Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-05-2002, 02:19 PM   #221
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

OOC: But Alaird is born so don't count years. Just have Elrond gone otherwise this is gonna be another plot follower. Have Celeborn instead. Please!
Finrod Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2002, 02:22 PM   #222
Tar-Elendil
Númenorean

Quote:
Originally posted by Finrod Felagund
OOC: This is enough years after the war for Sam and Pippin to have a grandson and when Frodo left, Sam only had Elanor so Elrond is definitely gone. Alaird IS born so its more than four years after. We can alter the plot of our RPG but not other characters lives. And please don't call me an ass. I would really appreciate that.
i wasnt trying to alter other characters' lives. read my posts. i was justs aying the time is messed up. not saying alaird should get out of the rpg. i was saying the time would be messed up. You freak out because i was merely going by the writing of tolkien. how did u even get the idea iw as trying "to alter other characters' lives" geez.
Old 06-05-2002, 02:25 PM   #223
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

OOC: I didn't freak out. I wasn't going around name calling. That's beside the point. Lets just all get along and back to the RPG!
Old 06-05-2002, 02:32 PM   #224
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

Fimbren took Lara aside and said, "Lara, you were wise to bring us here. I was wondering, where is Earang." Everyone then realized that Falinaur/Earang was not with them. Dai and Laredith were both thinking how right they had been not to trust him. Fimbren's faith in him was certainly shaken but he maintained that he would never betray them. He then explained that he had killed the leaders of the orc host following so they would be quite disorganized and easier to defeat so Celeborn sent some scouts to find the orcs.
Old 06-05-2002, 03:24 PM   #225
samwise of the shire
Radically Tolkienited

Location: If home is where the heart is, and my heart is in heaven...that should answer your question. <+><
Quote:
Shutup how many years after the war is this?
I looked it up in my appendixes and I do believe it's been 70 years since the war of the Ring. From what I can gather of Shire records and all. When was Moria supposed to be reclaimed? I can leave the RPG quickly. An attack of orcs swiftly in the night catching us unawares should take care of our problem.
What do you think?
Sam
~J.R.R Tolkien
Radically Saved, Totally Tolkienited
GOD...
BLESS...
AMERICA...
samwise of the shire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2002, 03:34 PM   #226
Tar-Elendil
Númenorean

i never said to leave the rpg..i want you to STAY in the rpg.
all im saying is the time is weird and isnt corresponding with the appendices which is alright.

this all started when i brought elrond intot he story. its 4 years after the war of the ring and elrond should sitll be there.
whaever..who cares.. lets just over look that please and make this awhole lot easier?

Last edited by Tar-Elendil : 06-05-2002 at 03:39 PM.
Tar-Elendil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2002, 04:25 PM   #227
Nariel Starfire
Elven Warrior

ooc: sheesh. enough arguing. Jus tedit the post with elrond in it. Replace him with Elladan or Elrohir and we'll be fine. And if you insist on him being there, then don't make him a major character. And maybe the person who started this RPG could intervene and give us a clue as to how long after the War this is. In any case, I'm going to post.

BIC:
Kal had been half conscious for what seemed like days. She knew when she was on a horse, but had no idea who was directing it or where it was going. Then she felt herself being lifted off the horse and being carried. She hated being carried. It always made her feel vulnerable. Her subconcious mind was working overtime to try to gather information, while her conscious lay in a stupor. "Dear Eru, what is that?" she heard faintly. Elvish, it sounded like. Then, nothing.

When she finally did open her eyes, the light blinded her momentarily. As her eyes adjusted to the brightness, she noticed plants growing all around. An Elf stood above her. An Elf? She tried to rise, but a strong hand on her shoulder kept her from doing so.
"Nay, my lady," she heard. "You must rest. You may speak if you wish, but for another day you must not rise."
"WHo are you?" she asked, her voice barely above a whisper.
"I am Elrohir."
"I am--" she was interrupted.
"You are Kalnarnen, the Dwarf-Elf. I have heard tell of you."
"And what have you heard?" Her voice was getting stronger.
"I've heard that--"now Elrohir was interrupted by someone entering. Kal looked to see who it was.
"Maew!" she said.
"Yes, Kal. I see you're better already. The Elves know their business."

"But what about the R.O.U.Ses?"

Yours Truly, The Tisroc
-You forgot to say "May he live forever"
-That's because I don't want him to live forever!
- The Horse and his Boy--C.S. Lewis
Nariel Starfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2002, 04:31 PM   #228
Katt_knome_hobbit
Dead

Location: on the floor, under the table, just to your left, your other left
OOC: In the next battle I want to kill myself off doing something noble. I'm useless right now. I'm always refered to as one of the hobbits and I know the other hobbit is annoyed by that.

