Old 11-07-2009, 04:44 PM   #41
Comic Book Guy
Best Ex-Administrator ever

Way-hey!
Comic Book Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 10:34 AM   #42
Midge
Faithful Gardener

I don't know how long I've been around here.. maybe four or five years?

When I first came here, I only posted in the Middle-Earth Quote Game thread. I was afraid of getting lost on the whole big site. I think it was like, two years before I ventured out of my quote-game hidey-hole. Lotsssa fun, this forum, yess...

Edit: Four years last month. That surprises me, because I would have been much more likely to freak out over Tolkien sites two years prior to that, when I was a freshman in high school. Maybe I had just discovered that there were actual WEBSITES devoted to Tolkien. Which is also funny.
Psalm 56:11

"Starbuck, what do you hear?"
"Nothin' but the rain, sir!"
"Then grab your gun and bring in the cat."

Make sure to check out the C.S. Lewis forum. Game threads, movie and book discussions and more!

Last edited by Midge : 11-09-2009 at 10:35 AM.
Midge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 04:46 AM   #43
Acalewia
Halfelven Daughter of the Dunedain, President of Entmoot

Wow 10 years.

I first found this site in 11th grade while doing a oral report for Tolkien.

Came back to look for it after I gor my own computer and internet access.

Four years ago July

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Don't be such a sour wolf" Stiles ~ Heart Monitor

http://www.wattpad.com/user/IceQueenofMitera

Last edited by Acalewia : 11-10-2009 at 04:47 AM.
Acalewia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 10:50 AM   #44
b.banner
Elf Lord

Location: Trying to keep a hold on my temper so I don't turn into a big green guy.
Wow! Ten years, I was a bratty 12 year old when I first joined in 2003. Of course I was very excited about the release of Return of the King.
"We are going to tickle some Aes Sedai under the chin, rescue a mule, and put a snip-nosed girl on the Lion Throne. Oh, yes. That's Aviendha. Don't look at her cross-wise or she'll try to cut your throat and probably slit her own by mistake."-Mat Cauthon from Wheel of Time

"Don't make me angry, you wouldn't like me when I'm angry...."-Dr. Bruce Banner
HULK
BATMAN
THE FLASH
b.banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 04:06 AM   #45
Ingwe
Elven Warrior

I remember that I was a pathetic 25 year old when I first joined here. And a lot's changed since then! Now I'm a pathetic 27 year old!

Anyway, 10 years is quite terrific! Web forums couldn't have been out for long back then I'd imagine! So all this was a pretty new thing back then!

Imagine 2019, when there's a "20 Years of Entmoot" thread. Some of those who joined up here when they were just 12 years old will be 32 years old then! They would have spent a majority of their lives here!
Old 11-20-2009, 12:33 AM   #46
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingwe View Post
I remember that I was a pathetic 25 year old when I first joined here. And a lot's changed since then! Now I'm a pathetic 27 year old!

Anyway, 10 years is quite terrific! Web forums couldn't have been out for long back then I'd imagine! So all this was a pretty new thing back then!

Imagine 2019, when there's a "20 Years of Entmoot" thread. Some of those who joined up here when they were just 12 years old will be 32 years old then! They would have spent a majority of their lives here!
I don't know if that was intentional or not, but you do realize you're actually talking about me, right?
Tessar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 12:54 AM   #47
Midge
Faithful Gardener

[comprehension] Oh, I get it! You joined when you were 12, Tess! [/comprehension]
Psalm 56:11

"Starbuck, what do you hear?"
"Nothin' but the rain, sir!"
"Then grab your gun and bring in the cat."

Make sure to check out the C.S. Lewis forum. Game threads, movie and book discussions and more!

