Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-08-2010, 11:57 PM   #241
Acalewia
Halfelven Daughter of the Dunedain, President of Entmoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz View Post
Midge: you said it! I have six papers to write between now and the end of the month. I'd rather give birth to a cow.
I'd rather write six papers

*shudders*

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Don't be such a sour wolf" Stiles ~ Heart Monitor

http://www.wattpad.com/user/IceQueenofMitera
Acalewia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 12:08 AM   #242
Midge
Faithful Gardener

Honestly, I wouldn't know, but six papers sounds absolutely horrid to me.

While I'm waiting for the rule to time out, I have found some Entmoot irony. You know that bucket of cold water we keep in the Teacup to throw on Hector when he turns into a big colorblind green guy with purple shorts*? Well, apparently, one of his siblings joined Entmoot under the alias of b.banner. I don't know whether I'm just short on the uptake of this or whether no one really noticed it before, but it's something to talk about.

*Also. MORE reasons why Hector would make a scary and tyrannical leader:
  1. He has the capacity to lose his temper to the point where he metamorphoses into a giant green monster who wreaks havoc on the object of his anger - AND the only way we can get him to calm down is by throwing a bucket of cold water on him, thus making a mess that we'll then have to clean up.
  2. He is completely anti-fashion.. have you ever SEEN those purple shorts???
Psalm 56:11

"Starbuck, what do you hear?"
"Nothin' but the rain, sir!"
"Then grab your gun and bring in the cat."

Make sure to check out the C.S. Lewis forum. Game threads, movie and book discussions and more!

Midge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 01:24 AM   #243
Gwaimir Windgem
Dread Mothy Lord and Halfwitted Apprentice Loremaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar View Post
Yer just saying that because you're such a Mavrick! Mavricks are skinny. Cuz it burns a lot of calories to do all of that Mavericking... you know, when you're a Mavrick. Like you are. You Mavrick.
Dammit, Tess, you're going to make me spew wine all over my laptop.

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Gwaimir Windgem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 09:53 AM   #244
hectorberlioz
Master of Orchestration President Emeritus of Entmoot 2004-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midge View Post
[*]He is completely anti-fashion.. have you ever SEEN those purple shorts???[/list]
Are you sure you're talking about me, and not Jonathan? Oops, I mean Jona-Thong.

See Entmoot History For More Information On This Subject! Caution.

Acaly und Hektor fur Presidants fur EntMut fur life!
Join the discussion at Entmoot Election 2010.
"Stupidissimo!"~Toscanini
The Da CINDY Code
The Epic Poem Of The Balrog of Entmoot: Here ~NEW!
~
Thinking of summer vacation?
AboutNewJersey.com - NJ Travel & Tourism Guide
hectorberlioz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 03:37 PM   #245
Coffeehouse
Entmoot Minister of Foreign Affairs

I am happy to submit my candidateship to the Entmoot Election of 2010

I believe that the citizens of Entmoot have it in them to push higher and farther, and reach into our dreams of fantastical imagination with more intent than ever before! So far that you can smell the sweet rosebuds in the Shire, gasp at the sunrise above the glittering peaks of the Misty Mountains, hear the sound of a thousand horse hooves as they gallop across the plains of Rohan...

With our aspirations and passions we can reflect our dreams upon this world. We can throw Entmoot upon the stage of the Web and the World with more energy and enthusiasm than ever before! With the approaching Hobbit movies the citizens of Entmoot can welcome new and old followers of dear Tolkien and entrance them with the same dreams that we as citizens today enjoy here at Entmoot

Vote Coffeehouse! Make the Moot Dream possible, find the Magic in you!

Coffeehouse 2010 - Find the Magic in You
Coffeehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 03:41 PM   #246
Gwaimir Windgem

Despite occasional promotion by inked (who seems to be playing both sides), I would like to clarify that I am NOT running on a champagne platform, or any other. I oppose all power structures, overthrow, etc.

Our candidates demonstrate the reasons for my stance. Midge, trying to buy votes with donuts? The arrogance! The corruption! CH, waltzing in after 5 months and thinking he can win our trust back, after so much neglect? Not likely!

And, come on, we all know about the Acally/Hec campaign...

Vote NO on Entmoot Presidency!

(Please note: all of this is subject to change if a candidate starts to address my interests, made clear in the course of the campaigns )

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle

Last edited by Gwaimir Windgem : 04-09-2010 at 03:42 PM.
Old 04-09-2010, 04:29 PM   #247
Coffeehouse

As a candidate in the Entmoot Election of 2010 I am also seeking a running mate so that the ticket is complete So if you find yourself agreeing with the platform below and want to push that extra mile, don't hestitate, PM me!

