Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entertainment Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 05-26-2007, 04:42 PM   #1
orithil
Captain Jack

World of warcraft

Well theres an AQ thread so why not this, anyone play it?

Cortana: So have you got a plan to get out?
Master Chief: I was gonna shoot my way out. Mix things up a little.
orithil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 11:38 PM   #2
rohirrim TR
Friendly Neigborhood Sith Lord

I don't play WoW (no time for mmorpg's) but I do like some frozen throne LAN
action once in a while.
...Inspiration is a highly localized phenomenon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gaffer
It seems that as soon as "art" gets money and power (real or imagined), it becomes degenerate, derivative and worthless. A bit like religion.
rohirrim TR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 12:29 AM   #3
orithil
Captain Jack

yeah i do like playing rts online.

Last edited by orithil : 06-06-2007 at 03:50 PM.
Old 06-26-2007, 01:40 PM   #4
katya
Elven Maiden

I like WoW I haven't been on in months though, because I have no money and free servers kind of suck. I've always been a console gamer and haven't played much else for PC or anything online and no other MMORPGs to compare it too, but I do like it. I didn't even want to start, because while I thought it looked ok, I didn't think I'd get very into it. But basically, the boyfriend bought some discs, installed it on the computer, got me to the character creation stage, and I was like "heeey what's this???" and the rest is history.

What faction do you play, orithil?
katya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 01:36 AM   #5
Elanor
Hobbit in the Music

I've played this game quite a bit. My brother got me into it last summer, and I got my Tauren hunter to level 53 or so. I also played a Dwarf Paladin, a Night Elf Priest, a Gnome mage, and several other characters, but not beyond level 20. I stopped playing because I didn't have time, though. Maybe if I have another long vacation sometime I'll play again.

I thought the funnest thing was exploring the world and going on all kinds of different quests. With most other video games there's a set progression and a limited scope for adventure. The permutations of characters and adventures in this game are truly infinite, because there are different talents and skills to develop, different friends and teams to play with, and all sorts of places to explore. Plus, you can make money! And sell stuff, and trade, and play against armies of other players (my brother spends almost the whole time on PVP). Just be careful not to let it take over your life...

Also the graphics are very cool. I remember the last thing I did was fight this giant T-rex-type dinosaur in the Un'goro crater. It took about 6 people lvl 51-55 to beat him.

Segovia Mazes

Last edited by Elanor : 06-27-2007 at 01:40 AM.
Elanor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 02:10 AM   #6
orithil
Captain Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by katya
I like WoW I haven't been on in months though, because I have no money and free servers kind of suck. I've always been a console gamer and haven't played much else for PC or anything online and no other MMORPGs to compare it too, but I do like it. I didn't even want to start, because while I thought it looked ok, I didn't think I'd get very into it. But basically, the boyfriend bought some discs, installed it on the computer, got me to the character creation stage, and I was like "heeey what's this???" and the rest is history.

What faction do you play, orithil?

Sorry about that wait i play alliance and horde mostly alli as this was my first character and i only started playing horde once my alli toon was a high level.

Old 06-27-2007, 02:13 AM   #7
orithil
Captain Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elanor
I've played this game quite a bit. My brother got me into it last summer, and I got my Tauren hunter to level 53 or so. I also played a Dwarf Paladin, a Night Elf Priest, a Gnome mage, and several other characters, but not beyond level 20. I stopped playing because I didn't have time, though. Maybe if I have another long vacation sometime I'll play again.

I thought the funnest thing was exploring the world and going on all kinds of different quests. With most other video games there's a set progression and a limited scope for adventure. The permutations of characters and adventures in this game are truly infinite, because there are different talents and skills to develop, different friends and teams to play with, and all sorts of places to explore. Plus, you can make money! And sell stuff, and trade, and play against armies of other players (my brother spends almost the whole time on PVP). Just be careful not to let it take over your life...

Also the graphics are very cool. I remember the last thing I did was fight this giant T-rex-type dinosaur in the Un'goro crater. It took about 6 people lvl 51-55 to beat him.

Cool i play a 70 human warrior....thanks for your concern also It is a very addictive game and have heard it has driven people to killing people with swords in real life But i barely have time to play anyway with all my school work and such i only get on for some pvp action every now and again.

Old 06-27-2007, 02:16 AM   #8
orithil
Captain Jack

Also had anyone heard about the new warhammer online coming out it looks rather good and might even be better then world of warcraft.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLM5JbgXnFY this explains RVR

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWvAznIRVLA and this is great also with the maker of the game

Old 06-27-2007, 02:20 PM   #9
katya
Elven Maiden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elanor

I agree- it's cool to have the freedom to do whatever. You never really have to do any certain quest, and you can create your own gameplay experience and then change it too.

I play alliance now because that's what everyone I know plays. I have a night elf druid and a human priest and a human rogue I just started before I had to cancel subscription. None of them are very high level- main is in the 30s. That's because sometimes I log on and think "I'm just gonna grind for a while today" and spend a few hours shopping, going to the faire, helping n00bs, dueling, and don't actually accomplish anything. But I think it's more fun like that.
katya is offline   Reply With Quote