Midge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 01:34 AM   #48
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar View Post
I don't know if that was intentional or not, but you do realize you're actually talking about me, right?
Quote:
im new hear can i pleassssssss join in?

if I can than id like to be a

Elf

Name:tessar twelveblade

skilles: carismatic but a bit imature and dosent always stop to think things thrugh (no weght! that sounds to mutch like me! AAAAAAAAA!),knows a lot about healing ,has a dagger but thats all for blades but ok with a staff good shot with bow, has some magic power like fire arows and water arows , is extremly agile and flexibul, sort of strong but not very (hes only 12 you know), loves star gazing
and is a good singer. ok im done now

history: was traviling with parents who were both magishan elfs but we were ambushed during the night and my parents were killed i got away.
Old 11-20-2009, 02:25 AM   #49
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

*in a shrill voice* I AM AN ADMINISTRATOR, AND YOU WILL RESPECT MEH AUTHORITEH!!! *stomps foot and stalks off in a huff*
Tessar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 05:43 AM   #50
Jonathan
Entmoot Attorney-General,
Equilibrating the Scales of Justice, Administrator

LOL! BoP, you made my day
An unwritten post is a delightful universe of infinite possibilities. Set down one word, however, and it immediately becomes earthbound. Set down one sentence and it’s halfway to being just like every other bloody entry that’s ever been written.
Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 05:56 AM   #51
Ingwe
Elven Warrior

Quote:
lol! I haev teh leet ESP haxor!~~~

Quote:
LOL! BoP, you made my day
Aye, same here! That post was from August 2001, yet it says he joined in Sept 2001, maybe it's taking time difference into something, lol!

Irid, who replied after him, hasn't been here since January 2008 o.O. Wow, a lot of people are here who I didn't even hear of until today!

Wow...September 2001, the month that changed my life, in more ways than just the obvious events of that month. The month I met my wife. Sure takes me back. In some ways it feels like it just happened yesterday, and in some it seems like it happened...8 years ago xD
Old 11-24-2009, 12:19 AM   #52
Bombadillo
"The Bomb"

Well happy birthday old Moot, you old coot!

I don't know what brought me here today for the first time in... three whole years, before which I was just a monthly lurker, but I'm glad to find this thread. It seems meant to be.

Congratulations Ben! Your child is alive and well and I love it.

And its members are still kickin too. I didn't know how many old virtual faces to expect to see here. Glad to see you Tessar, Jon, BoP, GW, Gwaim, Rian, Gaffer, Anduril! Oh man! The list must go on. I just got here and you're all on this very page! Nurv I noticed, and HOBBIT and FF! I'm getting excited like a little kid who just ripped his first bong hit.

Yo, uh, we rock here. This board rocks. Fact.
Bombadillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 02:31 PM   #53
Jonathan
Entmoot Attorney-General,
Equilibrating the Scales of Justice, Administrator

Hey Bombadillo, good to see you! Wow, three years of absence... you definitely need to get active here again. And as you say, we rock
An unwritten post is a delightful universe of infinite possibilities. Set down one word, however, and it immediately becomes earthbound. Set down one sentence and it’s halfway to being just like every other bloody entry that’s ever been written.
Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 09:37 AM   #54
Snowdog
Dúnedain Ranger of the North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben View Post
I just remembered that today is the 10th anniversary of Entmoot's launch. I started the board on September 18, 1999
Hey retired ent, howyagoin? I remember stumbling into the moot one night as I surfed EZ-Boards.

Congratulations for the ten year mark!
Old 01-11-2010, 12:15 AM   #55
juntel
Entmooter

Ten years (and 3-4 months)? Well well, my belated happy anniversary!

Oh, and if anduin is reading this, she might be glad I tasted her Maker's Mark this season for the first time (couldn't find it before around here).

Here's to Ten More Years of Entmoot!
Old 02-12-2010, 06:44 AM   #56
GrayMouser
Elf Lord

My first post, from April 29, 2000, under my previous name (and a tip of the hat to Earniel for digging this up):

Quote:
My first posting!
Though Tolkien made that comment about "6000 years ago", I think that was largely to give enough time for the Elves, Hobbits, Dwarves etc. to dwindle away (sob!).
Middle-Earth actually resembles Europe at the time of the Dark Ages, with The vanished Northern Kingdom of Arnor standing in for the Western Roman Empire, while Gondor is about the same location as Byzantium (and filling largely the same role).
MikeN
Which shows, I think, two things

-there's alot bigger difference between 12 and 20 then there is between 45 and 55

-as you get older you just persist more in those same ideas, no matter how crackpot they seem to others.

Hobbles away, muttering "Minas Tirith...Byzantium...Sharkey...Dwarfs... Labour Party....

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us, cats look down on us, but pigs treat us as equals."- Winston Churchill
GrayMouser is offline   Reply With Quote