Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-10-2003, 06:51 AM   #241
Coney
The Buddy Rabbit

Quote:
Good god no! They'd dent the armor for sure The first one (not the car) did my head in - I'm sorry but he doesn't really have an artillery at his disposal now does he? (Mebbe that's why all the decoration is required? )
Actually, I'd like to know how he even takes a pee! It must be like pee'ing through a collander :/

Quote:
I just wanna know who the blacksmith is that would shoe those horses?
I reckon he/she would have to draw them in with a magnet! (wtf do they do at airport security?)

Quote:
We hardly ever pay for stuff like that - got connections ye see (hell this year alone I've been away free about 6 times) (jealous yet? )
Exceedingly ................ [pathetic grovelling] have I told you lately that you're my bestest friend in the whole wide world? [/pathetic grovelling]

Beatallica
Coney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2003, 07:02 AM   #242
Baby-K
Corruptor

Quote:
Actually, I'd like to know how he even takes a pee! It must be like pee'ing through a collander :/
Well, they prolly get the best stalls in a public lavvy, 'cos when they whip it out the other guys prolly run away in horror

Quote:
I reckon he/she would have to draw them in with a magnet! (wtf do they do at airport security?)
Almost said summin 'bout a magnet being the only thing to get it up Dunno at the airport though - ye reckon they have to declare it as metal smuggling or summin?

(and can ye imagine if they got infected? )

Quote:
Exceedingly ................ [pathetic grovelling] have I told you lately that you're my bestest friend in the whole wide world? [/pathetic grovelling]
Awe hun.................ye forgot SEXIEST, FUNNIEST and SMARTEST
Old 06-10-2003, 07:30 AM   #243
Coney
The Buddy Rabbit

Quote:
Awe hun.................ye forgot SEXIEST, FUNNIEST and SMARTEST
I've still got a ways to go with this grovelling malarky

At this rate I'll end up in a tent in texas

Beatallica
Old 06-10-2003, 08:18 AM   #244
Baby-K
Corruptor

Quote:
I've still got a ways to go with this grovelling malarky
Yeah - sorry, I aint any good at it either, so I can't help ye there, but I can think of a few other things ye can do while yer down there on yer knees

Quote:
At this rate I'll end up in a tent in texas
Is that a veiled way of saying ye'd rather go visit Ruinel?
Old 06-10-2003, 08:37 AM   #245
Coney
The Buddy Rabbit

Quote:
Yeah - sorry, I aint any good at it either, so I can't help ye there, but I can think of a few other things ye can do while yer down there on yer knees
Yeesh, it's always the same................yer try a bit of grovelling but yer always end up on yer knees........................polishing someones boots

Quote:
Is that a veiled way of saying ye'd rather go visit Ruinel?
*shudders*

*signs up for beginners grovelling 101*

I'd rather have a wet weekend in Bognor Regis

Beatallica
Old 06-10-2003, 09:07 AM   #246
Baby-K
Corruptor

Quote:
Yeesh, it's always the same................yer try a bit of grovelling but yer always end up on yer knees........................polishing someones boots
Ye canna polish suede boots!

Quote:
signs up for beginners grovelling 101
Hey, fancy meeting you here

Hope ye brought some kneepads - apparently we spend a lot of time on all fours in this course

Quote:
I'd rather have a wet weekend in Bognor Regis
Yer forgiven! Do ye have yer heart set on a tent or will a 3 bedroom, self catering cottage do?
Old 06-10-2003, 02:44 PM   #247
Coney
The Buddy Rabbit

Quote:
Yer forgiven! Do ye have yer heart set on a tent or will a 3 bedroom, self catering cottage do?
Hmmmm....... *thinks hard(ish)*

I suppose I'll have to rough it in the cottage (that means something way different in England, but nevermind).

It'll be a sacrifice to let go of all that fresh air, lumpy ground and various insects in return for the horrors of air conditioning, hot water comfy beds...........but wtf, we must endeavour to experience everything in life

Quote:
Ye canna polish suede boots!
Those are suede? Ooops

Beatallica
Old 06-10-2003, 10:51 PM   #248
Khamûl
Slacker
Warrior Admin

Please try to keep this thread on topic.

Psalm 107:31
Khamûl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2003, 06:03 AM   #249
Coney
The Buddy Rabbit

Quote:
Originally posted by Khamûl
Please try to keep this thread on topic.
Right you are Beany!

New experience, being scolded by Mr Bean.......lol

Beatallica
Old 06-13-2003, 10:57 AM   #250
wahine
The Original Amazonian Coconut

Quote:
Originally posted by Andúril
Hmmm....South Africa....

