Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-02-2010, 12:25 PM   #181
Midge
Faithful Gardener

Great-grand-aunt-Galadriel... Haha! I didn't know you were that closely related to her, Varna!
Psalm 56:11

"Starbuck, what do you hear?"
"Nothin' but the rain, sir!"
"Then grab your gun and bring in the cat."

Make sure to check out the C.S. Lewis forum. Game threads, movie and book discussions and more!

Midge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 02:01 PM   #182
inked
Elf Lord

Varnefinde,
Der iz plesin me! Hector fur Prezidant fur Life fur de Entmut! Iz dat so dificult?

Und, I sertanly dink dat Midg und her huny shud hav de long, long hunymun which wud mak her not abl to be Prezidant. She ud be to oderwis okupid. Se? Und if she iz onli going to be gon fur a few dayz and NOT BE oderwis okupid, I dink dat she wud be a bad Presidant bekaz she wud be distraktd bi her hunymun aktivitis.

Se, only Hektor - whu vas elekted fur 4 jahrs! und wrongfuly deprivd of his ofis by de undurhandd mods und adminz afturvards und is reli a nis gi whu doz not dezerv dat sort of tretment! - shud be Prezidant. Und to mak up fur de horibl manur in which he haz ben kast azid, ve must mak him Prezidant fur Life fur de Entmut!

It iz al kler az mud.

But I am veri dizapointed dat no kandidat can writ in de UroEnglish. Not evn Hektor haz dun zo. I ma hav to stop being hiz kampan manager. Und he haz no nominationz fur de Nobel Priz, eider, un he haz ben Prezidant fur mor dan 9 daz. Dis doz not luk gud fur de long term. Und de sea is levelz ar nerly normal agan, zo hiz ekologikal plank iz kerplunkd.

Du ma zee de se is levels her:http://wattsupwiththat.com/2010/03/3...ay/#more-17970

ZO, HEKTOR FUR PREZIDANT FUR LIF FUR DE ENTMUT!!! No wun elz vil do!!!!
"And there is always the danger of allowing people to suppose that our modern times are so wholly unlike any other times that the fundamental facts about man's nature have wholly changed with changing circumstances." Dorothy L. Sayers, 1 Sept. 1941

Last edited by inked : 04-02-2010 at 02:04 PM. Reason: spelinz
inked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 02:07 PM   #183
Mari
Elf Lady

Is anyone else getting 'Allo 'Allo flashbacks when reading Inked's posts? >_<

...The Earth laughs in flowers ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson, "Hamatreya"...
Mari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 02:15 PM   #184
inked
Elf Lord

Onli de pepul in de igluz dat ar not melting.
"And there is always the danger of allowing people to suppose that our modern times are so wholly unlike any other times that the fundamental facts about man's nature have wholly changed with changing circumstances." Dorothy L. Sayers, 1 Sept. 1941
Old 04-02-2010, 02:29 PM   #185
Gwaimir Windgem
Dread Mothy Lord and Halfwitted Apprentice Loremaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by inked View Post
It iz al kler az mud.
You can say that again.

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Gwaimir Windgem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 04:29 PM   #186
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwaimir Windgem View Post
You forgot the astounding 73% of 'Mooters (according to a poll appearing in Mootburo the paper of the Mootish Communist Paper) who want to RISE AGAINST THE OPPRESSORS!!!
We have communists oppressors? Nobody ever tells me anything!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acalewia View Post
How many people actually voted in this poll? I want a recount j/k
People ask for recounts on polls? Should you wait with that, you know, in the actual election?
Old 04-02-2010, 05:08 PM   #187
Gwaimir Windgem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eärniel View Post
We have communists oppressors? Nobody ever tells me anything!
No, silly, we have communists who want to rise against the bourgeoisie. THEY'RE the oppressors.

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Old 04-02-2010, 09:25 PM   #188
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwaimir Windgem View Post
No, silly, we have communists who want to rise against the bourgeoisie. THEY'RE the oppressors.
Wait, I'm confused. What does France have to do with it? Communists want to rise up against the French?! SOMEONE HAS TO WARN THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *turns to run and smacks into a wall*
Tessar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 10:07 PM   #189
Midge
Faithful Gardener

*sigh* I think all my hard hospitality work to impress voters is going to waste in a heated argument about communists and France and a weird accent.