I thought that Alcohol was just for those with nothing else to do.
I thought that drinking just to get drunk was a waste of precious booze.
But now I know that there's a time and there's a place where I can choose
To walk the fine line between self control and self abuse.

"Lacerations make complications, but welts go away in a day."
Katt_knome_hobbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2002, 05:27 PM   #229
Handmaiden of Yavanna
Elven Warrior

ooc: It does not matter what time it is in ME. Just go with the flow of the story. If Alaird is born or not and if Elrond is there is very trivial in the light of eternity. Also, if you want to discuss something that would take a long time, go to the discussion thing. I'll set it up right now, so if you have something to say that does not pertain to the story, go to "Bree to Moria discussion" so it wouldn't interup the story. NO MORE FIGHTING! Its not good to fight, think gandhi and peace and stuff
She wandered wayward for a time, from the gardens of the gods to climb the everlasting mountains free that look upon the outmost sea, and never wandered back but stayed softly singing from glade to glade.
Handmaiden of Yavanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2002, 06:02 PM   #230
Eäráng
Elven Warrior

The Final Battle (Pt. 3)

Eäráng looked up from the ground and saw the most amazing spectacle. The 36 Orc Captains that were left behind had their general up high in the air, holding him up as if to congratulate him on the death of the dwarf. Just then, the elven blade Glamdring shone a bright blue and knocked the Orc Captains out, almost killing them. Eäráng found the strength to stand back up, and the Uruk-hai was stunned with disbelief. "WHAT?!? No! It can't be! I killed you!" was all that came from the Uruk-hai before Eäráng sliced his arm off, along with the Madh-shapat, into the abyss that the Uruk-hai had carved into the ground.

After that, the Uruk-hai found the strength of ten thousand men and came charging after the dazed Eäráng. He charged the elf into the ground, then started to devour him, or would have, had it not been for the large, shadowy figure, or figures, that had appeared behind him.
Eäráng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2002, 11:59 PM   #231
Tar-Elendil
Númenorean

They stayed in Rivendell for a matter of days until Kal was allowed out of bed. Now they took council on the porch of Elrond's house.
Old 06-06-2002, 02:40 PM   #232
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

Fimbren was very to the point. "We should take the most direct route, the same taken by the nine walkers. But we have larger numbers so..." he let everyone else realize what he was saying. Being in the open was less dangerous than it had been for the fellowship.
Old 06-06-2002, 04:38 PM   #233
Eäráng
Elven Warrior

The Final Battle (Pt. 4)

The dark, shadowy figures devoured the Uruk-hai, then turned on Eäráng. They were large, even more so than the Uruk-hai, and they wanted the elf. Eäráng looked at them and saw what they really were: Balrogs. Three of them were positioned to take the remnants of the elf's body, while the largest one, the lead Balrog, was over the elf. The Balrog opened his massive wings, he looked very majestic for a Balrog. In its hands, it held a large cat-o'-nine-tails and a large, scimitar-like sword, which had very sharp designs on the blade. The sword looked like it was on fire, with a blue flame on the end of the blade.
Eäráng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2002, 05:29 PM   #234
samwise of the shire
Radically Tolkienited

Location: If home is where the heart is, and my heart is in heaven...that should answer your question. <+><
Alaird had been so bewildered by the last few days he didn't bother trying to figure them out. It seemed all to be a dream to the young hobbit, a blur of fighting,running, and chaos. He could only remeber the wounds he had healed and bandaged, but other than that he could not remember anything else.
They were being led to the porch of Elrong where council would be taken as to the best way to take Moria and Alaird meant to sit near enough to understand what was going on. Elrohir led the way to the porch and the company sat all in their own thoughts of grim death and forbodding danger...all except Alaird.
The young hobbit wiggle and squirmed as he tried looking this way an that from where he was sitting, but it was impossible to take it in. This was a beautiful place and excitement ran through his veins as he realized this was where Frodo Baggins had bravely decided to stand forth and become the Ringbearer to his own expense. Katt whom he was sitting with looked side ways at him"Alaird what are you doing?" she asked.
Alaird looked sideways back at Katt. His eyes wandered as he tried to talk to her"Oh. It's hard to beleive this is the very place where the fate of the world was decided. For a hobbit it's kind of hard to take in. Dont you think?" Katt nodded. Alaird opened his mouth to speak but she hushed him."The council is gong to begin. HUSH"
The hobbit shut his mouth but then turned to her to whisper"Katt. I need to talk to you about something important after we're done.Right?" Katt nodded.
Fimbren stood and spoke of the dangers and good of taking the original trail that the nine walkers had taken. Alaird figidet and then stood. Clearing his throat a couple of times he spoke.
" First off I would like to say I came on this quest to seek out the trail of my grandfathers...Peregrin Took knight of King Ellesar and thain of the Shire, and Samwise Gamgee Servant to the Ringbearer and part time Ringbearer himself for a short while.From Woodhall in The Shire to Gondor and...Mordor I wish to travel to see the wonders my Sires saw. But I changed my mind. After I came to this company and travelled with them sharing their hurts and pain and seeing how steadfast they are I wish to stay with them and not to leave. Please Master Elrohir do not send me nor my fellow hobbit away back to our lands like your father woudl have sent my Grandsire Peregrin.
Second I wish to state something that has been on my mind...A few weeks ago Laredith told me of a creature who was following us and a few nights ago beneath Kals window while I was watching her and changing her bandage I heard a rustling beneath the window. Do you now of this creature? Why does it pursue us? And why have orcs known of our quest befre we even set out form Bree? What is going on? Why are we retaking Moria. From tales I have heard it is a dangerous place. So why are we re trying?
Alaird bowed and then sat down amid the hidden smiles of his companions. Lara then stood and opened her mouth to speak.
Sam
~J.R.R Tolkien
Radically Saved, Totally Tolkienited
GOD...
BLESS...
AMERICA...
samwise of the shire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2002, 07:36 PM   #235
Handmaiden of Yavanna
Elven Warrior