Nelson Mandela, gold, diamonds, Table mountain, birthplace of the almighty J.R.R Tolkien.....

Thinking of others....
Nelson Mandela is a communist.

Back to things we DONT know...
We have McDonalds and Starbucks.
Oh wait, you all were conquered by them too....
I'm kinda stuck in a rut in this thread, so I shall leave. Buh-bye.
Old 06-14-2003, 12:16 AM   #251
LuthienTinuviel
protector of orphaned rabbits

mmm 12:10 am, and still chugging coffee...
TIME TO REPLY TO SOME THREADS
first off, i have to wonder why im sitting here in michigan, in the most conservative backwater hick-town imaginagble when NZ is out there.
wow. i am so gonna get dual citizenship.
hey, maybe if i like it alot, i can just renounce being a US citizen altogether! isn't that a little slice of heaven.
but anyways... so NZ is anti-nuclear? AND your leader shows up to support you?
again, WHY am i sitting here?
From what you've said BoP, or Sheena (sp?) NZ sems pretty open to .. hmm how shall i say it... "non-traditional" things..
that's awesome..

oh but wait,. im supposed to be talking about my own country.
what can i say? we don't get along very well.

i think it's cause i like to think for myself, but i could be wrong... i just might not be pretty enough either. both of which are esp. good reasons to thin ksomeone is weird.

i can't wait to get out of here...

18 and out, 18 and out, 18 and out, 18 and out.

im going to germany this summer, for three weeks., two of them by myself.

ahh! guys with german accents are really hot, actually, i think that any accent is sweet... even if it's one of those annoying british kids ( just kidding! now put those sharp objects DOWN)

woo, caffene makes me all rambly... or maybe it was the alcohol BEFORE that....
Old 06-16-2003, 10:51 AM   #252
gimli-son-of-gloin13
Elven Warrior

MY COUNTRY SUCKS!!!! (USA)

Do you have any personality disorders, click here and see!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://public.findlaw.com/states_new.html

Find your rights as a student!
gimli-son-of-gloin13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2003, 01:12 PM   #253
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Well, a lot of people in this country suck. No doubt about that.

"North away." he said: "to the swords, and the siege, and the walls of defence - that yet for a while in Beleriand rivers may run clean, leaves spring, and birds build their nests, ere Night comes."

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide
Sister Golden Hair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2004, 01:51 AM   #254
gollum9630
Canadian Guy.

close all those stupid "why everyone thinks [insert country] is the best" threads and use this one.

Canada kicks ass because of hockey, and beavers, cant forget beavers

Wierd Harry Potter quotes

the old nintendo duck hunt game

Lemmings

Swron

Random Homer Simpson Quotes
gollum9630 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2004, 03:50 AM   #255
jerseydevil
I am Freddie/UNDERCOVER/ Founder of The Great Continent of Entmoot

Quote:
Originally posted by gollum9630
close all those stupid "why everyone thinks [insert country] is the best" threads and use this one.

Canada kicks ass because of hockey, and beavers, cant forget beavers
With the amount of bashing the US gets - it deserves to have a thrad that talks about what is good about it too. if you look at the last part of this thread - it also ended off at "the us sucks" basically.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

Memorial to the Twin Towers
New Jersey Map
Fellowship of the Messageboard
Legend of the Jersey Devil
Support New Jersey's Liberty Tower
Peacefire.org

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide

jerseydevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 06:44 AM   #256
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

bump

what is my country like?

i live in the south western peninsula of england, which is a country of the united kingdom, we have a constitutional monarchy, and a parliamentary democracy. the area i live in is between two small towns, about 12-15 miles from each, and i live in the shadow of hills, my village has about 50 houses, and the next village has about 75 houses, that is a half hour walk away. deer and wild horses and sheep wander up and down my lane frequently.

if you come to the south west, there are a few large cities and large towns to go visit

Devon: Exeter and Plymouth
Somerset: Taunton, Bridgwater, Bath/Wells, Bristol, W-s-M

there is also butlins holiday camp at minehead in somerset, but that is rubbish

there are also a load of small coastal towns geared up for tourists, such as exmouth, dawlish, brean, and so on
Last Child of Ungoliant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 08:08 AM   #257
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Nice bump.

I've been through Tauton. I recall getting very confused by the roundabout and accidentally going the long way around Devon. Then we tried to take a shortcut through the countryside (my suggestion), which took longer than if we had stayed on the highway. It was fun driving through this hilly country on a hot, sunny summer day, on a hilly road lined with hedgerows. I love hedgerows, but the only time you can really see anything is when there's a gate.

