Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 02-25-2004, 06:11 PM   #201
BeardofPants
the Shrike

The snuff I'm familiar with is snorted up the nose. Also disgusting.
Old 02-25-2004, 06:15 PM   #202
Falagar
Death of Mooters and [Entmoot] Internal Affairs

Quote:
Originally posted by Ruinel
What does the tabacco product look like? Do they chew it? Do they hold it between their cheek and gum?
They put it between the overlip and gum, if I'm not much mistaken (easy to notice).
Quote:
The snuff I'm familiar with is snorted up the nose. Also disgusting
I agree. Can't see why anyone would do it out of their own free will.

Last edited by Falagar : 03-03-2004 at 12:22 PM.
Falagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 12:21 PM   #203
Lalaith_Elf
Her Infernal Majesty

I just have to share this... I don't know why, I just think it's quite funny.

I was smoking the other day, without realising I was blowing the smoke through my nose. I now have a great pic of my mate and myself doing that and it's quite funny - I guess it might be one of those things you have to look at...

Anyway all this talk of smoking is making me want a tab so I'm off....
"It is a good viewpoint to see the world as a dream. When you have something like a nightmare, you will wake up and tell yourself that it was only a dream. It is said that the world we live in is not a bit different from this." - Yamamoto Tsunetomo

Last edited by Lalaith_Elf : 03-03-2004 at 01:14 PM.
Lalaith_Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 01:59 PM   #204
The Gaffer
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally posted by Lalaith_Elf
Anyway all this talk of smoking is making me want a tab so I'm off....
You jammy sod. Have one for me too.
The Gaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 02:15 PM   #205
Lalaith_Elf
Her Infernal Majesty

Quote:
Originally posted by The Gaffer
You jammy sod. Have one for me too.
Oh I will... I will
"It is a good viewpoint to see the world as a dream. When you have something like a nightmare, you will wake up and tell yourself that it was only a dream. It is said that the world we live in is not a bit different from this." - Yamamoto Tsunetomo
Old 03-04-2004, 05:32 AM   #206
The Gaffer
Elf Lord

Well?? How was it?
Old 03-04-2004, 02:30 PM   #207
Lalaith_Elf
Her Infernal Majesty

It was sweet!

And smoking has it's advantages (well to me it does). I was smoking on the fire escape (the smokers spot) outside our common room and the guy I really like came out, so it was just us two smokers, talking together - a major step from the occasional "hey" to each other and the "i think your gorgeous" comment he made to me at the last party we were at.

I know it's harms your health but smoking rules!!!
Old 03-04-2004, 05:53 PM   #208
The Gaffer
Elf Lord

Oh yes, you always meet the most interesting people hanging around the outside smoking fags at conferences and the like.

Of course now I sit inside in the warm and feel sorry for (and slightly jealous of) them.
Old 03-05-2004, 12:18 PM   #209
Lalaith_Elf
Her Infernal Majesty

I take it your trying to quit.

I'm not going to be very supportive here, cos I've just got to say.

DON'T

SMOKE!!!!! SMOKE UNTIL YOU DIE!!!!!!!!!! [/addictive smoker mode]

My mates trying to give up as well - she's not going to good at the moment. But I'm actually being suportive. I'm helping her and not smoking near her.
Old 03-08-2004, 02:03 PM   #210
The Gaffer
Elf Lord

Oh yeah. I'm also trying not to be a giving up smoking bore, but with limited success.

I don't mind other people smoking around me. Quite like the passive thing, actually. What I miss most is the excuse for doing nothing for 5 minutes when work it doing my head in (like it was today)

Don't worry, I'm going to start again if I make it to 75.

PS - tell your mate, if she's really serious, that Alan Carr book is really good. Not read it myself, but mates have and rave about it. Also I just read an interview with him in the paper and it helped! ("When did you decide that you would smoke for the rest of your life?")

Also, I find the nicotine chewing gum helps too. It's kind of like you're cheating yourself because you're still getting nicotine, but it's better than the patches (you get a hit off it) and it helps to get you over the psychological dependence.

Last edited by The Gaffer : 03-08-2004 at 02:06 PM.
Old 03-08-2004, 02:42 PM   #211
Lalaith_Elf
Her Infernal Majesty

Well I'm proud of myself - I've cut down. I didn't smoke as much today as I usually do - I just have to see if I can keep it up!!!

