Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Books
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-16-2009, 08:10 PM   #21
Amanda
Enting

Location: Where the only known occupation is constant laughter
It kind of seems like Isildur just went in there and finished Sauron off after he had already been mortally wounded by Gil-Galad and Elendil.

It's like in The Two Towers movie, extended edition, when Gimli finished off the last Uruk Hai but Legolas saw him twitching so he shot an arrow at him to kill him again.
Quote:
So, why didn't Sauron flee with them? Why was he alone(?) away from his nazgul, at Orodruin?
For reasons that Sauron didn't flee with the rest, I'm not sure. He might have been reminded of his problem in the First Age when he didn't exactly show up to help defend his own master. Maybe he was ashamed of himself and wanted to prove something. Not sure.
Yes yes, so what to write here! Well nobody looks at these things, and it's very unlikely that I'll produce anything that original. So I may as well write something either way since it doesn't matter!

La la, lalalalala! La la laaaaaaaa, lalalalalalaaaaaa!
Amanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 01:04 PM   #22
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanda View Post
It kind of seems like Isildur just went in there and finished Sauron off after he had already been mortally wounded by Gil-Galad and Elendil.
That's what I think as well.

Quote:
For reasons that Sauron didn't flee with the rest, I'm not sure. He might have been reminded of his problem in the First Age when he didn't exactly show up to help defend his own master. Maybe he was ashamed of himself and wanted to prove something. Not sure.
How noble...
Gordis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 06:36 PM   #23
Amanda
Enting

Even bad guys like Sauron can be courageous. There's no evil without good, or good without evil afterall. Sauron's courage is what brought him down.

But who knows what he was thinking. We'd have to be able to psychoanalyze a madman.
Yes yes, so what to write here! Well nobody looks at these things, and it's very unlikely that I'll produce anything that original. So I may as well write something either way since it doesn't matter!

Old 01-17-2009, 06:54 PM   #24
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Quote:
Even bad guys like Sauron can be courageous. There's no evil without good, or good without evil afterall. Sauron's courage is what brought him down.

But who knows what he was thinking. We'd have to be able to psychoanalyze a madman.
Sauron a madman?
Gordis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 04:15 AM   #25
Amanda
Enting

Or mad Maia. That's probably more like it. Him and Saruman have a very close relationship though. They're servants of the same master... well they were at one time. Quite a thing that is, they both turned out to be not so great. It's interesting to note that Aule the Smith had many servants who turned to evil.

Aule the Smith's ethereal workshop: Smithy of the Gods.... or Dark Lord training camp???

Old 01-18-2009, 10:07 PM   #26
Ingwe
Elven Warrior

Yea, Aule the Smith is Middle Earth's answer to Obi-wan Kenobi. Everyone he trains seem to turn out so pleasantly EVIL! EVIL!!!