Nice part of the world you live in Chrys.

What's Canada like... well, British Columbia is nearly all mountainous terrain, and a very large province. In the south central area, and the Lower Mainland, we do have some excellent farmland. It's important to preserve (by the Agricultural Land Reserve) because only 2% of the province is arable! In these areas we grow a variety of crops, including apples (like the famous Canadian Fuji apple. Yum!), ginseng, peaches, plums, nectarines, corn, wheat, barley, broccoli, brussles sprouts, hay, hops (gotta have the hops!) and pretty much any vegetable you can name. There are also a lot of greenhouses in the Lower Mainland, with strawberries, tomatoes, peppers, etc. In the North West, we also have arable land, because it's part of the prairies. However, the growing season is much shorter, so mainly hay is grown.
There are many ranches and farms in the North west and South central areas. This is an important part of BCs history, and we have a couple famous ones (to western Canadians anyway) - Hat Creek Ranch, and Douglas Lake ranch, the largest in BC.
Lastly, about food in BC, generally we have quite a vibrant ethnic community. All cities and most towns have a vibrant ethnic community. Sometimes small, they always add to the cultural flavour. Immigrants from Asia are an important part of BCs history as well, and each community has a unique composition of people.
Prince George, the capital of the north, is much different from Vancouver, our largest city, with Greater Vancouver containing 2 million people (2/3 of the province's total population).
In Vancouver, you can get real Chinese food, like Congee! There are also many, many fine Japanese restaurants accross the city. Communities within Greater Vancouver are quite different from each other. Most people in Richmond have a Chinese background, while East Vancouver has the Punjabi market (eat at the Himalaya - great restaurant). IMO Richmond and Vancouver have the best Japanese restaurants. These are just examples, Vancouver is quite a varied place. I've only said a tiny slice of what it's really like.

I feel like I'm not making sense here. It works in my head anyway. I don't feel like I'm doing our province justice here, though I think in a lot of ways you could illustrate what the province is like right now with food.

I've left out sigificant parts of our history which affect us today. But I really need to go study Swedish now and/or repair my bicycle.

I'll leave with one last comment. BC is a Russian doll of communities. The largest, of course, of our fair province. Then you have all the regions - Lower Mainland, Vancouver Island, North-west, North-east, Interior, and South-east (more or less breaks down like that). Then you have the major cities, with the nearby smaller communities.

*For example, Kamloops, a city of about 85'000 has several communities that are dependant on us in a lot of ways, and we are part of the same community since many people from the smaller towns work and shop in Kamloops. When there was a major forest fire near us a few summers ago, we all dealt with it together. Our towns include Barrier, Lilloet, Clearwater, Savannah, Knutsford, Merritt (sort of. It has 3000 people and it's pretty self-sufficient) and several other fine places whose names escape me.

The next doll is each individual community. For example, Barrier. They are only 60km away from Kamloops, and many people work there. But they also have their own flavour, their own high school with its own rugby team (and they're really good too).

The last doll is each neighbourhood. People from Richmond don't just identify with other people from Richmond, but also (and probably more strongly) with people who also live in, say, the more rural eastern part of Richmond.

Small towns are an important part of British Columbia. We really value nature, and the ability to live near the forest. Sometimes people who live in cities don't understand that rural communities have something special - something you can't find in a city. But cities also have something you can't find in rural communities.
This concept probably has worldwide applications, but what is that something? In BC, it is the spirit of our province. There are some things we actually agree on, even though we have our rivalries.

But then, us BCers feel like we have something in common with Alberta and Saskatchewan, and maybe even Manitoba. And people from Western Canada, sometimes amazingly, feel like they have something in common with people from Eastern Canada. (Who, in turn, have Ontario, Québec, and the Maritime provinces feeling something in common with each other, and the West.)
The three territories probably feel united in being largely ignored by the rest of the country. This is too bad, since despite a small and fairly spread out population, I think they are pretty neat places to be. I especially want to visit the Yukon. (BC and the Yukon team up sometimes too.)

Well that's some of BC and even less about Canada. But it is a pretty great place.
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Nurvingiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 01:04 AM   #258
Melfena
Elven Warrior

i live in the U.S.A. specificaly michigan, to my knowlegde the only state to name a car after a president, and a president after a car.

There is really nothing interesting here, i live in the middle of no-where though with a lot of trees and two lakes, and if you go far enough north, you hit farm land.