Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2002, 10:50 AM   #41
Laurelyn
Elf Lord

Location: Valinor, right next to Telperion . . . what did you expect, Michigan?
Ok, now I have no clue what's going on . . . I'm gonna miss Sakata, tho.

Angel of music, guide and guardian! Grant to me your glory!

The country I eat and spend the day in is by no means the country I sleep and dream in. Define patriotism.

Hold the boat, you spastic monkey! ~ Elenka
Old 02-19-2002, 04:29 PM   #42
HOBBIT
Saviour of Entmoot Admiral

Yup, Sakata has been lying to you since day 1.

"I'm up to here with cool, ok? I'm so amazingly cool you could keep a side of meat in me for a month. I am so hip I have difficulty seeing over my pelvis" - Zaphod Beeblebrox

Latest Blog Post: Just Quit Facebook? No One Cares!
Old 02-19-2002, 05:54 PM   #43
Nibs
Head Hollara

Quote:
Originally posted by HOBBIT
Yup, Sakata has been lying to you since day 1.
Okay, I'll be the (second?) to say I have no inkling of what is going on... probably because I'm still relatively new and know no one personally, but I read this whole thread and can't decipher the circumstances... I'm willing to bet Canada (okay, maybe just Quebec) that it's the "behind the scenes" thing again, where people can post their opinions on a thread alluding to this kind of subject, although only two people (if that) know exactly what is going on... it's probably not important for me or anyone to know details about this, but I'd appreciate a Reader's Digest version, if you can afford the time.

Ever heard of Mormons? I'm one. Click here to know more about us.
Old 02-19-2002, 05:57 PM   #44
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

oh so the rumer was that Tater was saying that?!

I didn't know that! I though that it was just some genarec member of entmoot!

sorry Tater! I know that you would never say something like that about someones art work unless you were very sure.

My bad. I completly appologise to you Tater! I only hope that you will forgive me.
Old 02-19-2002, 06:50 PM   #45
HOBBIT

Ok, I'll write something up and see if it gets approved by the other admins first before posting it. Do not be so quick to believe whatever sakata tells you. Like if she gives an exuse for why she was lying...think about it. Thats all for now.

"I'm up to here with cool, ok? I'm so amazingly cool you could keep a side of meat in me for a month. I am so hip I have difficulty seeing over my pelvis" - Zaphod Beeblebrox

Old 02-19-2002, 07:21 PM   #46
Darth Tater
The man

Uh folks, don't listen to Tristan. He's had a hard time with this and his emotions are pretty high at the moment. However, he is jumping to a conclusion that we are not 100% sure of yet, and should really not be discussing this with you at the moment.
Old 02-19-2002, 08:47 PM   #47
Laurelyn
Elf Lord

*scuttles away quietly and hides*

The country I eat and spend the day in is by no means the country I sleep and dream in. Define patriotism.

Old 02-19-2002, 09:29 PM   #48
HOBBIT

Sorry, I made a mistake. I probably am too 'emotional' about this. I tried to laugh it off, but I guess I can't. All we are in search of is the truth. Mislead would have been a much better word than lied. But it is true. We really do need an explanation. The only way for that to happen is for sakata to come back and tell us. I do not like being mislead, and I already had some issues with Sakata. This has probably clouded my judgment through all this. Tater has also taken this a little too far. He did in fact ask Sakata about whether or not she had drawn those pictures, just not in the way Sakata made it out to be.
But all I have been in search of is the truth, and I have been mislead all along the way. The public does not yet know what is going on. Because Sakata's friend brought it up, they must be informed. They must be informed of what happened and form their own opinions. The Internet is not a place of truth. Many people lie about themselves all the time, as I'm sure that some users on Entmoot who claim to be teenagers are really adults and vice versa. This goes on all the time. It doesn't really matter I suppose. We should just accept whatever story Sakata tells us. I realize that now, and I apologize for being such a jerk to you sakata, for even if I was right, it really doesn't matter. Not at all. It doesn't matter if you are really 16 or 20, or if you have 3 siblings or 20. I was just trying to do my admin duties, and perhaps I was just doing the opposite. It would be nice however, to know the truth. Basically all of the admins, myself included got a little excited over something that I now see in retrospect was not that big of a deal. My new policy is to just accept whatever an entmooter tells me is to be the truth, it doesn't actually matter that it is true. Sorry for being a jerk to anyone and everyone. But I believe that tater should be saying that as well…. .

I was being extremely serious when I posted that I was going to write up all this, using only the facts, telling exactly what happened. I hope that the other admins will if nothing else let me take part in this. Ben was just saying several minutes ago that someone needs to write exactly what happened and then release it to the general entmoot public. I don't think he noticed that I had posted this like several hours earlier. He was just ticked off that I had posted at all. Its really hard to "be all the admin I can be" with so many people looking over my shoulder. I'm only human. Tater is always making comments on how I admin……every little mistake gets picked apart….if silly complaints that tater makes up. Tater makes little mistakes too, as he is also human and makes mistakes. But what he does never gets questioned. No one is calling him names that should not be repeated here. Ben is also looking over my shoulder. I guess he feels that everything I do wrong somehow reflects badly off of him. They are both very paranoid about this. I make the tiniest mistake, or Ben and Tater seriously disagree with something I've done then BOOM. I'm just doing my best Gimme a break.

Old 02-19-2002, 09:51 PM   #49
Laurelyn
Elf Lord

*pokes head out of hiding place, looks around, decides it's safe, and crawls out of hiding*

Old 02-19-2002, 09:59 PM   #50
Nibs
Head Hollara

[breaks off a piece of a kit kat bar]

There ya go, Hobbit... keep pluggin' away!

Now, let's review the definition of "Reader's Digest version", shall we?

Ever heard of Mormons? I'm one. Click here to know more about us.
Old 02-19-2002, 11:31 PM   #51
Renille
Elven Lady of Speed-posting

Aww...it's okay, Hobbit, I still think you're a great admin! Good job! My post begging Sakata to stay was really not meant to put any blame on anybody...I just don't like seeing anyone leave who isn't a troublemaker. Sorry if it seemed otherwise!
(from Seussical the Musical. Listen to it...watch it...really.)
Old 02-19-2002, 11:44 PM   #52
Ben
Retired Ent

Ok, until the more rational adminstrators () can put up a real summary (or decide not to), I don't see how any good can come of leaving this topic open.

formerly known in the forums as bmilder

Owner of The Tolkien Trail and Entmoot.

Buy Entmoot shirts and mugs!
Closed Thread