And my friend isn't really serious - she stole my cigarette at the end of school ().

Yeah nicotine gum's okay - I can't afford the patches though, they're too expensive. Far cheaper to buy cigarettes.
Old 03-09-2004, 05:40 AM   #212
The Gaffer
Elf Lord

He he. Yes, isn't it funny how the cost of the patches is roughly the same as the cost of smoking 20 a day? Pharmaco bar stewards. Nationalise the lot of 'em, I say.

Though the patches do give you bizarre, extremely vivid dreams.
Old 03-16-2004, 06:46 PM   #213
Lalaith_Elf
Her Infernal Majesty

Hey, I've cut down. I've actually suprised myself!
Old 03-16-2004, 08:59 PM   #214
Mrs Maggot
Enting

Quote:
I was smoking on the fire escape (the smokers spot) outside our common room and the guy I really like came out, so it was just us two smokers, talking together - a major step from the occasional "hey" to each other and the "i think your gorgeous" comment he made to me at the last party we were at.
Yes, smoking can be a great picking up excuse. Donating a cigarette to a cute guy is a great way to start up a conversation, and if you want to have a nice little private conversation with someone you like, 'Let's go outside for a smoke' can come in handy. You see? We smokers can always find a way to justify our habit!
Old 03-17-2004, 12:45 PM   #215
Lalaith_Elf
Her Infernal Majesty

Quote:
Originally posted by Mrs Maggot
Yes, smoking can be a great picking up excuse. Donating a cigarette to a cute guy is a great way to start up a conversation, and if you want to have a nice little private conversation with someone you like, 'Let's go outside for a smoke' can come in handy. You see? We smokers can always find a way to justify our habit!
It's so true. I know for a fact that this guy always carries stuff round (he smokes roll-ups now instead of packet ones), and for the past week, he has been following me out everytime I go out to smoke, and asks to borrow one, then if he finishes before me he always waits until I'm finished mine. Even though he sits about a meter from the door and my group sits at the otherside, he waits to walk me in, the few inches from the fire escape!

Smoking is great!
Old 03-17-2004, 04:23 PM   #216
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Mrs Maggot
However the comment "I don't smoke" or "I can't stand the smoke" always seems a great killer of that sort of conversation.

Smoking may be great for the smoker (until the nasty side effects kick in) but the people around the smoker may disagree with that.
Old 03-17-2004, 04:28 PM   #217
Lalaith_Elf
Her Infernal Majesty

Quote:
Originally posted by Eärniel
However the comment "I don't smoke" or "I can't stand the smoke" always seems a great killer of that sort of conversation.

Smoking may be great for the smoker (until the nasty side effects kick in) but the people around the smoker may disagree with that.
Hence the reason that I never smoke near people who don't like it. Even when I'm in the centre of where I live I always stand in a secluded corner. It's nice - gives me time to think.
Old 03-17-2004, 05:09 PM   #218
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Lalaith_Elf
Hence the reason that I never smoke near people who don't like it.
Then you're more thoughtful than most smokers I've met.

Just today there was a guy who just couldn't wait until the metro stopped to light a sigarette. (Smoking in the metro is forbidden). The two girls and I that sat in the back end of the metro spent ten minutes prying the windows open to let the smoke out and have some air to breath.
Old 03-17-2004, 05:16 PM   #219
Lalaith_Elf
Her Infernal Majesty

Quote:
Originally posted by Eärniel
Then you're more thoughtful than most smokers I've met.

Just today there was a guy who just couldn't wait until the metro stopped to light a sigarette. (Smoking in the metro is forbidden). The two girls and I that sat in the back end of the metro spent ten minutes prying the windows open to let the smoke out and have some air to breath.
I would never do that - even if I'm desperate for one. One of my best mate really hates smoking, so I'm used to smoking away from non-smokers. The only time I ever smoke indoors is at a pub or party - and even then I sometimes go outside.
Old 03-23-2004, 03:48 PM   #220
Lalaith_Elf
Her Infernal Majesty

Okay I just thought I'd post that I'm starting to cut back on how many cigarettes I smoke a day - mainly because I can't afford them. I'm also planning to give up 'special cigarettes', unless I'm at a concert or party - which isn't too often. I'm not going to smoke them when I go to the pub at the weekend.

This is a big step for me, and I'm determined to do it!