Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-07-2002, 09:13 PM   #1
Handmaiden of Yavanna
Elven Warrior

Bree to Moria RPG

Lara brushed her black hair from her face irritably. Would her horse go any faster? She sighed and gave her horse, Sarn, another jab in the ribs with her heel gently. Her horse replied with a snort and managed to get into a canter along the long dusty road, littered with rocks. It had been four days since she had passed the great ancient watchtower at Weathertop and she had just exited Midgewater, for which she was very thankful was over. In the distance she could see the dark roofs of Bree looming before the horizon. The golden air of late afternoon was lurid with hints of the coming night. She would arrive by evening.

She reached the gates by the estimated time, her mind heavy with the duty set before her. She arrived at a quaint little inn in the middle of the town, called the Prancing Pony. She immediately went to the stables, and dismounted, giving Sarn to the stable boy, then went inside. The air of the inn was smoky with the scent of many pipes, and the atmosphere of the room was warm and homey. She walked up to the man that seemed like the innkeeper. His bright green eyes were smiling along with his mouth. Obviously he was not one to take advantage of someone, he looked too stupid for that.

"Yes? Can I help you?" He asked with a cheerful voice.

Lara smiled back at him, "Yes, I seek lodgings for the evening. And I was wondering if you had some food around here, for I am very hungry from riding."

"Oh yes lass, you are a lass, I suspect, for the way you dress caught me off guard when I saw you enter the inn."

Lara grinned back good-naturedly. She was used to such comments as these, for she dressed as a man would in a white shirt, green tunic, and brown trousers, with a blue cloak draped across her shoulders gracefully. Only her long black hair and feminine features gave away her true gender, "Yes, you suspected right, now where might I find a room?"

The innkeeper smiled, "Follow me," He said leading her up some stairs.

He showed her to a room, told her that if she needed anything all she needed to do was go down stairs and call for it at the front counter.

After the innkeeper had left, Lara went right to a small desk in the corner and from a concealed pocket in her coat, drew a scroll from it and spread it across the top. Tracing her finger down the letters she found that she only had one week in Bree to accomplish her mission. One of every race, her commander had said, to witness the retaking of Moria.
She wandered wayward for a time, from the gardens of the gods to climb the everlasting mountains free that look upon the outmost sea, and never wandered back but stayed softly singing from glade to glade.
Handmaiden of Yavanna is offline   Reply With Quote