But I'm ... okay with that. As a presidential candidate, I will take all hiccups in stride and encounter them with grace, as I would continue doing with Varna when we were elected.

Make sure to check out the C.S. Lewis forum. Game threads, movie and book discussions and more!

Old 04-03-2010, 12:19 AM   #190
Acalewia
Halfelven Daughter of the Dunedain, President of Entmoot

#1. What does Entmoot need that you can deliver?
More hot chocolate and cake in the Cafe Can never have enough of either one
#2. Did Peter Jackson use the cartoon Return of the King as a model for his film?
You know, I actually haven't seen cartoon Return of the King so I really can't compare
#3. Once in office, what will you do in regards to Fangorn/Entmoot's contentious relations with Mirkwood? Who will you send to Mirkwood as ambassador?
Depends on the state of our relations with Mirkwood. And as for the ambassador I am not decided at the moment.
#4. What will you do to try and get rid of the 90-second rule?
I can't promise I'll seceed at what my predcessors have failed atbut bashing seems to be doing a good job at the moment
#5. What will you do about the current mess of the Swiss Bank of Entmoot? How will you keep it from falling apart without bankrupting the government and the voters?
Take a careful look at they way they are running their business.Very carefully
#6. What about MootCare?
I think we may need to make it better for the people.
#7. Why is there a pony tied in the back alley of the Admins & Mods Administration Building? To whome does it belong? Why should I care?
A pony? How am I supposed to know that? I don't hang out in the A&MA building. I spend more time in the Cafe with the people.
#8. Why is the chocolate supply in Fangorn always decreasing and never increasing, despite constant influx of chocolate import?
There's a lot of mouths to feed. Some may be inhailing more chocolate then others.
#9. Short essay question: Who is your favorite Tolkien character? Explain why. Explain how this character has inspired your decision to run for president, and why this character's ideals are right for everyone.
It's really hard to pick a favorite Tolkien character. He has quite a few great characters. Over the years I've gone through all of them from Legolas to Eoywn. Although I think I relate to Eoywn more then the others. I'm running for president because I though maybe I can serve the people I love to be around. No character inspired me to run.
#10. Last but not least: What will you do to make Tolkien, his works, and Entmoot better-known and deservedly loved by the world?
Make at least on Tolkien work required reading in the class room. And add Entmoot as a study aide to Tolkein class rooms.

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Don't be such a sour wolf" Stiles ~ Heart Monitor

http://www.wattpad.com/user/IceQueenofMitera
Acalewia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 02:41 AM   #191
hectorberlioz
Master of Orchestration President Emeritus of Entmoot 2004-2008

Reasons for voting for us!

As usual, Acally beats out the competition by sheer honesty and sheer unpretentiousness. Are you guys seriously considering voting for Midge/Varnafinde? They're way too calculating. We need SPONTANAEITY!

Acally/Hector= relaxed atmosphere of drinking a beverage with fellow citizens in the Teacup

Midge/Varna=bossying/bullying, making people get to work on the dot, fussing over every nook and cranny that hasn't been swept

Acally/Hector=low taxes on your creek money. Why? Because we're not greedy, and we're not going to expand the government. We're going to clean it!

Midge/Varna=HUGE taxations. People will be fighting over the quarter that someone left in the soda machine change return slot.

Acaly und Hektor fur Presidants fur EntMut fur life!
Join the discussion at Entmoot Election 2010.
"Stupidissimo!"~Toscanini
The Da CINDY Code
The Epic Poem Of The Balrog of Entmoot: Here ~NEW!
~
Thinking of summer vacation?
AboutNewJersey.com - NJ Travel & Tourism Guide
hectorberlioz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 02:44 AM   #192
PYRO
Sapling

Acalewia I'm ok with. Too bad Coffeehouse isn't running also. He's the only sensible person, from what I've seen of his postings.
Old 04-03-2010, 09:01 AM   #193
Varnafindë
Princess of the Noldor (and Administrative Empress of the Lone Islands)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midge View Post
As a presidential candidate, I will take all hiccups in stride and encounter them with grace, as I would continue doing with Varna when we were elected.
Oh yes, we're going to be ever so graceful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz View Post
As usual, Acally beats out the competition by sheer honesty and sheer unpretentiousness. Are you guys seriously considering voting for Midge/Varnafinde? They're way too calculating. We need SPONTANAEITY!
Just because I bought my first calculator in 1977, it isn't fair to take it out on Midge. I'll give it away if that helps. She's going to be a great President.

