Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entertainment Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-17-2004, 06:24 PM   #21
Lady Ravyn
Thief Queen of Entmoot

what are some good games for gc? are there any good multi-player games?

EDIT: grumblegrumble...stupidninetysecondrule...grumbleg rumblegrumble...

Proud Member of the Evil Mooters and upstanding citizen of the Planet Bob!

And all you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be...

My Space!

Cynicism is what happens when a person opens their eyes; stops blinking in the sun, and starts wondering "why". Question everything, believe only that which you yourself deem true. Go ahead- Call me cynical.
Lady Ravyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2004, 12:24 AM   #22
Ragnarok
Rohirrim Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Janny
Which games would you say are the best multiplayer shoot em up for PS2?
And is there going to be a Red Faction three? I need my amazing shoot thru walls rail gun...
My bro has Socom 1 and 2 , single player and online are both fun.
Ragnarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2004, 04:00 PM   #23
Lady Ravyn
Thief Queen of Entmoot

okay, never mind the gc; what are some good ps2 games (single and multiplayer)
i changed my mind again! ack! so many factors to think over!

Proud Member of the Evil Mooters and upstanding citizen of the Planet Bob!

And all you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be...

My Space!

Cynicism is what happens when a person opens their eyes; stops blinking in the sun, and starts wondering "why". Question everything, believe only that which you yourself deem true. Go ahead- Call me cynical.
Lady Ravyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2004, 04:35 PM   #24
Janny
The Blobbit

It's just I need a back up in the form of my PS2 and multitap when all our water fights have been fought and our sun bathings, erm, bathed.

Shame some of my friends are wussy (sorry but they are girls too) who insist on autoaim... no fun with golden bullet... but great fun when they panic on seeing themselves move slooooowly through your scope on slow mo, low gravity mode... MWAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHA!!!

Tradition means giving votes to the most obscure of all classes, our ancestors. It is the democracy of the dead. Tradition refuses to submit to the small and arrogant oligarchy of those who happen to be walking about. ~ Mercutio... erm, GK Chesterton.
Janny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 08:24 PM   #25
HOBBIT
Saviour of Entmoot Admiral

For some reason, I had the urge to buy a n64

So I went out and bought a used n64 plus controller and a bunch of games for cheap.

It isn't as great or as high-tech as I remember it being, but it is still pretty cool to have.

Can't wait to buy Mario Kart 64

The controller really stinks though.

So now thats xbox and n64. I won't be buying any other systems for a long while though. (considering that in the past week I've blown over $300 on systems and games).

"I'm up to here with cool, ok? I'm so amazingly cool you could keep a side of meat in me for a month. I am so hip I have difficulty seeing over my pelvis" - Zaphod Beeblebrox

Latest Blog Post: Just Quit Facebook? No One Cares!
HOBBIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 03:31 PM   #26
Ragnarok
Rohirrim Warrior

Lady Ravyn, the Final Fantasy series for ps2 is what I recommend.
Ragnarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 12:03 AM   #27
HOBBIT

hmm i just bought a Gamecube on Sunday.

"I'm up to here with cool, ok? I'm so amazingly cool you could keep a side of meat in me for a month. I am so hip I have difficulty seeing over my pelvis" - Zaphod Beeblebrox

Old 09-25-2004, 03:08 PM   #28
Janny
The Blobbit

Three months is a while now? Personally, though I've owned neither, I think that the 64's better than the Gamecube. Especially the important multiplayer games: Bond and Mariokart. Both best on N64.

Tradition means giving votes to the most obscure of all classes, our ancestors. It is the democracy of the dead. Tradition refuses to submit to the small and arrogant oligarchy of those who happen to be walking about. ~ Mercutio... erm, GK Chesterton.
Janny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2004, 02:40 AM   #29
IronParrot
Fowl Administrator

I have a GameCube. What I don't have is an interest in either of the other two big systems of this generation.

The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker, Viewtiful Joe, Tales of Symphonia, Metroid Prime - perfect lasting antidotes to lonely summer nights, epitomizing the best of everything I remember about what video games used to be like. I can safely say the GameCube is the second-best system I've had the pleasure of playing, the Super Nintendo Entertainment System remaining on top.

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic was really quite well done, but is more at home in the PC version.

I'm quite excited about the Nintendo DS and will likely be pre-ordering a unit prior to its November release, though it's a pity they are not coming out with pretty colours for it right away. I want mine in purple - er, indigo.
All of IronParrot's posts are guaranteed to be 100% intelligent and/or sarcastic, comprising no genetically modified content and tested on no cute furry little animals unless the SPCA is looking elsewhere. If you observe a failure to uphold this warranty, please contact a forum administrator immediately to receive a full refund on your Entmoot registration.

