Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 12-24-2008, 06:03 PM   #41
Midge
Faithful Gardener

My dad is freaking out because he bought my mother a very expensive ring and matching set of earrings from Kay Jewellers, but he's afraid he didn't buy enough other presents to match her present quota for him (she has him 8 gifts, I think) and he was only going to have her 7 including both the jewelry and the other things he got her, but he ended up buying a couple of presents from me that I was going to get her because he wanted to even it up or something (I always accidentally spend a whole bunch more on my mom).

I just think it's funny that even though he spent nearly a hundred more dollars on her, he's worried about having the appropriate NUMBER of gifts under the tree for her. Haha.

I already had a friend get me one thing I wanted... A Taylor Swift CD (don't hate me or throw things at me! *cringes in fear*). I think other than what I know most everyone got me (my mom and dad got me a Rubik's cube! I KNOW that's what that odd shaped package with my name on it is! How exciting!!! ... no, really... HOW EXCITING!!!)... and other than all that, I think I'd like a night out dancing with the man of my dreams. Probably won't happen soon. Oh, well. Happy Christmas to me!

Edit: I know something ELSE I want.. I want "99 Luftballoons" in English! I had it, and then we made over our iTunes and I lost it. Either that or that one day I was listening to it, I could randomly understand whatever language Nena was singing it in unexplainedly. I also would like for iTunes to get rid of all the songs which it can't locate, because I've got them in there, but now it's all duplicated and stuff.
Psalm 56:11

"Starbuck, what do you hear?"
"Nothin' but the rain, sir!"
"Then grab your gun and bring in the cat."

Make sure to check out the C.S. Lewis forum. Game threads, movie and book discussions and more!

Last edited by Midge : 12-24-2008 at 06:05 PM.
Midge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 02:09 PM   #42
Mari
Elf Lady

99 Luftballons used to be my favourite number when I was a kid.

Tess, check your PM-box for your present

...The Earth laughs in flowers ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson, "Hamatreya"...
Mari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 06:16 PM   #43
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

I love it! It's fantastic.

I scored pretty good this year .

I got some argyle socks, a tin of altoids, Good Omens (by Terry Prachet, I think), How To Write Good Fiction (or some such title) by Orson Scott Card, two pairs of jeans, an Enya CD, Into The Woods and Once Upon a Mattress on DVD, the sheet music for Once Upon a Mattress, and a virtual huggable bear from Mari .
Tessar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 09:43 PM   #44
Midge
Faithful Gardener

I did indeed get that Rubik's cube, and the first two Twilight novels (wonderful story so far!)... I got Disney's Tarzan and Prince Caspian, some cute clothes.. TWO copies of Taylor Swift's new CD (my mom "borrowed" one to give to my brother's girlfriend and promised to buy me Taylor Swift's other CD for when I get back from my trip), Kenny Chesney's CD.. I LOVE "Down the Road"!... AND Kristin Chenoweth's Christmas CD (She is just plain amazing). I got jewelry (naturally, I usually do)... two pairs of Christmas socks, notably LESS candy than I normally do. I got a mouse RUG. That is going to be fun. It's a mouse pad shaped like a rug, with fringe and everything.

Nyeh. It was more fun watching other people open the BIG surprises. My family got a Wii this year. I'm not sure I'll be too obsessed with that. Oh, well.
Psalm 56:11

"Starbuck, what do you hear?"
"Nothin' but the rain, sir!"
"Then grab your gun and bring in the cat."

Make sure to check out the C.S. Lewis forum. Game threads, movie and book discussions and more!

Midge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 11:49 PM   #45
Ilfirin
Hobbit

Err. Couldn't find a thread where I could pass on some intercontinental wishes through this copper based connection.

So heres wishing you a Merry Christmas and all.

Cheers
Ilfirin

"C'est la vie", say the old folks, it goes to show you never can tell.

Last edited by Ilfirin : 12-25-2008 at 11:53 PM.
Ilfirin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 05:53 AM   #46
Mari
Elf Lady

I'm waiting for my Christmas pressie to arrive. I wonder what I'll get. Teehee, my first Christmass pressie ever ^_^

Tess, glad you liked it
Midge, sounds good!

Ilfirin: a merry Christmas to you too!