The work you can expect from my presidency (if I am given that honourable opportunity!):

- To work tirelessly for every Entmootian citizen so that your rights to dreaming yourself away in our universe of adventure, literature and poetry always remains secured!

- To keep the Teacup Cafe always open and always in a state of harmony that is tailored-suited to your own, personal needs

- To work for the promotion of the Entmoot Anthem, of which a passage in a poem by William Blake could be an inspiration:
"What time the morn mysterious visions brings,
While purer slumbers spread their golden wings
A train of phantoms in wild order rose,
And, join'd, this intellectual sense compose.
I stood, methought, betwixt earth, seas, and skies;
The whole creation open to my eyes:
In air self-balanc'd hung the globe below,
Where mountains rise and circling oceans flow;
Here naked rocks, and empty wastes were seen,
There tow'ry cities, and the forests green:
Here sailing ships delight the wand'ring eyes:
There trees, and intermingled temples rise"

As citizens of Entmoot we settle for nothing but our highest dreams, for if our liberty of fantasy and story-telling is denied, that with so much pressing we have sought, it will be the greatest scandal. Make the Moot Dream possible! Vote Coffeehouse 2010!

Last edited by Coffeehouse : 04-09-2010 at 05:12 PM.
Old 04-09-2010, 05:04 PM   #248
Mari
Elf Lady

I vote against so much colour and font differences in 1 post

More seriously: welcome back and good luck

...The Earth laughs in flowers ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson, "Hamatreya"...
Mari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 05:08 PM   #249
Coffeehouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari View Post
I vote against so much colour and font differences in 1 post

More seriously: welcome back and good luck
Yeah you're right Some down-toning is in place
Old 04-09-2010, 05:20 PM   #250
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Ohoo, a new candidate! Good luck!

EDIT: I'd like to remind everyone intended on running as candidate that you have to announce candidacy before the 15th!
Old 04-09-2010, 05:27 PM   #251
Gwaimir Windgem

Aw...But, the head-ache inducing gaudiness, everything being oversized; it's like being back in America.

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Old 04-09-2010, 09:41 PM   #252
Acalewia
Halfelven Daughter of the Dunedain, President of Entmoot

Quote:
*Also. MORE reasons why Hector would make a scary and tyrannical leader:
  1. He has the capacity to lose his temper to the point where he metamorphoses into a giant green monster who wreaks havoc on the object of his anger - AND the only way we can get him to calm down is by throwing a bucket of cold water on him, thus making a mess that we'll then have to clean up.
  2. He is completely anti-fashion.. have you ever SEEN those purple shorts???
And you guys do know Hector isn't the one running for President, right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwaimir Windgem View Post
And, come on, we all know about the Acally/Hec campaign...
And what is that supposed to mean?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwaimir Windgem View Post
Aw...But, the head-ache inducing gaudiness, everything being oversized; it's like being back in America.
Lmao

CH, on page 4 there are questions for the canidates.

Speaking of Questions for the Canadates: Is there any way to post the answers where the voters can see the side by side so they may compare answers so they can be better informed on their decision?

Just a thought...

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Don't be such a sour wolf" Stiles ~ Heart Monitor

http://www.wattpad.com/user/IceQueenofMitera
Acalewia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 10:16 PM   #253
Gwaimir Windgem

It means I don't want Hector for VP; what if you died? We'd be back in the pit of corruption like before.

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Old 04-09-2010, 10:34 PM   #254
hectorberlioz
Master of Orchestration President Emeritus of Entmoot 2004-2008

TEACUP TABLE GAZETTE
SHOCKING NEWS!!!
READ BELOW FOR THE M0ST SCANDALFYING NEWS TO EVER COME OUT OF AN ENTMOOT PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION! EVEN WE ARE STUNNED!

Early this morning it was discovered that a certain presidential candidate has been in league with and a member of the anti-Tolkien Party of Upper Silesia for over fifteen years!

The anti-Tolkien Party of Upper Silesia's website introduces their central purposes as: ridding the world of all Tolkien and Tolkien-related books, squashing any notion that fantasy literature is good or healthy, and burning down all trees and forests for the use of printing anti-Tolkien tracts.

