Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 02-13-2002, 06:54 AM   #21
Laurelyn
Elf Lord

Location: Valinor, right next to Telperion . . . what did you expect, Michigan?
Legolas_bowking, this is really a thread that is for things we like. If you come in here and state what you hate, and single out americans as the cocky ones, we Americans out here aren't gonna be all that happy. There are cocky British people out there too; but all you have a problem with is cocky Americans?
See, how about somebody's oold but effective wisdom: If you have nothing nice to say, keep your mouth closed.

More things I like: Entmoot being back working again! Hooray!

Angel of music, guide and guardian! Grant to me your glory!

The country I eat and spend the day in is by no means the country I sleep and dream in. Define patriotism.

Hold the boat, you spastic monkey! ~ Elenka
Laurelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2002, 11:27 PM   #22
ryan
t2t relic

Quote:
Yes, I love rock 'n' roll, Ryan, but I thought that fell under the category music.
I love rock and roll.. its a song.. by.. joan jett? or someone like that Groovy song.

Ah, patrioticness was nice for about a week after september 11.. but im just rather sick of seeing an american flag every 10 feet Its not to say i dont love my country, its just that, too much of a good thing is bad

On another note, more things i love:

Green day, the dropkick murphys, and people who play 12 string guitars
smearing napalm all over brand new BMWs (not that i'd ever do that.. of course.. )
and of course, friends, family, and the homeless guy (known as the "bellarmine bum") that walks around my school picking up bottles out of trash cans.
into my pockets
my pockets, the pockets
of Ryan, Ryan, he who
will deliver the money
unto me. Then you will
truley be happy."
And the people followed, and all was well." --Ryan 62:33
ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2002, 01:44 AM   #23
FrodoFriend
Halfwitted

Things I Like (besides LotR):
1) LotR . . . had to say it again
2)Reading!
3)Writing!!
4)Getting "sick" and sitting at home (usually on Entmoot) while everyone else is at school
5) Soccer!
6) MUSIC!!!!
7) Weird combinations of all the above!!

As for patriotic/cocky Americans . . .
I hate it when people don't give a hoot about their country in peacetime but get all patriotic during war. Shouldn't you be more proud of your country when it's NOT involved in bloody conflict?

Anyway, more things I like:
8) Lying on the grass in the sun
9) Food!
10) Watching stupid people make fools of themselves!

The Crossroads of Arda - Warning. Halfwit content. Not appropriate for people with IQ of over 18.

The Fellowship of the Message Board

Nyáréonié - The Tale of Tears
FrodoFriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2002, 03:10 AM   #24
Arathorn
Bard of Mangled Songs

Quote:
10) Watching stupid people make fools of themselves!
Here, here! That's why I usually have a mirror lying around.

Accio, Ash Nazg!

Elennuru s?*la lúmenn' omentielvo (The Death Star shines on the hour of our meeting) - Darth Arathorn

Put aside the ranger...
Start looking for Mumakil action figures...
Arathorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2002, 10:13 PM   #25
galadriel88
Halfwitted Queen of Lothlorien

Ha ha.

More Additions

My oats 'n' honey granola bars
Watching ice skating (Timothy Goebel is so hot!)
Knowing I have money to spend
When someone agrees with me about something that most people don't agree with me about (say that 10 x fast! )
The band Chicago
My best friend Alison
My other best friends Kirsten, Katie, Emily, and Tiff
The after Valentine's Day chocolate sales!

+Every good thing that comes into my life is only a reflection of the greatest gift of all; the offering of yourself, dear Son of God+

Always remember, you're uniqe, just like everybody else!

"The one constant through all the years has been the Trombone. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. Its been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again, but the Trombone has marked the time. This field, this section, this band is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and could be again. Oh, people will come . . . people will most definitely come."
galadriel88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2002, 10:34 PM   #26
Arathorn
Bard of Mangled Songs

Quote:
The band Chicago
They definitely sing much much better than the boy-bands who remade their songs.

