Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entertainment Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-04-2002, 01:28 AM   #1
IronParrot
Fowl Administrator

A Beautiful Mind

Just saw it...

A very good mainstream film, at the very least.
All of IronParrot's posts are guaranteed to be 100% intelligent and/or sarcastic, comprising no genetically modified content and tested on no cute furry little animals unless the SPCA is looking elsewhere. If you observe a failure to uphold this warranty, please contact a forum administrator immediately to receive a full refund on your Entmoot registration.

Blog: Nick's Café Canadien
IronParrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2002, 12:18 PM   #2
gdl96
the greg the admin

Yeah...I really liked it. I think Ron Howard definately has his reputation back after doing the Grinch. And the trailers for this were very misleading. I think it would be difficult for me do do a review without spoiling some of it, so I won't. (not like I write very good reviews anyway...I just leave that to IP )
gdl96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2002, 12:55 AM   #3
jerseydevil
I am Freddie/UNDERCOVER/ Founder of The Great Continent of Entmoot

It is a very difficult movie to try telling people about without spoiling it. It's sort of like Memento - the less you know about it the better. Tater refused to tell me anything about Memento until I saw it - he even forbade me from looking at any websites on it.

I saw a lot of movie being filmed at Princeton which was really cool. The opening scenes, the snow scene, the chess scene.

I was actually walking up and down the steps of Blair Hall when they were doing the opening scene with the punch bowl. But that was when they weren't filming of course. I had to wait until they called cut and then they let me through. I should have triued out for one of the extras - that would have been cool.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

Memorial to the Twin Towers
New Jersey Map
Fellowship of the Messageboard
Legend of the Jersey Devil
Support New Jersey's Liberty Tower
Peacefire.org

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide

jerseydevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2002, 11:44 PM   #4
snoopy
Hobbit

I thought that the movie was realy good.
"Curse it! curse it! curse it!" hissed Gollum. "Curse the Baggins! It's gone! What has it got in its pocketses? Oh we guess, we guess, my precious. He's found it, yes he must have. My birthday-present."
snoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2002, 11:53 PM   #5
elf_princess
Elven Warrior

I haven't seen it but am looking forward to seeing it. I have no idea what the movie is about but anything with russel crowe in it has to be half way descent...
elf_princess is offline   Reply With Quote