Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 02-08-2002, 09:51 PM   #1
Starr Polish
Elf Lord

Location: Slow down and I sail on the river, slow down and I walk to the hill
Is Anyone Else Here In...

Track or cross country?

Pre-season starts on Monday (for my team) and I was wondering if anyone wanted to talk about it.

Oh yeah, and if anyone knows how to relax stiff muscles. I ran two miles yesterday and a mile today, with a cool down of about a third of a mile, and my legs are killing me They feel like rubber bands stretched almost to a breaking point. I was waddling like a penguin today.

Also, do any other of you distance runners get sore backs? Hehe...
I love track, I really do.
Old 02-08-2002, 10:34 PM   #2
CardenIAntauraNauco
Elven Warrior

I used to run 2 miles evey day for two years.. but the habbit is er... slipping. I decided one day that I was going to try and so I did and I made it. When I got back to my house I stopped and started coughing up blood. It hurt.

It got alot easier but I never tried to up the miles just the speed. I've never had a sore back though.
"We will have peace","Yes we will have peace...we will have peace when you and all your works have perished - and the works of your dark lord to whom you would deliver us. You are a liar,Saruman,and a corrupter of men's hearts. You hold out your hand to me and I percieve only a finger of the claw of Mordor. Cruel and cold! Even if your war on me was just - as it was not,for were you ten times as wise you would have no right to rule me and mine, for your own profit you desired-even so, what will you say of your Torches in westfold and the children that lie dead there? And they hewed Hama's body before the gates of Hornburg, after he was dead. When you hang from a gibbet at your window for the sport of your own crows, I will have peace with you and Orthanc. So much for the House of Eorl. A lesser son of greater Sires am I, but I do not need to lick your fingers. Turn elsewither for I fear your voice has lost it's charm.
CardenIAntauraNauco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2002, 11:27 PM   #3
FrodoFriend
Halfwitted

I was in cross country in fall, and might do a little track. Has anyone's back ever gotten sore from doing throw-ins in soccer? LOL, Starr, after soccer conditioning I had to hold on to something before I could sit down, and drag myself up stairs using the railing!!

The Crossroads of Arda - Warning. Halfwit content. Not appropriate for people with IQ of over 18.

The Fellowship of the Message Board

Nyáréonié - The Tale of Tears
FrodoFriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2002, 11:32 PM   #4
galadriel88
Halfwitted Queen of Lothlorien

Just all the running laps in soccer practice gets my legs sore! But then again I'm not the most flexible person... Oh well, soccer is still fun and that's why I play. I've found that a nice, long bath after practice or a game and a little bit (emphasis on little) of muscle rub helps a lot with just about any sports - related pain.

+Every good thing that comes into my life is only a reflection of the greatest gift of all; the offering of yourself, dear Son of God+

Always remember, you're uniqe, just like everybody else!

"The one constant through all the years has been the Trombone. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. Its been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again, but the Trombone has marked the time. This field, this section, this band is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and could be again. Oh, people will come . . . people will most definitely come."
galadriel88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2002, 11:40 PM   #5
FrodoFriend
Halfwitted

Yeah, hot baths do help. And so do personal masseuses! Well, we can dream . . .

The Crossroads of Arda - Warning. Halfwit content. Not appropriate for people with IQ of over 18.

Old 02-08-2002, 11:52 PM   #6
Starr Polish
Elf Lord

I'm everyone's mauseusse (sp?). For some reason I have really strong fingers, and I have a knack for getting kinks out of someone's back (whee, rhymes). Sadly, I can't do it for myself

I'm excited about track though. Never coughed up blood (yipes) but I have bad knees and I've done the 'dragging myself up by the railing thing"...and collapsing after a race, only to be pulled up by a teammate so you can run your cool down run ::grr:: It was drizzling! GAH! How about we share track stories?

Last year was my first year running distance, and I loved/hated it. When I first had to run the mile, I had to do it right after running the eight hundred (two races between, both sprints)...gah. I literally sat down and cried, but I finished, even though it was with a terrible time. I'm not horribly fast, you see.
Old 02-09-2002, 12:56 AM   #7
FrodoFriend
Halfwitted

I can identify w/ the collapsing after a race thing. In 7th grade track I ran the 800, but didn't usually try very hard. Then one time I just went all out, and as soon as I was done with the race I fell down and couldn't get up, my legs were so weak! It was a little embarrassing. I'm not fast either, Starr; in cross country I always hated coming in almost last, but for some reason I insisted on running the 3-mile varsity race every time . . . the things we do to ourselves, sheesh!

Old 02-09-2002, 01:02 AM   #8
Starr Polish
Elf Lord

I actually have never run cross country (I'm a sophmore), but I am going to TRY this next season...::gulp:: May I mention I've only run two consecutive miles once in my life, and it was horrible.

The first time I ran the 800 people thought the race was over and I was still running How embarassing! I did place once, fifth..it was amazing! It's one of those 'neck and neck' things. This girl had been about five feet ahead of me the entire race, adn I started my kick and the entire track team was screaming for me to catch her, and I just pumped it until I couldn't feel my legs. It was cool, I felt like I was flying.
Old 02-09-2002, 01:05 AM   #9
FrodoFriend
Halfwitted

Yeah, that's the best part about running, the whole flying-freedom thing. That's why I like soccer, and cross country, and track . . . although cross country is painful as heck!! Hills *groan* Why do there have to be hills? I could run 10 miles if it weren't for hills! Well, probably not really . . . What's really fun is running barefoot in the grass (laps around the soccerfield). You just don't get tired, for some reason. Plus you can pretend to be chasing Orcs over the plains or Rohan.

Old 02-09-2002, 01:08 AM   #10
Starr Polish
Elf Lord

Running barefoot? Oi...
Yeah, hills. I'm afraid of cross country. My sister blew her knee out in cross country. I have my families bad genetics, as far as knees go (all of my immediate family has required or still requires a knee brace for running or exercise). Yick. Which is why it's only a possibility.
Old 02-09-2002, 02:40 AM   #11
Sakata
Elven Warrior

I hate long-distance running, though I do track, my events are long jump and high jump

-Dare you venture into Gollum's Lair?

JESUS LIVES!
Sakata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2002, 05:58 PM   #12
Alandiel
Sapling

Hey I do high jump as well Sakata! I also do pole vaulting
Alandiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2002, 06:33 PM   #13
FrodoFriend
Halfwitted

Pole vaulting! Cool! We don't have pole vaulting here. Or javelin throwing, which is the other coolest event in track.