Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entertainment Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 11-07-2005, 02:44 AM   #1
Bombadillo
"The Bomb"

Mel Brooks

It's time I make a thread for the best writer/director/producer/minor actor ever. Is it just me and my family, or has everyone else who's ever seen one of his movies memorized all of its lines? They're all low-budget, but what's important is that they're all funny as hell, even though so many are so over the top. And I just learned that he created Get Smart.

My favorite is Young Frankenstein. God, Marty Feldman is hilarious, and Gene Hackman, in his best role ever. And then History of the World, followed by Robin Hood: Men in Tights, Blazing Saddles, Spaceballs... They're all just scene after scene of tear-inducing hilarity. They're exercize for me, my sides hurt so much after each movie. And yet no video place carries them around here. I've been trying to get my hands on The Silent Movie, The 2000 Year Old Man, and To Be or Not To Be for about two years now, to no avail.

Ah, anyway, who else love's this guy's crazy humor?

Last edited by Bombadillo : 11-07-2005 at 10:27 PM.
Bombadillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 05:37 AM   #2
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

I liked Young Frankenstein although it is not my favourite. Marty Feltman is indeed more than perfect for the role.

Men in tights is my all-time favourite, I've seen it so many times and it can still crack me up. My sister and I can recite a lot of the funnier lines by heart. Especially those concerning Blinkin.
Old 11-07-2005, 07:35 AM   #3
The Gaffer
Elf Lord

I think his best were Young Frankenstein and Blazing Saddles. Marty Feldman was tremendous.
The Gaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 11:05 AM   #4
Hasty Ent
Elf Lord

Love Mel Brooks! Blazing Saddles is my favorite, followed by Young Frankenstein. I'll never forget the image of Cleavon Little riding up looking gorgeous, complete with Gucci saddlebags. :rofl:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombadillo
My favorite is Young Frankenstein. God, Marty Feldman is hilarious, and Gene Hackman, in his best role ever.
Completely forgot that Hackman was in this movie as The Blindman. Thought you meant Gene Wilder until I went to imdb and found that Hackman was indeed in this movie. :blush:
Hasty Ent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 04:34 PM   #5
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

They are really, really fun!

Something really funny happened a while back when Blazing Saddles was on network tv. You guys know the scene around the campfire with the guys all cutting cheese? Well, apparently it didn't pass the network tv censors, and they showed the WHOLE SCENE without ONE single farty noise!

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Rían is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 05:09 PM   #6
brownjenkins
Advocatus Diaboli

The Producers has always been my favorite (big zero mostel fan too) ... but i enjoy most of his other movies as well
Old 12-01-2005, 03:10 PM   #7
Lady Ravyn
Thief Queen of Entmoot

young frankenstein is definetly the best. one of my fav movies EVER!
i alaso like the producers, blazing saddles and a rather obscure one called the twelve chairs; it has dom deloise in it. very funny.

Proud Member of the Evil Mooters and upstanding citizen of the Planet Bob!

And all you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be...

My Space!

Cynicism is what happens when a person opens their eyes; stops blinking in the sun, and starts wondering "why". Question everything, believe only that which you yourself deem true. Go ahead- Call me cynical.
Lady Ravyn is offline   Reply With Quote