Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Middle Earth
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-31-2002, 10:23 PM   #1
FoolofaTook11
Sapling

Tom Bombadil Visions of Middle Earth

How do you see Bag-end and hobbiton? What do the Charachters look like to you? Did the movie spoil your image of some things?

I luv Orlando Bloom!
FoolofaTook11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2002, 10:31 AM   #2
barrelrider110
Peer of the realm of Sanguine

Hullo Pippin. Welcome back to the moot.
I thought that Hobbiton was done very accurately in the movie, except for two minor points. I tend to think on the whole it was a less busy place, but the movie scenes of hobbiton were around the long anticipated party; and I thought there should be more trees, more shade, a more quiet, peaceful, atmosphere.

I tend to think of Hobbits as about a foot shorter than what the movie portrayed them, and with curlier hair and furrier feet. The movie hobbits were too buff, they should have been fatter. I don't like the casting of Sean Astin at all.

Fear Complacency!
Old 04-01-2002, 10:51 AM   #3
Elf Girl
Lurker

I agree about the foot-hair. There should have been a lot more of it, and curlier.
Elf Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2002, 04:43 PM   #4
Ërendil
Elven Warrior

I liked the hobbits in the movie, and thought that Sean Astin was ok as Sam, as i can't think of an alternative.

"Hehehehe, moeru moeru!"

"That's it, set it all on fire; we're gonna smoke out Escaflowne!"

"Oh, I hit the wrong target... never mind that creature was useless to us anyway. Our orders were to get the girl? So he isn't our concern, we don't need him!"

^_^ Isn't Dilandau just fantastic? You just have to love the insane, murderous pyro :-D
Ërendil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2002, 06:06 PM   #5
Laredith
Enting

I also agree with the foot hair thing too (though my mom, who has never read the books, doesn't. Her favourite character is Sam, by the way...). On the whole, Hobbiton seemed pretty acurate (or however you spell that).
Laredith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2002, 06:17 PM   #6
azalea
Long lost mooter

The movie didn't spoil my visions, but I do picture hobbits as chubbier. I picture their foot hair less like leg hair (a man's that is) and more like thick curly head hair (like their head hair was in the movie). I thought Hobbiton was perfect, although I picture it in my mind as less busy, it was the preparation for the party. It actually gave me a BETTER picture, because it "scaled" it for me. I have a hard time imagining how big places are or distances, so it helped me to see the scale.
I also picture some of the characters as much older.
azalea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2002, 06:30 PM   #7
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Hobbiton looked better than I imagined. Beautiful. I'm going to paint something about it soon. I didn't think hobbits would look so human, but I love it now. I adored Bilbo. Every drawing I see of him now pales in comparison to the perfect movie Bilbo