Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 02-17-2005, 03:33 PM   #21
Blackheart
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
Dude... do you realize how FAST asteroids move? We're not talking a few hundred MPH. Those things are... like... a few hundred HUNDRED mph!!!!

I think. I mean I've never actually tried to catch one and give it a speeding ticket because, hey, they just move too fast!
That's why we have all those large computers.... So we can give asteroids speeding tickets...

Also so we can use orbital calculations to do things like point them into a lunar orbit to slow them down, and then manuver them into a high earth orbit...

And now is the time to start hammering out the technique. What would you think if they said it was going to actually hit us, wait a couple of decades to start thinking about a solution?

I say do it now, so that WHEN a killer does come along, we have it all worked out.

Queer haow a cravin' gits a holt on ye -- As ye love the Almighty, young man, don't tell nobody, but I swar ter Gawd thet picter begun ta make me hungry fer victuals I couldn't raise nor buy -- here, set still, what's ailin' ye? ...
Blackheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2005, 01:45 PM   #22
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

Well considering how long ago the Myans, Indians and Incas, predicted the end of the world, that's comforting. We're supposed to get wiped out in 2012 (Dec.)
Old 02-20-2005, 03:31 PM   #23
Blackheart
Elf Lord

Didn't you forget about the gregorian translation of the calender?

Isn't there like 17 years missing?

2012 to the mayans would be 2029?

Panic now, avoid the rush later!

Get me some ion pusher engines up there pronto!

Queer haow a cravin' gits a holt on ye -- As ye love the Almighty, young man, don't tell nobody, but I swar ter Gawd thet picter begun ta make me hungry fer victuals I couldn't raise nor buy -- here, set still, what's ailin' ye? ...
Old 02-21-2005, 11:24 AM   #24
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

Actually the date is with the correction for Gregorian calendar. In reality for such a prediction, a small margin of error would be most logical. I however, am going to keep on truckin.
Old 02-21-2005, 02:29 PM   #25
Blackheart
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock
Actually the date is with the correction for Gregorian calendar. In reality for such a prediction, a small margin of error would be most logical. I however, am going to keep on truckin.

Oh you're no fun. Poo!

Old 02-21-2005, 03:09 PM   #26
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

Most illogical.