Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-01-2002, 01:24 AM   #1
HOBBIT
Saviour of Entmoot Admiral

First Post New Year - Happy New Year All

YAY!!! or something

"I'm up to here with cool, ok? I'm so amazingly cool you could keep a side of meat in me for a month. I am so hip I have difficulty seeing over my pelvis" - Zaphod Beeblebrox

Latest Blog Post: Just Quit Facebook? No One Cares!
HOBBIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2002, 01:30 AM   #2
CardenIAntauraNauco
Elven Warrior

.....To auld lang Syne, my dear! to Auld lang syne!...
Does anyone know what exactly that song means.
"We will have peace","Yes we will have peace...we will have peace when you and all your works have perished - and the works of your dark lord to whom you would deliver us. You are a liar,Saruman,and a corrupter of men's hearts. You hold out your hand to me and I percieve only a finger of the claw of Mordor. Cruel and cold! Even if your war on me was just - as it was not,for were you ten times as wise you would have no right to rule me and mine, for your own profit you desired-even so, what will you say of your Torches in westfold and the children that lie dead there? And they hewed Hama's body before the gates of Hornburg, after he was dead. When you hang from a gibbet at your window for the sport of your own crows, I will have peace with you and Orthanc. So much for the House of Eorl. A lesser son of greater Sires am I, but I do not need to lick your fingers. Turn elsewither for I fear your voice has lost it's charm.
CardenIAntauraNauco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2002, 01:55 AM   #3
CardenIAntauraNauco
Elven Warrior

NOT YET.
You have the first EST time zone post but not the first Tolkien trail Timezone post

6 min till 2002
"We will have peace","Yes we will have peace...we will have peace when you and all your works have perished - and the works of your dark lord to whom you would deliver us. You are a liar,Saruman,and a corrupter of men's hearts. You hold out your hand to me and I percieve only a finger of the claw of Mordor. Cruel and cold! Even if your war on me was just - as it was not,for were you ten times as wise you would have no right to rule me and mine, for your own profit you desired-even so, what will you say of your Torches in westfold and the children that lie dead there? And they hewed Hama's body before the gates of Hornburg, after he was dead. When you hang from a gibbet at your window for the sport of your own crows, I will have peace with you and Orthanc. So much for the House of Eorl. A lesser son of greater Sires am I, but I do not need to lick your fingers. Turn elsewither for I fear your voice has lost it's charm.
Old 01-01-2002, 02:00 AM   #4
CardenIAntauraNauco
Elven Warrior

DID I GET THE FIRST POST OF THE YEAR?
Old 01-01-2002, 02:10 AM   #5
HOBBIT

What are you talking about dude? Maybe you can set entmoot to your own timezone? But the Tolkientrail and Entmoot are in EST. May I point out that both of the owners of the Tolkientrail live in the Eastern time zone....may i also point out that 7 out of 9 admins of this board are on the eastern time zone. I was not aware that on the site it told the time.....if it did believe me it would be in EST.

I think the misunderstanding here is that you probably set this board to your own time zone.....if thats not the case, please tell me what you were talking about "offical tolkientrail timezone" ermm..........

Is my post not the first one to say 1/01/02? If yes, which it was, then how is that not the first post of the new year on this board????

No, you didn't, I got the first post of the new year

"I'm up to here with cool, ok? I'm so amazingly cool you could keep a side of meat in me for a month. I am so hip I have difficulty seeing over my pelvis" - Zaphod Beeblebrox

Old 01-01-2002, 02:15 AM   #6
Feraway Hawkbriar
Elven Warrior

Yay! for everyone whos timezone has already switched over to 2002 "throws E-confetti... Hopefully its not going to suck as much as 2001...yeah....
Feraway Hawkbriar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2002, 02:16 AM   #7
CardenIAntauraNauco
Elven Warrior

Hmmmm... I saw it at the bottom of the forum screen. It said some thing like all times are GMT - 6 the time is 12:00 AM and my computer notes yours as 2001. In retrospect im an idiot.Simply a misunderstanding.Oh well I got the SECOND post of the year which. We should get some sort of prize or something.

Last edited by CardenIAntauraNauco : 01-01-2002 at 02:22 AM.
Old 01-01-2002, 07:09 AM   #8
Legolas
Elven Warrior

HAPPY NEW YEAR, HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

"auld lang syne" means something like "old long road"
Old 01-01-2002, 11:59 AM   #9
Darth Tater
The man

Tristan, you need to get some sleep
Darth Tater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2002, 12:07 PM   #10
Ben
Retired Ent

One of the beauties of vBulletin is that you can set it to whatever time you're in. So, on Tristan's computer it appears that he has the first post of the New Year, but to other people it looks earlier or later.

You can change your timezone setting in the user control panel.

formerly known in the forums as bmilder

Owner of The Tolkien Trail and Entmoot.

Buy Entmoot shirts and mugs!
Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2002, 02:49 PM   #11
HOBBIT

ssssh ben.

Old 01-01-2002, 04:16 PM   #12
CardenIAntauraNauco
Elven Warrior

Who is the closest to greenwich going west that posted.. At 6 pm here(7 pm for EST) It should have been New years at GMT so I guess we could find who had the REAL first post if anyone cared.
Old 01-05-2002, 02:47 PM   #13
EdBlackadder
Hobbit

Quote:
Originally posted by CardenIAntauraNauco
.....To auld lang Syne, my dear! to Auld lang syne!...
Does anyone know what exactly that song means.
I don't know, but i heard that the earliest copy they've found is from the North East of England, not Scotland.

Happy New Year!
Old 01-06-2002, 10:35 PM   #14
CardenIAntauraNauco
Elven Warrior

Hmm.. Interesting