This sinister group has evaded Silesian authorities for over 36 years. The group leader, whose identity is unknown except for the alias "Mr. Brown," has repeatedly threatened librarians, book store clerks, and the CEOs of Houghton & Mifflin to stop promoting Tolkien's works. Several librarians were found dead in the Thames last month. A bookstore clerk was found dead buried under a pile of Tolkien's books.

Authorities are at a loss as to any suspects, and have no clue whatsoever about what to do. "But don't worry, we'll get 'em!" said police commissioner Halbert.

The police are also encouraging citizens to hide their Tolkien books, and to report any person whose nostril's flare at the mention of "Tolkien" "The Lord of the Rings" "The Hobbit" "The Silmarillion" "History of Middle Earth" "Peter S. Beagle" and "Humphrey Carpenter."

Acaly und Hektor fur Presidants fur EntMut fur life!
Join the discussion at Entmoot Election 2010.
"Stupidissimo!"~Toscanini
The Da CINDY Code
The Epic Poem Of The Balrog of Entmoot: Here ~NEW!
~
Thinking of summer vacation?
AboutNewJersey.com - NJ Travel & Tourism Guide

Last edited by hectorberlioz : 04-09-2010 at 10:37 PM.
hectorberlioz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 11:03 PM   #255
inked
Elf Lord

Kofehauz, du kan mimik Obama very wel. Hav du ben nominatd fur de Nobel Priz yet?

I dink dat Gwai iz waging a steld kampan. He'z a denier. Just vait until de vots ar in. Den ve shal se.

Hektor und Acally!
"And there is always the danger of allowing people to suppose that our modern times are so wholly unlike any other times that the fundamental facts about man's nature have wholly changed with changing circumstances." Dorothy L. Sayers, 1 Sept. 1941
inked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 05:28 AM   #256
Jonathan
Entmoot Attorney-General,
Equilibrating the Scales of Justice, Administrator

Demanding responsability

My-my! The Teacup Table Gazzette reveals within the Party of Upper Silesia an evil so vast that it could make even Sauron's legs shake like a baby deer. For sure, I'll keep my Tolkien books locked-in with around-the-clock camera surveillance

I was thinking, in the wake of the campaigning here, the Gazette's readership has certainly sky-rocketed in an unprecedented way in the history of Tolkien-dedicated messageboards. In the light of this admirable success, isn't it time that we, the loyal readers, scrutinise this magazine a bit, for quality assurance?

Okay, the newspaper might want to vehemently protect its sources. Thus we are unable to check with the sources whether the news presented to us are indeed altogether true. Still, we should demand answers as to how the Gazette secures its information. Is it routine to have a scoop confirmed by at least two independent sources?

The kicker however is this: Who the fudge is the publisher?
From whom can the readers demand ultimate responsibility, honesty and trustworthy news?
To whom does a person turn if he or she is being hounded by the Gazette journalists?
From whom could an innocent person seek redress and compensation, in the event of being prematurely judged or unfairly portrayed by the Gazette?

These are important questions.

I won't recoil from insinuating the possibility that the publisher has an agenda. An agenda which we the readers have a right to be aware of, lest we risk being manipulated!

And god forbid that the publisher turns out to be one of the presidential candidates or their running mates! The very idea of a politician secretly misusing the media to plant his or her own twisted conceptions into the minds of the voters...

*Needs to sit down at this unfathomable and shocking thought*

Well, to cut it short I think the revelation of the identity of the publisher is of utmost importance! Those who agree, raise your hands
An unwritten post is a delightful universe of infinite possibilities. Set down one word, however, and it immediately becomes earthbound. Set down one sentence and it’s halfway to being just like every other bloody entry that’s ever been written.
Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 05:32 AM   #257
Coffeehouse

These are my answers to the Questions for the Candidates posted on page 4:
I hope you enjoy the answers and get a better understanding of what sort of Presidency you can expect from me

1. While Entmoot is our beloved home of fantasy and imagination, it is not a self-organizing organism. It's parts, you, the members of the Moot, give it its unique characteristics, but in order for this extraordinary creature to move in the right direction a stern hand is needed! One that can stand as the epitome of its ambitions and achievements-to-come. I believe I can, by standing on the strong shoulders of my fellow Mooters, push a little further into the depths of dreams. Vote Coffeehouse, Find the Magic in You!

2. Yes, Peter Jackson was inspired by several renditions from the cartoons.

3. In the ongoing diplomatic row between Fangorn and Mirkwood, communication is important, and under my presidency I will ensure that the best and brightest of envoys is sent to Mirkwood so that Fangorn's concerns of the dwindling number of deciduous trees and moss-covered branches is dealt with speedily!

