Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Middle Earth
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2002, 08:27 AM   #1
Faeirex
Hobbit

Location: A place inside my head, where none but myself dare go.
Gandalf Riddles

I've kinda stolen this idea off of another forum, but hey, who cares? It's really good fun.

Basically, this is based on the 'Riddles in the Dark' chapter in the hobbit. Someone writes a Tolkein-based riddle, which everyone else then tries to guess. Whoever guesses correctly gets to set the next one. Got that? Right, I'll begin.

I went on a journey,
Yet never left home.
I'm surrounded by friends,
Yet always alone.
I'm at home with all peoples,
Be they giant or small.
I changed beyond measure,
Yet changed not at all.

Who am I?

If you use the lycos chat room and I've already told you the answer, please don't guess. Likewise, polkat please don't give away the answer. Let somebody else try their luck first.

Happy guessing.

~Fae
Am becoming disenchanted with palantir guy. Refuses to send me photo, except of one v. large eyeball. Says he is shy but I rather suspect he is fat, or perhaps hairy. Have heard some v. bad stories about palantir relationships. Should probably cool it for a while.

Well, wouldn't you know, palantir guy turned out to be Dark Lord of Mordor. Just my luck. Could have been worse, I guess. Sauron not far or hairy, just disembodied force of evil. Must go now, have to raise massive demon army to scourge the earth. Also, have manicure appointment. Is no easy task keeping nails pointy.

Am tired of climbing up and down eight million stairs just to taunt Gandalf. Should have imprisoned him in easy-access dungeon where could taunt more effectively, and would not have to wait until after breakfast.

Have crossed orcs with goblin men in caverns below Isengard. V. tedious experience as orcs and goblin men most reluctant to breed, even with dinner and flowers. Next time will try something easier, such as breeding goblins and cheerleaders to create super-perky army that can travel by day and will not complain about pink uniforms.

Did not know when decided to make demon army for Sauron that would be so darn messy. Curse my decision to be Saruman the White. Should have decided to be Saruman the Muddy Brown, or Saruman the Faintly Greenish. White just shows all the slime.
Old 05-19-2002, 09:06 AM   #2
Elf Girl
Lurker

This thread will probably be closed as there is one exactly like it in the LotR books forum. How about you post your riddle there so us riddlers can sink our teeth into it?
Old 05-19-2002, 09:32 AM   #3
Comic Book Guy
Best Ex-Administrator ever

Hmm, I think I'll move the Riddles thread from the Lord of the Rings books forum to the Middle-Earth forum, enabling posters to take part in a Riddle-Forum that can cover all Tolkien subjects.
Closed Thread