Old 12-26-2008, 08:09 AM   #47
Ingwe
Elven Warrior

I'd say I got what I wanted out of Christmas - quite an ideal day. No one was trying to use telepathy to try to read my mind, especially because this is my first Christmas away from where I grew up, and away from relatives. My wife, my sister in law, their grandparents who live here, the kids, a couple of friends down the street, and me hung out all day - that was what Christmas was this year. The kids seemed pretty happy throughout the day. Just before New Year's we're all going back to where I grew up to visit some of my relatives. My mother in law is coming here for New Year's Eve so I get to see her for the third time ever, lol.

New Year's will probably consist of the same thing, except with fireworks celebrating the end of one of the most disgraceful years in human history for the last 2,000 years. Well, it's a disgraceful year in the eyes of someone who owns stock in anything having to do with the automotive industry or pretty much any other industry besides video games.

Speaking of video games, got to play more of Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia for the Nintendo DS today. I got from 40% game completion the whole way up to 97.2% completion in about three hours. It really is a great game! It's the first Castlevania game I've owned since 1992 when Super Castlevania IV came out on the Super Nintendo. I love the last level's music (the last level is called "The Final Approach" where you're fighting your way through nearly-impossible enemies to eventually get to Dracula, but I'm saving the Dracula fight for later). I still have that music in my head even after having quite a few glasses of wine.

Speaking of drinking (let's transition between related subjects in an infinite loop), as opposed to what most New Years are like for me, this year I won't be doing any drinking. For some reason, I get intestinal problems from drinking alcoholic beverages, basically the body's way of saying "don't do that".

For next Christmas, I hope for a better world economy. Trade, religion, and war seem to go hand-in-hand. Religious malpractice (a pseudonym for using religion as a way to justify wrong-doing) is bad enough, but when economic problems rise, something bad always seems to come of it. Hopefully that won't be the case this time. If economic dilemma dies down a little, it could mean the difference between 2009 being the ushering of a new golden age, or a total disaster - either situation is possible.

Hopefully 2009 will begin this new Golden Age. Once there was the Stone Age, then the Bronze Age, then the Iron Age, then the Alchemy Age (crazy medieval scientists creating God knows what - "it's alive!"), then the Industrial Age, then the Space Age, and perhaps after this, the Golden Age.

Sorry about the long post. I could talk for hours about almost any subject.
Old 12-30-2008, 10:26 PM   #48
klatukatt
Entmoot's Drunken Uncle

What did I get? Hmn...

I got..... some show tickets and..... money and...... some dumb stuff.

My cousin got Transformers. Lucky. I played with them all night.
klatukatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 12:43 AM   #49
katya
Elven Maiden

I didn't get nothin'. I got a whole bunch of candy bars and a nice coffee cup thing. I have some stuff on the way though, that was ordered a long time ago and still hasn't shown up. I don't mind not getting much stuff though, it's more about hanging out with people for me.
katya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 01:13 AM   #50
hectorberlioz
Master of Orchestration President Emeritus of Entmoot 2004-2008

I got useful stuff. An emergency kit for my car, has various tools in it. I was also the recipient of a very large wall calender/]planner. Apparently my sister noticed I never wrote down dates and appointments

Acaly und Hektor fur Presidants fur EntMut fur life!
Join the discussion at Entmoot Election 2010.
"Stupidissimo!"~Toscanini
The Da CINDY Code
The Epic Poem Of The Balrog of Entmoot: Here ~NEW!
~
Thinking of summer vacation?
AboutNewJersey.com - NJ Travel & Tourism Guide
hectorberlioz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 06:59 AM   #51
Ingwe
Elven Warrior

The game I got for Christmas I already beat on hard mode, ushering in the end of the holidays. But, we're going to be getting a Nintendo Wii next week, so that's going to be a nice late Christmas present for all of us!

Happy New Year!!!
Old 01-01-2009, 12:57 PM   #52
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

I got a steering wheel for New Year with a note attached: "Without wheels? Trade this for sponsored driving lessons."

Subtle? Naaah, who needs it?
Old 01-01-2009, 01:00 PM   #53
Mari
Elf Lady

Hehe, but the drivinglessons being sponsored is actually quite nice! Getting a license is incredibly expensive these days >_<

Old 01-01-2009, 01:27 PM   #54
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Indeed, and I do know that is the actual reason for the gift, and not really to push me to get a license. I just thought it was funny. And I do keep putting it off way too long...
Old 01-02-2009, 06:18 PM   #55
klatukatt
Entmoot's Drunken Uncle

I just got a cheap learner's permit, then my mom taught me to drive.

It's easy really.
klatukatt is offline   Reply With Quote