4. The 90-second rule is a plague for every Entmootian citizen. We have fought for better things than that! I will, immediately upon election, call a meeting with other more permanent (but very ineffective!) powers of the Moot: this requires a solution, we demand it! Vote Coffeehouse 2010!

5. The Swiss Bank of Entmoot is a perfect example of the reckless administrative behaviour of previous administrations. Under my presidency strict rules of bank-conduct will be enforced, every Entmootian citizen can be sure that they're Moot Dollars, Pounds, Euro, Yen and Kroner are safe and secure in the vaults and that no savings, no savings, are lost!
It is time for a new era of openness and a quality of bank that every Entmootian citizen deserves!

6. MootCare is a burdening problem for every Mooter and it is far overdue for a change! Run-away costs and Mooters unable to ensure themselves due to pre-existing conditions is a shocking situation. Under my presidency I will work tirelessly to address this issue and will ask for approval to start up a MootCare thread where you're concerns are answered up-front. Today MootCare is Mootless. Find the Magic with me, Find the Moot in MootCare!

7. The pony's name is Bob. He's a retired neurosurgeon and he likes liquor-chocolate. Don't stare at him, it eggs him on.

8. It has come to my attention that the grave problems of decreasing chocolate supplies in Fangorn Forest is caused by the insatiable lust of certain squirrels. As a result an exploding cost of dental bills and accelerating rate of emergency tooth-pulling has ensued. The solution must be to hide the chocolate from the squirrels, paint lots of bark a dark-chocolate color and put them in easily-available crates marked 'Chocolate'.

9. As a Mooter I have come to appreciate the great courage and sacrifice of Samwise Gamgee and the great lengths he went to help his friends and ultimately destroy the Ring. Gamgee, an uneducated, rural gardener, who never had set foot outside of Shire, shows the world that it is the magic in your heart, and not the corrupting forces of a scheming mind, that does wonders. He stands as a hero for all Entmooters, and in my presidency I will try to emulate his conviction. Samwise looked to the organic... to plants and to nature for inspiration and knowledge. Entmoot and the Teacup Cafe emulate this vision for a green and brighter future. With my humble leadership I will try to push further for more of this... more magic!

10. The saga of Tolkien, Entmoot and the Entmootian citizens does not need much aid in reaching out to all corners of the world. It's collective imagination spreads already out across the globe. We're firmly rooted here, like old Ents, and in the most unlikely corners of the Web you can see in the distance that swaying, green treetop that is Entmoot But the little push that is needed I believe I can provide, together with the rest of the Moot, to light the way for more fantasy-souls who have yet to discover the awesomeness of the world of Tolkien

Vote Coffeehouse 2010 - Find the Magic in You!

Last edited by Coffeehouse : 04-10-2010 at 05:35 AM.
Old 04-10-2010, 12:09 PM   #258
Midge
Faithful Gardener

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acalewia View Post
And you guys do know Hector isn't the one running for President, right?
Note: I do know that Hector is only running for VP. However, there is a very strong and funny voice trying to convince everyone that he should be president for life. Most of my posts about Hector are bringing to people's attention why that should never happen.

And I just want to put out there that those doughnuts are gone. Whether you're voting for me or not, you probably ate one because there were TONS. Also - it doesn't matter because I was mostly practicing hospitality. If you just happened to like my hospitality, good for you.

Also: *raises hand*
Psalm 56:11

"Starbuck, what do you hear?"
"Nothin' but the rain, sir!"
"Then grab your gun and bring in the cat."

Make sure to check out the C.S. Lewis forum. Game threads, movie and book discussions and more!

Midge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 12:27 PM   #259
Jonathan
Entmoot Attorney-General,
Equilibrating the Scales of Justice, Administrator

Quote:
Phenomenal! Thank you Midge, yours is a strong voice for an independent and trustworthy media culture
An unwritten post is a delightful universe of infinite possibilities. Set down one word, however, and it immediately becomes earthbound. Set down one sentence and it’s halfway to being just like every other bloody entry that’s ever been written.
Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 04:06 PM   #260
Varnafindë
Princess of the Noldor (and Administrative Empress of the Lone Islands)

Quote:
*also raises hand*

Signature picture art - Bard the Bowman - by vigshane
Avatar art - Footsteps of Spring (a young Luthien) - by Henning Janssen
Varnafindë is offline   Reply With Quote