Blog: Nick's Café Canadien
IronParrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004, 10:11 AM   #30
Jonathan
Entmoot Attorney-General,
Equilibrating the Scales of Justice, Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janny
Three months is a while now? Personally, though I've owned neither, I think that the 64's better than the Gamecube. Especially the important multiplayer games: Bond and Mariokart. Both best on N64.
Bingo. With games like those two, the N64 beats all the next generation consoles
An unwritten post is a delightful universe of infinite possibilities. Set down one word, however, and it immediately becomes earthbound. Set down one sentence and it’s halfway to being just like every other bloody entry that’s ever been written.
Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 03:16 AM   #31
Strongbow
Hobbit

best system out right now is GC hands down, ps2 is offering up run of the mill movie remake games and gta clones, xbox only caters to gamers that love rap yet can somehow afford 300 peripherals a broadband connection and an xbox live suscription. i'll stick with fun original titles thanks, gc all the way.

*this is coming from someone who once swore never to get gc because i thought they would just have flowers instead of zombies in Resident Evil. lol *
~ Duke Raul
===========
Strongbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 02:32 AM   #32
Ñólendil
Elf Lord

Hey Hobbit, how are you enjoying Knights of the Old Republic? That has to be the best RPG I've played. Other good RPGs (and virtually the only ones) on the XBox include Sudeki and Morrowind, although Sudeki is pretty linear and Morrowind goes in the opposite direction (HUGE world to explore, with LOTS of choices). There's also Arx Fatalis, but I never played it as it's point of view was locked to first person. Then there's the supposed Action-RPGs which are nothing more than hack-fests, if you like that sort of thing, like Dungeons and Dragons Heroes.
Old 11-05-2004, 02:53 AM   #33
HOBBIT

To be honest, i havent played that game much. I also havent really had time to play any of my consoles since school started.

So far, i only have Metroid Prime for GC and I don't quite care for it. I will be at least 2 more games for GC to justify the purchase.

KOTOR is ok. Very nice visuals. I like that it is Star Wars. But, I'm not a huge turn based - point based RPG. I don't like that you can actually fight yourself or whatever.

I played KOTOR for like 30 min when I got it, then put it aside indefinitely.

I will pick it up again some day :P Maybe during my next break. I didn't really give it a fair chance.

Some nice titles out in NOV that I am interested in
- will get Halo 2 eventually, no hurry ( only finished like 75%of Halo 1, then it got boring)
-Atari Anthology - a couple dozen atari games, should be fun
-Sonic Mega Collection Plus for xbox, nice.
-Street Fighter Two for xbox - may pick this up.

Old 11-05-2004, 03:22 AM   #34
BeardofPants
the Shrike

You DON'T like Metroid Prime?! Frickin' heathen. I love it... have to start playing it again....
Old 11-09-2004, 05:54 PM   #35
Millane
The Dude

Halo 2 oooooh baby Spent all yesterday playing it and i daresay i will do the same today, so much has improved, all the weapons (new pistol is a bit questionable but i like) as was expected it is a lot more vehicle orientated and thank god they improved the vehicles esp the ghost, it is actually worth using this time round.
its only downfall was you cant play co-op on two screens, which was a tad annoying.
Old 11-10-2004, 09:48 PM   #36
HOBBIT

so is halo 2 in fact as godly as everyone thought it would be?

i have almost no time for video games now, i may pick it up in a few months.

I don't like paying $50 for a game as well.

I'd be more inclined to buy some dvds or Sonic Mega Collection Plus, Atari Anthology, Street Fighter 2 - all come to xbox soon.

Old 11-16-2004, 11:03 PM   #37
Millane
The Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOBBIT
so is halo 2 in fact as godly as everyone thought it would be?

i have almost no time for video games now, i may pick it up in a few months.

I don't like paying $50 for a game as well.

I'd be more inclined to buy some dvds or Sonic Mega Collection Plus, Atari Anthology, Street Fighter 2 - all come to xbox soon.
No way Halo 2 is more godly than expected, more than a week has past since Halo was released, and ive been playing it nearly all this time its all about mulitplayer, nothing gamewise can beat a multiplayer game of halo 2 on two or more screens. We mainly played stright slayer (basically first to kill a certain number of people) but weve done a lot of the other games now King of the Hill (gotta hold a hill for a certain period), Assault (gotta plant a bomb, awesome team game), Oddball (have to hold the oddball for a certain time, best in Midship) and Juggernaut (One person is jugger, you get points by killing people as the jugger, to become jugger have to kill the jugger, equivalent of Gladiator from Timesplitters 2)
fun is endless
Millane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 09:33 PM   #38
Nothing
Hobbit

I have x-box.
Buffy is my favourite. And of course The hobbit and fellowship, the two towers and TROTK.
Fellowship and The hobbit I haven`t finished yet.