Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entertainment Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-14-2007, 02:40 AM   #1
bropous
EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMED
DCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO

Fantastic Four II: Rise of the Silver Surfer

Okay, another thread to get stoked for the upcoming release.

When Fantastic Four came out, all I could hope for was the film appearance of the Silver Surfer. I have been rewarded.

Norrin Radd, Herald of Galactus, arrives this Fourth of July Weekend!

This guy was probably one of my all time favorite comic book hero/antihero, and for good reason. His comics read like true sci fi, and his interactions with the FF as well as with the Inhumans and other MArvel creations were riveting.

The trailer looks just awesome, and they got the look of the Silver Surfer perfect. I am really looking forward to seeing the whole film. Then we have to wait for the following summer for Iron Man (with Robert Downey Jr as Tony Stark) and the second installment of Hulk.

Marvel has been producing some of the most entertaining and watchable movies to come out of the Hollywood movie machine in decades. I've not really been let down by any of them, which is not something I can say for the DC films. Aside from "Batman Begins", DC really has missed the mark, the pathetically unwatchable "Superman" from last year being one of the worst.

However: This Fantastic Four movie is gonna blow doors, and I do believe we will see the return of the Latverian leader, Viktor von Doom.

All I can say, after an action-packed flick with tons of great destruction at the hands of the Silver Surfer, in the final scene of the film, with the Fantastic Four beaten, defeated and torn up, I only want to hear three words:

"I.......AM.......GALACTUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
"...[The Lord of the Rings] is to exemplify most clearly a recurrent theme: the place in 'world politics' of the unforeseen and unforeseeable acts of will, and deeds of virtue of the apparently small, ungreat, fogotten in the places of the Wise and Great (good as well as evil). A moral of the whole (after the primary symbolism of the Ring, as the will to mere power, seeking to make itself objective by physical force and mechanism, and so also inevitably by lies) is the obvious one that without the high and noble the simple and vulgar is utterly mean; and without the simple and ordinary the noble and heroic is meaningless." Letters of JRR Tolkien, page 160.
bropous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 02:14 PM   #2
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Wait, so who is playing silver surfer? Or is it compeletly CGI? Nah, whose the actor, or has it yet to be decided?
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
The last sane person is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 05:26 PM   #3
bropous
EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMED
DCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO

Sane:

The trailers are already showing in the theaters, so the actor has been set. Not a CGI but an actor with a CGI overlay.

Doug Jones, the fellow who played Abe Sapiens in Hellboy, is playing Norrin Radd/The Silver Surfer.

If you want to see the trailer, check it out at www.fantasticfourmovie.com .

The trailer was shown with Ghost Rider, as well as the older version of the "Spiderman III" trailer.

Release date is June 15. I think they got bumped from the July 4 weekend as that is when the Transformers movie is being released.
"...[The Lord of the Rings] is to exemplify most clearly a recurrent theme: the place in 'world politics' of the unforeseen and unforeseeable acts of will, and deeds of virtue of the apparently small, ungreat, fogotten in the places of the Wise and Great (good as well as evil). A moral of the whole (after the primary symbolism of the Ring, as the will to mere power, seeking to make itself objective by physical force and mechanism, and so also inevitably by lies) is the obvious one that without the high and noble the simple and vulgar is utterly mean; and without the simple and ordinary the noble and heroic is meaningless." Letters of JRR Tolkien, page 160.
bropous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 03:11 PM   #4
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Location: Mirkwood, well actually I live in North-west Scania, Sweden
Cool - I simply got to see that one - I have yet to see f4-1.
Grey_Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 06:19 PM   #5
b.banner
Elf Lord

Location: Trying to keep a hold on my temper so I don't turn into a big green guy.
this my must see movie of the year! i think i made a thread about it a few months ago.
"We are going to tickle some Aes Sedai under the chin, rescue a mule, and put a snip-nosed girl on the Lion Throne. Oh, yes. That's Aviendha. Don't look at her cross-wise or she'll try to cut your throat and probably slit her own by mistake."-Mat Cauthon from Wheel of Time

"Don't make me angry, you wouldn't like me when I'm angry...."-Dr. Bruce Banner
HULK
BATMAN
THE FLASH
b.banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 07:18 PM   #6
me9996
Ring-smith

Location: Either walking across Rohan or riding through Fangorn forest
Sounds like something I will near ignore untill a year or two afterwards and then watch it and find out it's a realy good movie...
Has no authority whatsoever
Master of messing up
Master of spoiler tags

Thread killer
Ring smith

Merry Christmas!
They'd never say that (Part 2)

What happened to the dragon?
me9996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 11:07 AM   #7
rohirrim TR
Friendly Neigborhood Sith Lord

who is directing it?
If its Ratner again I'm not sure I'll be able to stomach it.
...Inspiration is a highly localized phenomenon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gaffer
It seems that as soon as "art" gets money and power (real or imagined), it becomes degenerate, derivative and worthless. A bit like religion.
rohirrim TR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 06:53 PM   #8
b.banner
Elf Lord

Location: Trying to keep a hold on my temper so I don't turn into a big green guy.
i get to see the this movie for free because i bought the new extended version of the first one and it came with a ticket to see the movie!
"We are going to tickle some Aes Sedai under the chin, rescue a mule, and put a snip-nosed girl on the Lion Throne. Oh, yes. That's Aviendha. Don't look at her cross-wise or she'll try to cut your throat and probably slit her own by mistake."-Mat Cauthon from Wheel of Time

HULK
BATMAN
THE FLASH
Old 06-15-2007, 11:49 PM   #9
b.banner
Elf Lord

Awsome Movie! better than any Marvel movie and better than any other superhero movie except Batman Begins! I loved the Silver Surfer! And of course the Fantastic Four were awsome!
Johnny with everyones powers awsome!
Dr Doom was the best thing about this with his new suit he looked great!

HULK
BATMAN
THE FLASH
Old 06-26-2007, 10:33 AM   #10
Acalewia
Halfelven Daughter of the Dunedain, President of Entmoot

I highly enjoyed it, even though I was a bit disapponted that Doug didn't get to voice his character. All in all good.

Johnny getting every ones powers by touching them was pretty cool, esp. when he decided everything wasn't about him and used everyone's powers at the same time

SILVER SURFER WAS AWESOME!!!

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Don't be such a sour wolf" Stiles ~ Heart Monitor

http://www.wattpad.com/user/IceQueenofMitera
Acalewia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 03:02 PM   #11
Pink Elephants On Parade!
Sapling

I liked it, though I felt really bad for Susan since she kept getting her wedding ruined, and the embarrassing incident with power-switching. She handled it pretty well, though.
Pink Elephants On Parade! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 12:32 PM   #12
b.banner
Elf Lord

glad there are more Fantastic Four fans here besides me

HULK
BATMAN
THE FLASH