These are things I like, My:
Tolkien and about Tolkien books
Richard Feynman and about Richard Feynman books
Frank Herbert Books
Robotech Series Books
DVD collection (Suspense, Epic, SciFi)
New Wave CD Collection
The rest of the CD collection
Reading, listening to, viewing the above
My College friends
My High School Friends
Wall-climbing
Hiking
Exploring other towns, cities (If I have enough cash)
Life
Responsible (hopefully) Freedom

Accio, Ash Nazg!

Elennuru s?*la lúmenn' omentielvo (The Death Star shines on the hour of our meeting) - Darth Arathorn

Put aside the ranger...

Last edited by Arathorn : 02-16-2002 at 10:48 PM.
Old 02-16-2002, 10:54 PM   #27
galadriel88

Quote:
They definitely sing much better than the boy bands who remade their songs.
I totally agree. I think it is really cool that Chicago has brass instruments along w/ the guitars, drums, etc. - gives them a unique sound, plus I play trombone which is one of the instruments they have.

+Every good thing that comes into my life is only a reflection of the greatest gift of all; the offering of yourself, dear Son of God+

"The one constant through all the years has been the Trombone. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. Its been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again, but the Trombone has marked the time. This field, this section, this band is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and could be again. Oh, people will come . . . people will most definitely come."
Old 02-16-2002, 10:59 PM   #28
Evenstar
Elven Warrior

AHHHH!!! :)

Quote:
Originally posted by galadriel88
The after Valentine's Day chocolate sales!
They have after Valentines Day sales!!! I am sooo going shopping now!!!
Old 02-16-2002, 11:02 PM   #29
galadriel88

Well, yeah they have sales! All the chocolate is like 50 % off... mmmm, the savings are almost as sweet as the chocolate! Corny, I know, but hey, I don't care...

Old 02-17-2002, 01:48 AM   #30
Arathorn
Bard of Mangled Songs

What have we here? chocoholic elves? Not exactly a pretty sight, yet quite hilarious to think about

Accio, Ash Nazg!

Put aside the ranger...
Old 02-17-2002, 02:29 AM   #31
Nibs
Head Hollara

What a splendid topic... things I love... where shall I start?

1) God and Christ, for reasons as innumerable as the stars (and don't tell me I can't have two as the first)
2) My parents and family
3) The blessings I recieve from such belief (see #1; please don't let this turn into a religious discussion... that ain't my aim)
4) A sincere smile from a complete stranger
5) Good books (including LotR)
6) Good people
7) Good, meaningful music (lotsa "goods" here)

That's mine... don't stone me for putting LotR in fifth... it just doesn't brighten up my day quite like #4.

Ever heard of Mormons? I'm one. Click here to know more about us.
Nibs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2002, 03:49 AM   #32
Evenstar
Elven Warrior

MMM Chocolate!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by galadriel88
Well, yeah they have sales! All the chocolate is like 50 % off... mmmm, the savings are almost as sweet as the chocolate! Corny, I know, but hey, I don't care...
I seriously went shopping after I read that!!! Mind you...my wallet is now empty!!! Damn you cravings!!!
Old 02-17-2002, 02:54 PM   #33
galadriel88

LOL

I still haven't been since I have been on a 2 day trip w/ my school's history club, and also I got a big bag of Crunch candy in the shape of hearts from my mom, so I would feel really guilty if I went and got more.

Quote:
What have we here? chocoholic elves?
Yup!

Old 02-18-2002, 05:21 PM   #34
Frodo's Girl
Sapling

Cool thread! The things that i'm listing aren't neccesarily in order. Oh, and, uh, lighten up Legolas_Bowking, next time you post, read the title!
Ok, here goes!
1.God and the bible
2.my parents
3.my two dogs
4.this board
5.books and movies (sometimes TV)
6.my pal Liviane (I hope she reads this)
7. San Francisco
8.malls
9.three way calling
10.LotR stuff
Old 02-19-2002, 12:39 PM   #35
galadriel88

Quote:
San Francisco
Me too! I went there for the first time two Thanksgivings ago (is that a word?) and totally fell in love with the place.