Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-09-2002, 08:28 PM   #21
Elf Girl
Lurker

Has she ever done anything to another student that might scare you? Once my little brother fell out of a tree, and ever after, when I was on the branch he fell off of, I would have unreasonable panic attacks and cling to it. (It was a particularly bad branch for this situation, no way to avoid it, first branch in the tree) However, I didn't climb the tree for awhile and it wore off. Is there any way you could avoid her for awhile, switch to another science class, etc, etc...

Later edit: I'm an Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelf Loooooooooooooooooooord!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Elf Girl : 04-09-2002 at 08:30 PM.
Elf Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2002, 08:47 PM   #22
Khadrane
Elf Lord

Quote:
Congratulations!!! (I'm jealous now! )

FRODO LIVES!

ABORTION IS HOMICIDE
Khadrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2002, 08:48 PM   #23
Laurelyn
Elf Lord

Location: Valinor, right next to Telperion . . . what did you expect, Michigan?
Quote:
Originally posted by Elf Girl
Cool, congrats!
No, she's never done anything to me or any other students.
Then why I am scared of her then? *is frustrated*
Khadrane: Well, maybe . . . but I'm with you, I hope you'fre wrong, I don't want to have Monday, Wednesday and Friday be livig hell like this for the rest of the year!

Angel of music, guide and guardian! Grant to me your glory!

The country I eat and spend the day in is by no means the country I sleep and dream in. Define patriotism.

Hold the boat, you spastic monkey! ~ Elenka
Laurelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2002, 08:42 AM   #24
anduin
Entwife

I have a weird problem with Entmoot that prevents me from making long posts while connected to the net wirelessly. If you don't mind, I would prefer using AIM or PM. My AIM username is anduin69.
anduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2002, 07:04 PM   #25
Laurelyn
Elf Lord

All right, Anduin . . . PM me, I don't have AIM.

The country I eat and spend the day in is by no means the country I sleep and dream in. Define patriotism.

Old 04-10-2002, 07:20 PM   #26
azalea
Long lost mooter

I just read all this and as a former teacher I know a good teacher would not want one of her students scared of her. And now I will say something really adult-like: Have you told your parents this? I don't know how your school works, but it's possible you could ask the administration to transfer you to another class. Believe me, when something like this would happen at the school where I worked, the parents could make just about anything happen. Don't be afraid to tell your parents about this, I'm sure they will want to help you if you explain it as well as you did online! If it continues to happen in the next couple of years in different situations, I would consider checking to make sure it isn't panic attacks, but if it's just the one time, consider it a fluke. If you can't get transferred and must deal w/ it the rest of the year, then do as the others were saying -- think of Frodo going through Mordor, Sam UNDER SHELOB'S BODY, and know you can certainly deal with this if they could do that!
azalea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2002, 07:27 PM   #27
jerseydevil
I am Freddie/UNDERCOVER/ Founder of The Great Continent of Entmoot

Quote:
Originally posted by anduin Perhaps you are intimidated by her because you want to impress her and do good in her class.
Maybe Anduin already helped you - but I do agree with what she said here. I hope Anduin does help you.

I've had problems where I admire a person and I just feel so much like I have to prove myself to them. If I say the wrong thing - they'll think I'm stupid or something. Trying to prove yourself to someone - especially if it's a teacher or something - can put a lot of pressure on you. It may be just that your afraid to let them down.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

Memorial to the Twin Towers
New Jersey Map
Fellowship of the Messageboard
Legend of the Jersey Devil
Support New Jersey's Liberty Tower
Peacefire.org

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide

Last edited by jerseydevil : 04-10-2002 at 07:29 PM.
jerseydevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2002, 09:26 PM   #28
Laurelyn
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally posted by azalea
I just read all this and as a former teacher I know a good teacher would not want one of her students scared of her. And now I will say something really adult-like: Have you told your parents this? I don't know how your school works, but it's possible you could ask the administration to transfer you to another class. Believe me, when something like this would happen at the school where I worked, the parents could make just about anything happen. Don't be afraid to tell your parents about this, I'm sure they will want to help you if you explain it as well as you did online! If it continues to happen in the next couple of years in different situations, I would consider checking to make sure it isn't panic attacks, but if it's just the one time, consider it a fluke. If you can't get transferred and must deal w/ it the rest of the year, then do as the others were saying -- think of Frodo going through Mordor, Sam UNDER SHELOB'S BODY, and know you can certainly deal with this if they could do that!
Oh, Azalea.
Yes, my parents know about all this. My mom actually is a psychiatrist, for laughs, and she won't leave me alone about it. What I can't get my parents to understand is that they know absolutely nothing about school and how I act there. I'm a different person at school then at home; I act differently. At home I'm usually holed up on Entmoot or doing my homework. However, I act on Entmoot a good deal like I do at school, and so that's why I posted this on the Moot; I feel like you guys know me, whether it's true or not. But my mom does know, and she and my dad are helpful to the best of their abilities.
As for transferring classes: I have pondered that. Unfortunately my understanding of the sixth grade system at my school is this: It ain't gonna work. I'll see about asking the administration (anonymously, of course) if it would be possible, but frankly, I really doubt it will come to a good end (changing classes, that is).
Jerseydevil:No. I know I don't need to work on presenting a good front to my techers: I get along better with the teachers than with the students in many cases. Go figure . . . .

Old 04-10-2002, 10:10 PM   #29
Laurelyn
Elf Lord

P.S. Oh, and while it;s good advice to think of all the fellowship did, there's just one catch. I can't think in science class . . .

Old 04-10-2002, 10:13 PM   #30
TinuvielChild
Padawan

Quote:
Originally posted by Laurelyn
I get along better with the teachers than with the students in many cases. Go figure . . . .
ditto, most of the kids at my school are the "popular" crowd, meaning brainless, cleavage-obsessed, non-Tolkien-reading, idiots. Frankly, they scare me. not like "i'm afraid of them, they're going to get me" but...you know what i mean? at least some of the teachers have read the great Prof's works. (ok, and some of the students. but we're in the minority here!!! shirechild, that is why you should NOT do Connections next year!)

good luck on finding a way to be more comfortable in Science class! hmm, maybe you could imagine your science teacher as Bill Ferny or something, or perhaps one of the Sackville-Bagginses, someone not to be afraid of? but if she's actually not mean, then perhaps as Bill the pony? or something? i'm no good at this....*wanders off shaking her head at her own inadequacy*

Dance as though nobody's watching.
Sing as though nobody's listening.
Dream as though you'll live forever.
Live as though you'll die tomorrow.

EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMEDDCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO and proud!

FRODO LIVES!!!!!
TinuvielChild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2002, 10:23 AM   #31
Elf Girl
Lurker

You could ask other students if they like her. Just offhand, they don't need to know about this if you don't want them to.
Old 04-11-2002, 05:32 PM   #32
LuthienTinuviel
protector of orphaned rabbits

ok, don't laugh, because i am being tottaly serious when i say this, unless there is a smiley after it.

maybe she isn't a person. ya know stranger things have happened like were wolves and bigfeet. (bigfoots??)
an old spriit that recently inhabited her body? and mybe you are subconsiously aware of that and are afriad.

just a suggestion.

sorry im nuts!
Old 04-11-2002, 06:39 PM   #33
Elf Girl
Lurker

fCongrats on being nuts, LT! I think a lot of the people I know are inhabited by evil spirits. I wish Tolkien would come and inhabit me.