"As you all may know, the reason of this mission is to get to Moria to witness its retaking and help in it as well." Lara turned to Alaird who sat patiently listening, "The reason why we must retake it is very simple. Mithril. The stuff holds longer and takes harder blows than steel and is lighter than other metals as well. To retake it, would be to have Mithril again, and it would sort of be a closing chapter of the War of the Ring. For the dwarves especially." Lara sat, and let the son of Elrond, Elladan, take the floor.

"I have known long of the plan to retake Moria," The elf started, "In fact, it has been a fond dream of the King for many years and now it seems to be happening. Captain Lara is correct. To retake Moria would be a conclusion to the story of the ring and even a conclusion to Mithrandir, who defeated the Balrog that lived there in the first place. I believe you should continue your quest, but with you I shall send a troop of my own soldiers so if you did meet up with any other orc hosts, you would not be so out numbered." The elf ended sitting by his wife.

"I believe we have no choice but to move on," Said Halbarad, "To have mithril once more would be a great advantage, it would also give the dwarves somthing to do again," He added with a grin...
She wandered wayward for a time, from the gardens of the gods to climb the everlasting mountains free that look upon the outmost sea, and never wandered back but stayed softly singing from glade to glade.

Last edited by Handmaiden of Yavanna : 06-08-2002 at 04:09 PM.
Handmaiden of Yavanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2002, 10:34 PM   #236
Menelvagor
Elf Lord

'Right then.' said Maew, seeking to hasten their decision. 'We shall retake Moria, going by the fastest possible route. A force from Gondor and Erebor will be entering from the east gate and will hopefully win through the mines and we shall be able to trap the orcs between us. On our side of the mountains we shall have ourselves and the strength of elves. I move that scouts be sent out to meet with the dwarves and Gondorim. I volunteer for this duty.' He looked at Kal then, 'If your leg is healed well enough to begin on the morrow, I would suggest that you accompany me, Dain's force may be better recieved if greeted by one of their kin. Strife between allies is hardly productive.'

Last edited by Menelvagor : 06-07-2002 at 12:59 PM.
Menelvagor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2002, 08:19 AM   #237
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

"What do you mean Dain's force?" asked Fimbren, "Dain died in the War of the Ring. Nothenless, what if we were to come from this side and the dwarves from the other. Then those withing would be trapped in a vice."
Old 06-07-2002, 10:16 AM   #238
Laredith
Enting

Laredith mused on the words that were being spoken at the counsil. "I think I agree with Fimbren. I don't believe they would expect two armies, each one coming from either side," Laredith told them.
Laredith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2002, 12:57 PM   #239
Menelvagor
Elf Lord

'You misunderstand me, the name of Dain was but a slip for which I apologize, and I agree that it is the best plan is to trap them between us. However, we must keep in mind that our force will be much weaker than the one at the east-gate. We have only ourselves and a small host of elves to pit against the orcs until the dwarves and Gondorim arrive, communication is needed between us. Halbarad, the King sent forth soldiers to aid in the battle, did he not? When would they draw nigh the Dimril Dale, have we time to send someone before they would attack?'
Menelvagor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2002, 01:04 PM   #240
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

"Numbers aren't everything" said Fimbren, "We have men and women of such strength and valour here..." he trailed off and let them think about this.