doing with you? It can be found in Volumes 10 and 11 of the Later Quenta Silmarillion.
Quote:
Lies Lies and more Lies! Finrod's heart is true and would not be easily swayed. Not by a bearded Naug hussy, and certainly he has better taste than you. Which is why he chose me. *everyone looks shocked and says "whoaaaaaaa", then runs and hides*
I'd hide too if I were you. Finrod chose you? For what? To do his laundry maybe.

Travel and Tourism Guide
Old 04-09-2003, 10:14 PM   #292
Ruinel
Banned

[SGH, did you try to lock me out?! *shocked* I thought we were having fun. Sooooorrrryyyy.] I'm not the one hiding. You misunderstood, that was everyone else getting out of the way.
I'm not much good at the domestics. I have other qualities and skills, ask Finrod. *thinks fondly of those nights in his arms*
And once again... he did NOT marry the witch! It doesn't actually say that he married her. It says that he "dwells in Aman with (the witch)" but so do many others, dwell in Aman that is. It means nothing. . She's probably locked up not far from where he lives, that's all. I have total faith in Finrod, he will wait for me there until I go to him. Then we can resume our.. *cough* ...relationship.

[Ok, now people are starting to ask me what I'm doing, because I'm laughing so hard I'm nearly falling out of my chair. Must stop until tomorrow.]
Old 04-09-2003, 10:16 PM   #293
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Lock you out?

Travel and Tourism Guide
Old 04-10-2003, 12:38 AM   #294
cassiopeia
Viggoholic

Quote:
Then you feel that this thread should not be limited to the characters who do good, but also those that do evil. Alright, have you stated your case for Ungoliant? I was browsing the other posts and couldn't find it.
On page 3 I said:
Quote:
She scared Melkor and rose against him, causing him great pain, which is impressive.
The dictionary defines impressive as: Making a strong or vivid impression; striking or remarkable. Certainly Ungoliant is that.
Old 04-10-2003, 05:20 AM   #295
Linaewen
Fair Dinkum

Quote:
The dictionary defines impressive as: Making a strong or vivid impression; striking or remarkable. Certainly Ungoliant is that.
Hmmm. That's right. I guess we have strayed away from that perspective in this thread, and tend to focus more on the admiration perspective of a character. Or perhaps it's mainly the 'good' characters that make an impression on us.
I agree, though. Ungoliant was certainly impressive because of her immense power.
Old 04-10-2003, 08:13 AM   #296
Ruinel
Banned

Quote:
Lock you out?
=.o
yes. When I tried to post a response to your post I got a message that I was denied access due to an administrative action. *looks suspiciously at SGH* Not to worry, it has been amended. I hold no grudge against you, if it was you. (I certainly understand your jeolousy over my beloved Finrod.)
Old 04-10-2003, 08:14 AM   #297
Ruinel
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by cassiopeia
On page 3 I said:

Yes, she is, at that. Anyone that can scare the crackers out of Melkor should be considered impressive. I'll give you that.
Old 04-10-2003, 09:45 AM   #298
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Quote:
=.o
yes. When I tried to post a response to your post I got a message that I was denied access due to an administrative action. *looks suspiciously at SGH* Not to worry, it has been amended. I hold no grudge against you, if it was you. (I certainly understand your jeolousy over my beloved Finrod.)
Well, I didn't do that. I enjoy the rivalry, although in your case, it is a futile cause.

Travel and Tourism Guide
Old 04-10-2003, 10:51 AM   #299
Ruinel
Banned

Quote:
Well, I didn't do that. I enjoy the rivalry, although in your case, it is a futile cause.
*wonders who it was then*

As for a futile cause, well, yes, that is true. You have absolutely no chance at all with Finrod. But, hey, keep hope alive. And it really isn't much of a rivalry, now is it? I mean, you can try all you want, struggle to the very bitter end... but in the end, after all, he is mine... all mine.
Old 04-10-2003, 11:04 AM   #300
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

I am going to pay for this, because we are so off topic, but one thing I will say for you is that you are persistant. However, you are not Finrod's type in anyway. Why don't you go find another. I think one of them lovely unmarried sons of Feanor would be more your speed. Maybe Celegorm, or Caranthir hmmm? If you would like to be close to Finrod though, you may try a flirt with that goof Orodreth.

Travel and Tourism Guide
Closed Thread