Signature picture art - Bard the Bowman - by vigshane
Avatar art - Footsteps of Spring (a young Luthien) - by Henning Janssen
Varnafindë is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 09:36 AM   #194
Gwaimir Windgem

It's going to take some doing for either of you steal my vote from X Perry Mint.

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Old 04-03-2010, 09:50 AM   #195
inked
Elf Lord

Hektor! Hektor!
He'z de man!
Duz anyding
Obama kan!
Entmut Prezidant fur Lif!
Chicago-ianz
Vot leastly twic!

Hektor fur Presidant! fur Lif! fur Entmut!

Just sa "no" to X Perry Mint! Vas are du? Guine pigs? Lab ratz? Men or mic?

Only Hektor kan bring hop und chang!
Old 04-03-2010, 10:09 AM   #196
hectorberlioz

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPECIAL REPORT!
Teacup Table Gazette - Special Election Edition
ALL THE TRASHY NEWS WE COULD THINK UP!

-Special biographies and paperdoll cut-outs of all the candidates inside! And much much more!

-Is the Midge/Varna team ready for the presidency? An inside source tells us they arent. "Zey vil not du ze rit sing, evah." Our source wishes to remain anonymous.

-Is Acally working furiously behind the scenes for a landslide?

-Is Hector being persecuted beyond all reason?

-Is Inked, the self-appointed campaign manager for Hectorberlioz, really a Serbo-Laotian-Kiwi terrorist spy with a German accent?

-Is Jonathan telling the whole story behind his imprisonment? Was he really imprisoned for no reason? Evidence suggests otherwise!
Lots of stuff to answer!

The Da CINDY Code
~

Last edited by hectorberlioz : 04-03-2010 at 10:11 AM.
Old 04-03-2010, 10:16 AM   #197
PYRO
Sapling

my source

I have a source in the mod/admin forum. This whole election is a fraud to start with. You are all wasting your time.
Old 04-03-2010, 10:48 AM   #198
hectorberlioz

Might I remind the admins/mods that the ballot box should be opened now? An announcement of some sort is necessary and wanted, I should think.

The Da CINDY Code
~
Old 04-03-2010, 11:54 AM   #199
Midge
Faithful Gardener

Quote:
Is there anything more spontaneous than rolling a dice to find out the answer to a problem we know nothing about?

Quote:
Acally/Hector= relaxed atmosphere of drinking a beverage with fellow citizens in the Teacup

Midge/Varna=bossying/bullying, making people get to work on the dot, fussing over every nook and cranny that hasn't been swept
I'll have you know that I enjoy sweeping, and if there's a corner of any building that needs sweeping, I'll be glad to do it until our buildings are spic-and-span for all Mooters to enjoy. I'm not sure where you got bossy and bullying, but otherwise, we sound pretty darn efficient, which leaves more time for play, as we all know.

Quote:
Acally/Hector=low taxes on your creek money. Why? Because we're not greedy, and we're not going to expand the government. We're going to clean it!

Midge/Varna=HUGE taxations. People will be fighting over the quarter that someone left in the soda machine change return slot.
I don't even understand taxes. And if we're raising anything, it'll be the tax that Mirkwoodians pay when they buy our products. I know my people and I stand by them!

As for loyalty, I'm here at Entmoot 2.5 hours before my first wedding shower. I'm taking time out of my rather busy schedule today to answer wrongful accusations against Varna and I.

Quote:
Is Inked, the self-appointed campaign manager for Hectorberlioz, really a Serbo-Laotian-Kiwi terrorist spy with a German accent?
I knew it! By the way, I was glad to see his post in the Global Warming Debate thread was accent-free.

Old 04-03-2010, 12:16 PM   #200
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Quote:
Might I remind the admins/mods that the ballot box should be opened now? An announcement of some sort is necessary and wanted, I should think.
Might I remind the vice-president-wannabe he's a month early?